Hello!

Joshyan

Hi everybody. My name is Joshyan (not my real name, more like my online code name).

I lurk around this forums for quite a while and found out this is a nice community, so I join up.

Well, I signed up as translator too. :D

Nice to meet you all. :rolleyes:

I'm not native english speaker so sorry for my bad english. :P

Welcome to the forums! Have you played many VNs? If so, which is your favorite?

Well, I play almost 6 year for now. :D

My favorite VNs are Kanon, Clannad, Little Buster, Rewrite (You can call me Key's fanboy :D ), Ever 17 and a lot more, Mostly romantic-comedy and drama but not dark theme and yuri/yaoi.

And I'm skill enough to play VNs in japan. :D

If you ask how many VNs I played, My answer is "I lost the count." :P

Welcome Joshyan

Wow so you're skilled enough to play VN in Japanese?!

Would you like to teach me a little Japanese xD

It's nice to meet another Key's fanboy here, i hope we will get along well

When you feel bored and there's nothing to do, feel free to join the IRC

Well, I use TA with Mecab addon. It make the translation easier and understandable when use with machine translator but you need some basic skill to understand them.

Japan basic characters (hirakana) are only 46 character.

The Japan langauge structure is different than english.

English : S + V + O

Japan : S + O + V with some indicator such as は(read "wa" but write as "ha" indicate subject of sentence) and を(read "o" indicate object of sentence)

Mecab help me find this kanji is read as. Easier to find the meaning in handheld kanji dictionary

(which more than 3000 kanji character) :lol:

But 200 kanji is enough for daily life, 1000+ is for japan newspaper/novel, 3000 is for master degree :D

Hope this help :P

Compare to my native langauge, Japan is easier to learn the basic.

Welcome aboard!

...Wait you can read Japanese? Sugoi!

I bet there is always need for translators so Its a good thing that you signed up.

Also...could someone tell me why does everyone apologise for their english when its not even that bad? and Kendgin...its seems that its always cake time for you...yet you never gave me one....not even a slice ='(

Awesome! Welcome!

If you don't mind me asking, how many (and which, if you don't mind sharing) languages do you speak?

My main langauge is Thai. But I learn english and japan too.

Welcome aboard!

...Wait you can read Japanese? Sugoi!

I bet there is always need for translators so Its a good thing that you signed up.

Also...could someone tell me why does everyone apologise for their english when its not even that bad? and Kendgin...its seems that its always cake time for you...yet you never gave me one....not even a slice ='(

Maybe thay not confident with their english skill. It usually happen in country that didn't use english as main langauge.

Maybe thay not confident with their english skill. It usually happen in country that didn't use english as main langauge.

Oh, I know about that friend, english isnt my native language either, but you dont need to apologise for it, just do your best, there is no shame in making mistakes, everyone here will understand, im sure of it.

Hi Joshyan, nice to meet you!

It's always good to have more translators around :D/>

Do you translate into English or Thai?

English.

Well, my country has very large community but still small when compare with english user community.

It seem waste of time to translate in to some language that only few people can enjoy.

And my translation process is Japan > English > Thai.

Oh, I know about that friend, english isnt my native language either, but you dont need to apologise for it, just do your best, there is no shame in making mistakes, everyone here will understand, im sure of it.

My people usually fear to make some mistake when speak another langauge. My country's Education system make them think that ways, mostly. :(

English.

Well, my country has very large community but still small when compare with english user community.

It seem waste of time to translate in to some language that only few people can enjoy.

And my translation process is Japan > English > Thai.

My people usually fear to make some mistake when speak another langauge. My country's Education system make them think that ways, mostly. :(/>

ahh, I see, Im sure you can get over it, your english is just fine, and you also know Japanese, along with Thai! thats like...tottaly awesome!

ahh, I see, Im sure you can get over it, your english is just fine, and you also know Japanese, along with Thai! thats like...tottaly awesome!

