Does a VN like this exist?

Silvz

A VN with some / lots of choices, but that don't change anything during the common route, and you only see the results when the other routes happen?

For example, you have a common route with 5 questions, 2 choices for it. Even if you choose every single one of them, nothing will be changed in the story, not even some lines, but after you finish the common route, you get the results of that choices.

If you didn't get the idea, you can ask me to explain it.

what you mean are long term choices, I haven't played a vn like that, most of the time a choice you pick will have some kind of effect really soon not at the end of the novel specially with a common long route, like picking something at the beginning and after 20 hours of reading watching a different result depending on that choices. I can't think of any vn like that i'm sure there is .

2 hours ago, Silvz said:

A VN with some / lots of choices, but that don't change anything during the common route, and you only see the results when the other routes happen?

For example, you have a common route with 5 questions, 2 choices for it. Even if you choose every single one of them, nothing will be changed in the story, not even some lines, but after you finish the common route, you get the results of that choices.

If you didn't get the idea, you can ask me to explain it.

This used to be common - most VNs used to use some variety of a "points" system, where making choices in the common route added (or subtracted) points for the heroines.  Then, at the end of the common route, there would be a branch, and the player would follow whichever heroine had the most points.

In recent years, there's been a trend towards making each choice matter more, both for a more solid story, and because there has always been a segment of the VN fanbase that complained when choices didn't seem to do much.  But it's still around.

On 5/3/2016 at 7:00 AM, FinalChaos said:

Well Cross Channel is kinda like that. 

It's kinda hard to explain without spoilers, as CC does have a bit weird route system.

You should probably read it though as it is a great vn. If you do try it, keep away from any and all spoilers.

I dont think cross channel counts, it's a linear vn so your choices won't change the story outcome the most they can do is get you on some... well I can't use spoilers but i'm sure you already know what i'm saying :P 

7 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

I dont think cross channel counts, it's a linear vn so your choices won't change the story outcome the most they can do is get you on some... well I can't use spoilers but i'm sure you already know what i'm saying :P 

Yeah I do know it, but well the effect of your choices do show up later and not immediately which was one of the things asked so I mentioned it.