Catharsis NV for beginners, translated

6slyboy6

Hey guys! I am new to the site, and I found it after some searching for the translation of Innocent Bullet. It seemed like a great NV but sadly there is no translation. 

I haven't read much NVs but those I did I remember vividly. I only read NVs if they can make me cry, break my heart, or leave a huge impact on me. I usually pass up on things that are only for jokes and "bullshit" however some nice titles I do read. And those that are full serious, and have no emotions put into them, I avoid. So enough talk, I wanted to ask you amazing guys to give me a few names of Translated NVs that will make cry under the blanket with a bar of chocolate (but please no Stein's gate bullshit with you having to guess what happened)

Really thanks guys, appreciate it even now, before putting it up :D

You. I like you. Almost as much as I like getting absolutely wrecked by sad/feelsy things. 

Actually, no, that was a lie. Nothing can compare to that. :D 

Anyway, here are two more recommendations:

Planetarian ~Chiisana Hoshi no Yume~ -- Short, but has the potential to cut the legs right out from underneath you

Clannad -- My personal favorite (well, it holds the title of favorite with one other title, but I digress). Unlike the last one, it is extremely long and there is a lot more comedy than you might like. However, when it decides to pull out some soul crushing... it doesn't pull any punches.

Also, I am going to second nohman and Kawasumi on their recommendations, as those are also solid picks for that feeling of catharsis. Any others I have either don't fit the bill of having to guess things, or just aren't translated yet.

7 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

Unfortunately I don't recall a no-mystery drama VN I've read right now, but welcome to Fuwa!

Here, have a sad soundtrack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT167XU_7_s

Thank you very much! A mystery is not a problem, rather the fact that Stein's Gate sometimes started to point at things it never told, expecting you to sometimes know the basic rules quantum physics. No, seriously. Also let me respond with a beautiful song that is on par with this beauty, whilst not as sad, it is just as emotional:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=albc0nwppb8

It is great to see all you people being so kind here. Been kinda long since I was in a community that knew exactly what I feel. Or you know, has the same interest in emotional stuff. Happy to have found the page. 

Try Everlasting summer, u don t need to know quantum physics but it s a very mysterious novel. The fact that it s a mystery VN doesn t mean u have to be detective while playing it. It is very emotional novel (some endings maybe way too much). And it has the best soundtrack i ever heard in a game. Also it s free, so no problems with getting it. And also welxome to the forum!

20 minutes ago, 6slyboy6 said:

Thank you very much! A mystery is not a problem, rather the fact that Stein's Gate sometimes started to point at things it never told, expecting you to sometimes know the basic rules quantum physics. No, seriously. Also let me respond with a beautiful song that is on par with this beauty, whilst not as sad, it is just as emotional:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=albc0nwppb8

It is great to see all you people being so kind here. Been kinda long since I was in a community that knew exactly what I feel. Or you know, has the same interest in emotional stuff. Happy to have found the page. 

thanks! <3

Wondering if anyone read Innocent Bullet here? This is off the topic, but I would love to know if it is worth reading. (It is not translated)

Also thanks for the recomendations! I will surely last with them for a quite a while! Though after that it would be nice to have more sorrowing memories, so I appreciate every single VN :D

Symphonic Rain is a great recommendation - heavy on drama, light on comedy. Fits what you're asking for perfectly.

Additionally, given what you're looking for, I think most games by Key would be a good fit, except that they typically have long common routes with a lot of comedy, which it sounds like you will find annoying (notable exception being Vorathiel's suggestion of Planetarian, which is very short). That long common route is part of their formula, giving you time to bond with the characters over silly antics and everyday events. The Key magic comes in after that common route sets the stage: the story will rip your heart to shreds, and then gently put it back together.

So if that sounds like something you'd like, in spite of the initial, long, comedic common route, maybe give Little Busters! a try. I'm a huge fan of it. Although you might wait a bit on that one, since it is getting an official release later this year, with new content that hasn't ever been translated (even fan translated) before.

12 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

Symphonic Rain is a great recommendation - heavy on drama, light on comedy. Fits what you're asking for perfectly.

Additionally, given what you're looking for, I think most games by Key would be a good fit, except that they typically have long common routes with a lot of comedy, which it sounds like you will find annoying (notable exception being Vorathiel's suggestion of Planetarian, which is very short). That long common route is part of their formula, giving you time to bond with the characters over silly antics and everyday events. The Key magic comes in after that common route sets the stage: the story will rip your heart to shreds, and then gently put it back together.

So if that sounds like something you'd like, in spite of the initial, long, comedic common route, maybe give Little Busters! a try. I'm a huge fan of it. Although you might wait a bit on that one, since it is getting an official release later this year, with new content that hasn't ever been translated (even fan translated) before.

Thanks for the heads up! I have no problem with comedy in a VN actually. It is just that I feel like the only VNs that I remember have been all very moody, emotional, and filled with sorrow and loss. Those i remember. The one full with puns and comedy? No. But I will give it a try, and thanks again!