Angel beats visual novel (Question)

Dark_blade64

I never watched the whole anime but I've been wondering how long is the first volume? How is the visual novel structured considering is supposed to be 20 routes or so, does it that mean the later volumes will continue the story or will it add new content to the already 10 episodes this game covers from the anime and will previous choices from the first volume affect what happens to the other volumes? I heard the volumes were supposed to come 6 months after each one was released, is it there any actual news about the second volume or anything about it when is going to be releasing? :lol:

I still haven't finished it because I got kinda bored of it, but it's pretty long and convers a decent portion of the story from the people I've talked to about it. I'd say you'll at least get more than 20-30 hours of story if you read everything. 

But it only covers 3 character routes, then you have what's called the "Next Beat" route which I guess is a segway for the next volume. The rest is just collecting all the CGs and extras, which granted take some time too. I don't know how they plan on connecting things to the next volume since they cover such a large part of the original story.

One of the reasons I got bored is because the story was so similar to the anime, but since it covers so much from the anime, hopefully the next volumes will be more original.

As for next volume annoucements, no information has come out so far.

58 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

I still haven't finished it because I got kinda bored of it, but it's pretty long and convers a decent portion of the story from the people I've talked to about it. I'd say you'll at least get more than 20-30 hours of story if you read everything. 

But it only covers 3 character routes, then you have what's called the "Next Beat" route which I guess is a segway for the next volume. The rest is just collecting all the CGs and extras, which granted take some time too. I don't know how they plan on connecting things to the next volume since they cover such a large part of the original story.

One of the reasons I got bored is because the story was so similar to the anime, but since it covers so much from the anime, hopefully the next volumes will be more original.

Great, i was looking for some info about it myself...Luckeeh for me someone made a thread about it :illya:

2 hours ago, Nosebleed said:

The vn repeating a lot of what happened in the anime has put me off playing it honestly. Although I liked the anime a lot. I don't really have the patience to re-watch/read scenes I've already seen in the anime.

I am hoping if/when the 2nd beat will come out it will be more original content. And someone will describe a summary of the first beat or something so you know what new happened in the first beat.

Totally agree, I was saddened that even the routes themselves were essentially just a rehash of the story from the anime, which kind of destroyed the mystery/drama.

Initially when I played the demo I had high hopes for it since I saw so many choices, which could mean this game lets you do tons of things, and in a way it does, but ultimately the story is the same and in visual novel format it feels reallyyyy dragged out.

15 hours ago, Nosebleed said:

Thanks for answering my question.