My english skill is better than average. (Just score 910/990 in Toeic's listen and reading test)

My japan skill is just novice and still need dictionary and grammar book. (at least I know how to use them.) :mellow:

Hello there!

Welcome to Fuwanovel! Hope you enjoy it as much as i am enjoying!

Dude, Thai is more difficult than Jap? WTH :(

Well, speaking for myself, here(Brazil), if you say something wrong in portuguese, people correct you in a harsh way, or even curse you like "Go to school you dumbass". So, imagine this, i don't talk in english often, i don't write often, so...i could say that my english is bad =/

Welcome to Fuwa :).

So many people who apologize for their English. Don' worry. Visual novels help alot with the language.

My people usually fear to make some mistake when speak another langauge. My country's Education system make them think that ways, mostly.

School teaching systems suck (at least the language ones). I learned more English thanks to video games than an other language which I'm learning for years at school.

Well, speaking for myself, here(Brazil), if you say something wrong in portuguese, people correct you in a harsh way, or even curse you like "Go to school you dumbass". So, imagine this, i don't talk in english often, i don't write often, so...i could say that my english is bad =/

Well, not in my Brazil! XD

that doesnt happen here at least, unless we want to just make fun of it, we speak incorrectly all the time, but if the mistake is outrageous and seriously bad then of course we going to correct them by any means neccessary. Any.Means.Neccessary.

Unless you talking about the internet, where countless of other fellow Brazilians feel allmighty enough to punish every single grammar mistake for the sake of their Fuhrer.

Anyways, with that aside, I was just like you Rei-san, no pratice, minimal knowledge and stuck on an international server of a game I liked, so, what did i do? I started talking and correcting myself, you learn from experience so you cannot be afraid of mistakes, they are what teach you how to do it right.

Well, not in my Brazil! XD

that doesnt happen here at least, unless we want to just make fun of it, we speak incorrectly all the time, but if the mistake is outrageous and seriously bad then of course we going to correct them by any means neccessary. Any.Means.Neccessary.

Unless you talking about the internet, where countless of other fellow Brazilians feel allmighty enough to punish every single grammar mistake for the sake of their Fuhrer.

Anyways, with that aside, I was just like you Rei-san, no pratice, minimal knowledge and stuck on an international server of a game I liked, so, what did i do? I started talking and correcting myself, you learn from experience so you cannot be afraid of mistakes, they are what teach you how to do it right.

Ok, you got me there.

Well, IRL, yeap, lots of people want to correct others, but in the virtual world, it's such a pain in the...if you forget about a ~ people tell you to go back to kindergarten...

If you wanna see the dark side of people, go play League of Legends, seriously, worst community ever.

I played Atlantica Online, on international server, Delphi, and it was great, everyone was polite, at that time, i had some guts, and i thought, hell, let's try talking to these people, so i joined our guild ts and we had tons of fun. No one mocked me because of my english, but now...i fear for the worst. Most game communities are becomming battlefields, where peoplhe thrash talk everyday =/

Where do you live? City / State. If you don't wanna answer here, PVT me :P

Ok, you got me there.

Well, IRL, yeap, lots of people want to correct others, but in the virtual world, it's such a pain in the...if you forget about a ~ people tell you to go back to kindergarten...

If you wanna see the dark side of people, go play League of Legends, seriously, worst community ever.

I played Atlantica Online, on international server, Delphi, and it was great, everyone was polite, at that time, i had some guts, and i thought, hell, let's try talking to these people, so i joined our guild ts and we had tons of fun. No one mocked me because of my english, but now...i fear for the worst. Most game communities are becomming battlefields, where peoplhe thrash talk everyday =/

Where do you live? City / State. If you don't wanna answer here, PVT me :P/>

I did play LoL a few times, and I agree with you, those guys, they just...urgh...they are so full of themselves that its sad, I quited that game a long time ago, I dont plan on ever going back.

Yup, thats what happens when kids and immature people start taking over the gaming community, thats why I only stick with more serious, supportive and dedicated communities. This one was a rare find.