[SPOILERS] So, I just watched the last episode of Euphoria, and am very confused about the ending

Mugi

Don't ask me why I watched it, or why I have been keeping up with it, because I don't know either. But I just watched the 5th and final episode, and am hoping for an explanation for the ending, mainly because I don't really have the time I want to devote to reading it. Anyways, what I do understand is that Kanae was behind the incident this whole time (this kind of came out of nowhere), and that she gives Kei the choice of killing her or killing Manaka. He doesn't want to kill either because he is a pussy, so the three other girls die, and then at the end of the episode he's fucking Manaka, and then breaks her neck (apparently killing her?), and then the screen cuts to black with Kanae (I think) saying "I hate to admit it, but you win, you can have him back". Then we get some sort of three year time skip, there's a tiny flashback showing Kanae dead on the ground, and then Kei is seen walking down the steps with this girl who looks like Manaka but doesn't know who he is, they have sex (because euphoria) and she says she doesn't know who he is, again, but that that's only something you do if you love someone, so they must be lovers. So what I don't understand is, who was she talking to when she was admitting defeat? Why wasn't Manaka dead? And why was there some random three year time skip inbetween all of this? And most importantly, why do I care so much?

Wow, this sounds like one disastrous adaptation, lol. I have no idea how to interpret this since I have never watched the anime and never will, but it sounds nothing like the VN's ending except in some really arbitrary ways.

Maan, I was expecting that to be the case :amane:

Oh well, hopefully someone will know how to interpret it

Ok so, wall of text incoming. There is probably a fair share of spelling mistakes in there, so bare with me.

Anyways, it does sound kind of like the VNs ending to be honest. Remember, the bet between Kanae and Nemu was: If Keisuke kills Nemu in the "game" (which is being controled by Kanae behind the scenes), then Nemu wins the bet and "can have him back". Keisuke was mortally wounded by a trap before the game started, forcing nemu to make a bet with Kanae. He does end up killing Nemu by breaking her neck after she continuosly pushes him, and thereby Nemu wins the bet. The three year time skip is because Kanae actually steals nemu from the research facility after Keisuke is released from the game, because she is a spy for a different company and she wants to continue to experiment on Nemu. During those 3 years, Aoi Natsuki and Keisuke tried to hunt down Kanae and eventually Kanae gave away her position due to being found by the company she stole Nemu from. She is killed, but she managed to hide nemu. She didnt want Nemu to fall into the companies hands, and decides to give in to the bet, and gives Nemu back to Keisuke. The thing where they have sex at the end doesn't happen in the VN, but thats most likely to show the relationship that Nemu and Keisuke actually has. Because the truth was that Nemu's evil acts in the game was just a facade she put on to win the bet by making Keisuke kill her. In reality, Nemu was the childhood friend that Keisuke loved and cherished, but his memories were tampered with by Kanae. In the end, Keisuke manages to take back Nemu and they ... "live happily ever after" I suppose.

As for the reason why everyone wanted Nemu, that is because she is "the next sleeping beauty." I don't know how much the anime goes into that, but to put it simple: She is an important research subject that can potentially make huge breakthroughs in science, and people like Kanae wants her so that they can continue that research. But, its not that simple, as the only way to truly make her capable of filling the role of "sleeping beauty," she must fall into a deep, deep despair that makes her not want to live. That is the reason Kanae agrees to the bet in the first place. She thinks that Nemu will break down from having to treat the love of her life so horribly, and she doesn't think that Keisuke will get to kill her before that happens.

The reason that Nemu doesnt know Keisuke at the end is that all the way at the end of the game, Keisuke actually did make Nemu fall into a deep despair by forcing her to accept the real world. She wanted to make an eden where the two of them could live together forever but Keisuke wouldn't accept that, and so her mind was essentially destroyed. But she still had "flesh memories" of all the things that Keisuke taught her and showed her, and instead of telling that long tale they can just say "Oh they love each other so they have sex" in the anime.

Ugh ... hope that clearifies some of your questions at least. I realize it might be confusing as all hell, and to be honest, it is. The only way to turly get what is going on is by reading the novel.

Ok so, wall of text incoming. There is probably a fair share of spelling mistakes in there, so bare with me.

Anyways, it does sound kind of like the VNs ending to be honest. Remember, the bet between Kanae and Nemu was: If Keisuke kills Nemu in the "game" (which is being controled by Kanae behind the scenes), then Nemu wins the bet and "can have him back". Keisuke was mortally wounded by a trap before the game started, forcing nemu to make a bet with Kanae. He does end up killing Nemu by breaking her neck after she continuosly pushes him, and thereby Nemu wins the bet. The three year time skip is because Kanae actually steals nemu from the research facility after Keisuke is released from the game, because she is a spy for a different company and she wants to continue to experiment on Nemu. During those 3 years, Aoi Natsuki and Keisuke tried to hunt down Kanae and eventually Kanae gave away her position due to being found by the company she stole Nemu from. She is killed, but she managed to hide nemu. She didnt want Nemu to fall into the companies hands, and decides to give in to the bet, and gives Nemu back to Keisuke. The thing where they have sex at the end doesn't happen in the VN, but thats most likely to show the relationship that Nemu and Keisuke actually has. Because the truth was that Nemu's evil acts in the game was just a facade she put on to win the bet by making Keisuke kill her. In reality, Nemu was the childhood friend that Keisuke loved and cherished, but his memories were tampered with by Kanae. In the end, Keisuke manages to take back Nemu and they ... "live happily ever after" I suppose.

