Kikokugai -Reichin Rinrinshan- (all age remake)

WinterfuryZX

I want to purchase a copy of this game and I have a few questions:

Is this the 2011 all age remake or the old version?

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%8B%E3%83%88%E3%83%AD%E3%83%97%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B9-%E9%AC%BC%E5%93%AD%E8%A1%97--%E9%80%9A%E5%B8%B8%E7%89%88-/dp/B007UKISQQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461089441&sr=8-1&keywords=%E9%AC%BC%E5%93%AD%E8%A1%97

and this? This is more expensive, is it a special edition or what?

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%8B%E3%83%88%E3%83%AD%E3%83%97%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B9-%E9%AC%BC%E5%93%AD%E8%A1%97/dp/B004UJ36TO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1461089441&sr=8-3&keywords=%E9%AC%BC%E5%93%AD%E8%A1%97

Is there any download edition available somewhere on the net? Possibly compatible with the fantranslation. I can't find anything but... you never know...

First second one is the 18+ one (note how international shipping isn't available), the name is simply Kikokugai, and it's more expensive.  The second first one is the "Regular Edition" (通常版), which is the all-ages remake, has international shipping options and can be bought from Amazon to boot.  It's also cheaper.

Pretty sure, yeah.  I mean, I can't read most kanji, so I just have to rely on crappy translating software to get the gist of what they mean.  I can't be sure, though.  I am sure that the second first one is the all-ages version.  The VNDB release for it shares kanji 通常版, which is Regular Edition.

Looking through the sellers for the first one, they are all set to domestic shipping only.  Even if Amazon didn't have any in stock, I'm pretty sure they'd list international shipping as available.  As for the lack of an age gate, I just went to the pages for Grisaia no Kajitsu and Meikyuu (neither of them have all-ages PC releases), and I didn't have to deal with an age gate.

5 minutes ago, Zakamutt said:

International shipping isn't available for either of those, not sure what Zeno was smoking. Also not sure if either of those are the remake, to be honest.

The second first link led me to this when I clicked on it.  I don't even own a bong  :ren:

EDIT: I think I mixed the order of the links up.  My b  :sachi:

It's possible it's giving me this because I'm accessing it from sweden I guess, lol (yes, the japanese page says the same thing)

HHBeSEk.png

The question of the versions is annoying. The full name of the remake's "regular" edition is 鬼哭街 -涙尽鈴音響- 通常版, with the middle buncha kanji signifying the remake. vndb doesn't list a regular edition for the old thing, but it's hardly impossible for there to be one...

Also, you got the "first one" and "last one" mixed up, lol

Edited by Zakamutt
more information

11 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

...try to find old version. Without voices, but with much, much better graphics. I would even say 'original looking graphics', as opposed to 'bland and generic remake'.

I disagree. Well, you can always look up some for comparison I guess.

1 hour ago, Zenophilious said:

Actually, I heard that the remake is pretty much superior in every way, including better-looking CGs.  It somehow still contains the h-scenes, from what I've heard, just toned down.

Yup. They're even up on youtube in some guy's playthrough. Disagree about CGs, but different strokes for different folks obviously. But actually there is not many changes to them:

Spoiler

kikokugai_en-2015-01-29-19-00-27-877.jpg
0095.jpg
kikokugai_en-2015-01-29-20-31-30-651.jpg
0019.jpg
kikokugai_en-2015-01-29-19-01-41-409.jpg
0098.jpg
Kikokugai.-.The.Cyber.Slayer.full.642239
ev_t10.png

Also my opinion is biased, because I fell in love with this otherworldy, beautifull sprite (literally in first scene):

Spoiler

hThmI2Y.png

And it was butchered like that, to form of generic big boobed nobody, in remake:

Spoiler

qkR9T3h.png

Also links for both youtube versions to comparrisions. Although remake is in russian: