Highschool Possession review discussion

Tyrael

To be fair, I like Katawa Shoujo. And not just because you bang cripple girls.

Of course. Katawa Shoujo is not a perfect game, but it is a labour of love for sure. The story is engaging, has an okay protagonist (depends on the route I guess), the art is adorable and the music... A+

The best thing about KS for me personally were the H-scenes. They are very respectful towards the girls, which (in my experience) is a rarity for an eroge, even though it's an OELVN.

As far as OELVN's go, it's probably still the golden standard, along with Dysfunctional Systems and the like.

I'm not bashing on Katawa Shoujo. In fact I am grateful for it considering if I didn't know about it, I wouldn't even be here... It's one of those vns that still holds a dear place in my heart. 

Just pointing out the fact that visual novels having something unique and intriguing (like Katawa Shoujo's crippled girls) will definitely result in social media explosion, like Highschool Romance/Possession's terribad story/zombie-like personalities/low quality delivery. 

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Of course. Katawa Shoujo is not a perfect game, but it is a labour of love for sure. The story is engaging, has an okay protagonist (depends on the route I guess), the art is adorable and the music... A+

The best thing about KS for me personally were the H-scenes. They are very respectful towards the girls, which (in my experience) is a rarity for an eroge, even though it's an OELVN.

As far as OELVN's go, it's probably still the golden standard, along with Dysfunctional Systems and the like.

Not to mention one of the greatest anal scenes ever just due to sheer awkwardness and hilarity ensuing, as I'd expect most consensual first-time anal engagements to be like.

Completely agree with you, KS wasn't perfect but it sure was and is one of the better OELVN and i would've loved to see it's studio (Four Leaf) make more of them..as a plus for me I likved most of the routes and heroines granted some more than others but overall really enjoyed it and hope OELVN's get better and better

Not to mention one of the greatest anal scenes ever just due to sheer awkwardness and hilarity ensuing, as I'd expect most consensual first-time anal engagements to be like.

as someone who have tried this, I could relate so much to that scene, so yes, yes its very accurate :holo:

I'm not bashing on Katawa Shoujo. In fact I am grateful for it considering if I didn't know about it, I wouldn't even be here... It's one of those vns that still holds a dear place in my heart. 

Just pointing out the fact that visual novels having something unique and intriguing (like Katawa Shoujo's crippled girls) will definitely result in social media explosion, like Highschool Romance/Possession's terribad story/zombie-like personalities/low quality delivery. 

I'm sorry, I just don't see this one being the AJ Tilley VN that goes big.  In fact, I don't see any of them going big.  It's not as much weeb bait as Sakura Spirit was, and the art obviously isn't as good.  Remember, people on Steam seem to like ecchi, and lots of it, but any farther is for perverts  :makina: