Looking for some newer romance VN

Mr. Wolf

Hi, i'm looking for some newer romance VN, released between 2009-now

something light with good artstyle, i prefer VN like Majikoi, Walkure Romanze, Koirizo.

I don't really care whether it's translated or not, but don't give me VN with difficult kanji, my japanese isn't that good yet....

Edited by Mr. Wolf

Just in case you hadn't already seen it, check out my beginner's thread: http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/3493-for-love-of-vns-for-beginners/

Personally... even though it is a bit older, you might go ahead and try Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashi no, because it is what Koiriso was trying to do.  Noble Works is also a good choice, as is Real Imouto.

Just in case you hadn't already seen it, check out my beginner's thread: http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/3493-for-love-of-vns-for-beginners/

Personally... even though it is a bit older, you might go ahead and try Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashi no, because it is what Koiriso was trying to do.  Noble Works is also a good choice, as is Real Imouto.

Saw your thread!! I will go play most of them, great list, thank you!!

No problem... also, if you want a crash course in some of the concepts of Japanese gods, along with a lot of moe romance and a good story, Lovekami is a good choice.  Pulltop's VNs in general are pretty easy, lol.

Thank you again!! I always like Japanese mythology, or any mythology in general, definitely gonna put it into my list..

One of the funny things about the concept of a Japanese 'god' (as defined by Shinto) is that it can apply to the concept of the Abrahamic God, but the concept of the Abrahamic God as we understand it is completely alien to Shinto Japanese.  It is one of a number of concepts that just don't cross the language barrier, lol.

This has always looked really interesting to me https://vndb.org/v9208

Course I can't read Japanese at all so I can't really tell you anything about the reading difficulty.

That one's a horror/chuuni so the difficulty level is actually pretty high...

Interesting, I would not have guessed it was a horror just from the VNDB page.

Is it sort of like Higurashi?  That's the impression I get when reading the description while looking for horror themes. 

No, the Higurashi style is pretty much confined to psp and other handheld-console VNs and even that fad died out years ago... only Ryuukishi writes that type of thing anymore, though the Secret Game (Killer Queen) series is similar in some ways.  It is more of a fantasy horror.

Just had to jump in here and say thanks so much for this thread! Been looking for some novels that aren't too difficult to read. I'll be sure to check some out after I finish my current untranslated project.

(Kazami Yuuji scarred me for life when I wasted countless hours getting through Meiykuu and Rakuen untranslated ... )

• 3 weeks later...

All talk about Japanese VN's ... but why??

Why don t u try other country? If u feel like u want different VN then try Everlasting summer. I said different because it s actually russian novel (translated ofc). It s free, so if u won t like it, u won t regret anything. It s long enough, in my opinion it s one of most emotional VN's i know. Emotional because u will have so many feelings about it. It s 18+ novel, but steam has censored it, however the devs offer a hentai patch...

I recommend this everywhere, and i will keep doing that. Why? Because it s really unknown one, because the known ones u probably know or someone recommended them already. Anyone should give it a try.