As for the reason why everyone wanted Nemu, that is because she is "the next sleeping beauty." I don't know how much the anime goes into that, but to put it simple: She is an important research subject that can potentially make huge breakthroughs in science, and people like Kanae wants her so that they can continue that research. But, its not that simple, as the only way to truly make her capable of filling the role of "sleeping beauty," she must fall into a deep, deep despair that makes her not want to live. That is the reason Kanae agrees to the bet in the first place. She thinks that Nemu will break down from having to treat the love of her life so horribly, and she doesn't think that Keisuke will get to kill her before that happens.

The reason that Nemu doesnt know Keisuke at the end is that all the way at the end of the game, Keisuke actually did make Nemu fall into a deep despair by forcing her to accept the real world. She wanted to make an eden where the two of them could live together forever but Keisuke wouldn't accept that, and so her mind was essentially destroyed. But she still had "flesh memories" of all the things that Keisuke taught her and showed her, and instead of telling that long tale they can just say "Oh they love each other so they have sex" in the anime.

Ugh ... hope that clearifies some of your questions at least. I realize it might be confusing as all hell, and to be honest, it is. The only way to turly get what is going on is by reading the novel.

All I could say...

latest?cb=20140310004650 

LOL

tl;dr, in the VN,

1. Hook up a special girl to a machine and you could hook up yourself and live in paradise

2. Nemu is the next chosen one to be the special girl

3. Special girl needs to lose all hope to become special

4. Evil girl Kanae schemes to make Nemu lose all hope by killing Nemu's childhood friend, Kei

5. Kei dies, Nemu loses all hope, begs Kanae to save/revive Kei

6. On a whim, Kanae accepts the bet: Kei will live if he kills Nemu

7. Nemu adopts Kanae's twisted personality while Kanae adopts Nemu's childhood friend personality, Kei memory altered to believe Kanae is his dear friend

8. Play out the events of the game where he has to bang a girl 5x, Nemu tries her best to piss him off throughout

9. Nemu even became the dictator evil ruler of the school, all for the sake of plz kill me so u can live, i did all of these evil things for you brah

10. Kei ultimately kills Nemu, supposedly 7-10 occurred in Virtual Reality though, who knows, his memory was altered waaay to much to tell,  but yeah so Kanae lost the bet and Kei is saved

11. Kanae is spy from another organization and kidnaps Nemu so they can do more research on her

12. 3 year time skip?? Kei & Natsuki track them down, Kanae dead, Nemu alive, let's bang!!(he just finds her in the VN and it ends, no H :P )

Good god, it's a lot more complicated than I thought

LOL

tl;dr, in the VN,

11. 3 year time skip?? Kanae dead, Nemu alive, let's bang!!(he just finds her in the VN and it ends, no H :P )

Sounds like it makes just as little sense in the VN :amane: 

Good god, it's a lot more complicated than I thought

LOL

tl;dr, in the VN,

11. 3 year time skip?? Kanae dead, Nemu alive, let's bang!!(he just finds her in the VN and it ends, no H :P )

Sounds like it makes just as little sense in the VN :amane: 

It actually makes perfect sense in the VN. Its very well written actually. Though explaining it to someone who hasnt read it is a siprisingly difficult task. 

I am terribly sorry for causing everyone's brains to melt from my "amazing" summary xD

• 5 years later...
1 hour ago, idontknowwhatishouldwrite said:

i finished all 6 episodes but i dont get it..

nemu died from snapped neck right? but then at the end you see nemu acting like a child fucking im so confused. and what is with kanae dead shot and 3 year gap

This is necropost to the extreme, but I guess this topic is an evergreen... Anyway, as much as I heard, the anime is a jumbled mess of scenes from different routes. In the VN, the things you just described belong to different timelines/follow different set of choices. It will likely only make some, limited amount of sense if you complete the VN and know all the context the anime skipped on to pack as many h-scenes as possible.

Edit: Although on second though, these might all fit the true route, with the right interpretation/considering the mind altering technology the VN hints at in several places... But again, explaining the anime is kind of pointless. The overall plot is pretty complex (and convoluted) and even after fully completing the game I wasn't sure I understood it 100%, so I can only imagine how incomprehensible it gets after shortening it to this degree. Experiencing the source material by yourself is really the best way to go about it and the VN has some excellent moments that makes it all worth it even if you don't fully enjoy the extreme h-content.