Next Heart-Warming VN

TheGuy21

I'm gonna throw in KiraKira. The main characters decide to make a punk band as a farewell to their disbanding school club. Hilarity ensues. No one is disabled but it does have a sickly girl if that is your thing. It has several effective emotional moments, both sad and happy and it left me feeling good. Also has an unlockable true ending which is always a plus in my book.

I recommend Kanon and Remember 11 since both have good endings and sad part.

Both have the old styles of drawing, but look promising. Remember 11 is...well, there's one pic in google that looks like the girl is--being possessed(?) hahaha would not play if it's horror

It does have eerie parts, but mostly it's science fiction or survival.

I'm gonna say G-Senjou no Maou and Muv-Luv. They're both good and pretty high up there on the popularity scale for a reason.

Ah i'll add this, Muv-Luv is heart-breaking and heart-warming at the same time, but do expect tears. G-Senjou no Maou is, really, really heartwarming.

Hory shet. Muv-Luv looks like gundam shiz. Amazing! I'mma play that. Cool, thanks for the recommend.

Its my favorite visual novel so I hope you enjoy it, just remember to read it in order, as in the original Muv-Luv first and then Alternative. The original consists of two visual novels in one, the first one is called Extra and the second Unlimited, read them in order for maximum feels, tears, blood, sweat and especially pain.

If you decide on clannad you may as well wait for the official release. The translation on the fan project is awful in places.

Oh, thanks or the advice man. When is the release?

not actually known yet, but it can't be more than 3 weeks now

Cool. I think they should put more and better VNs on Android and IOS especially.

I will add in Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort that was released recently. 

Ohhhh!! I like it. The art is very much similar to IMHHW, looks nice at the same time...those Katawa type "intimate" moments look like it's present >:3

Thanks, will definitely play this.

I'm gonna throw in KiraKira. The main characters decide to make a punk band as a farewell to their disbanding school club. Hilarity ensues. No one is disabled but it does have a sickly girl if that is your thing. It has several effective emotional moments, both sad and happy and it left me feeling good. Also has an unlockable true ending which is always a plus in my book.

Oh nice! You had me at "unlockable true ending." I love games with a third ending to the already bad/good ending. Story seems cool enough to get my attention. Thanks

I'm gonna say G-Senjou no Maou and Muv-Luv. They're both good and pretty high up there on the popularity scale for a reason.

Ah i'll add this, Muv-Luv is heart-breaking and heart-warming at the same time, but do expect tears. G-Senjou no Maou is, really, really heartwarming.

Hory shet. Muv-Luv looks like gundam shiz. Amazing! I'mma play that. Cool, thanks for the recommend.

Its my favorite visual novel so I hope you enjoy it, just remember to read it in order, as in the original Muv-Luv first and then Alternative. The original consists of two visual novels in one, the first one is called Extra and the second Unlimited, read them in order for maximum feels, tears, blood, sweat and especially pain.

Awesome! Thanks for the heads-up. Btw...by "blood", you mean metaphorically or at least not THAT gory for a VN, right? Since I don't really like those types in my VN--still, looks promising!

I recommend Kanon and Remember 11 since both have good endings and sad part.

Both have the old styles of drawing, but look promising. Remember 11 is...well, there's one pic in google that looks like the girl is--being possessed(?) hahaha would not play if it's horror

It does have eerie parts, but mostly it's science fiction or survival.

I'll take your word for it that it's not overly creepy.

How is it that no one mentioned Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo yet? Absolute masterpiece, will make you cry rivers of tears, fantastic plot, fantastic characters (the protagonist and the villain are two of my favorites ever). 

Ohhh! Wow, it looks amazing! I'll be definitely playing this. Thanks for the recommend.

Awesome! Thanks for the heads-up. Btw...by "blood", you mean metaphorically or at least not THAT gory for a VN, right? Since I don't really like those types in my VN--still, looks promising!

Theres no gore, you'll be the one sweating blood by the end of it.

Stein's;Gate and say goodbye to your week once you start playing it. 

Other recommendations: Clannad, Rewrite, Little Busters, Sharin no Kuni, Ever17, Grisaia no Kajitsu, Symphonic Rain, Da Capo, Kanon

Gate looks...grim, and gritty. That isn't my cup of tea most with VNs. Sharin looks promising, as well as Ever17. Symphonic is on the premise of...kids? Interesting.

HOWEVER!!! YOU HAVE MY ATTENTION WITH--Grisaia no Kajitsu. You know what I mean >:3 it has the Sakura Swim Club style plus IMHHW that has me so interested in the art style. Good job for the recommend bruh! I. LOVE. IT.

Theres no gore, you'll be the one sweating blood by the end of it.

Ohh interesting. Seems like I'm gonna enjoy it.

Grisaia and Sharin no Kuni are very similar in a way: badass protagonist helping girls with troubles. Grisaia is a very good title, but Sharin no Kuni is on a different level. Simply a must-play.

Grisaia has better comedy though, and is probably easier to find. Anyway, you're surely gonna enjoy both :)

I see somebody mentioned MuvLuv Alternative. That is probably the best visual novel ever written, but I wouldn't consider it heartwarming. More like an emotional fist thrown where it hurts more. It was just kickstarted for an official english release though, so my suggestion is that you wait for that ;)

Edited by Overlord87

Grisaia and Sharin no Kuni are very similar in a way: badass protagonist helping girls with troubles. Grisaia is a very good title, but Sharin no Kuni is on a different level. Simply a must-play.

Grisaia has better comedy though, and is probably easier to find. Anyway, you're surely gonna enjoy both :)

I see somebody mentioned MuvLuv Alternative. That is probably the best visual novel ever written, but I wouldn't consider it heartwarming. More like an emotional fist thrown where it hurts more. It was just kickstarted for an official english release though, so my suggestion is that you wait for that ;)

Sharin and its fan-disc are definitely amazing.

Muv-Luv has a lot of heart-warming moments, I can think of 5 off the top of my head, but yea its an emotional roller coaster, the best kind.

Ah, also it doesn't matter if you wait for the release or not, the translation on it is good and I don't see it getting any better.

Edited by Godskrieg

Stein's;Gate and say goodbye to your week once you start playing it. 

Other recommendations: Clannad, Rewrite, Little Busters, Sharin no Kuni, Ever17, Grisaia no Kajitsu, Symphonic Rain, Da Capo, Kanon

Gate looks...grim, and gritty. That isn't my cup of tea most with VNs. Sharin looks promising, as well as Ever17. Symphonic is on the premise of...kids? Interesting.

HOWEVER!!! YOU HAVE MY ATTENTION WITH--Grisaia no Kajitsu. You know what I mean >:3 it has the Sakura Swim Club style plus IMHHW that has me so interested in the art style. Good job for the recommend bruh! I. LOVE. IT.

I wouldnt toss Stein's;Gate aside from first impressions. It is quite captivating and if you like sci-fi like Star Trek, Doctor Who or Quantum Leap, this is easily a must read as it pertains a lot with the concept of time travel. Time travel is common in animes/vns but Stein's;Gate is easily THE BEST vn/anime that ever pulled it off.... in history.... of all time! There's also a reason why it's #2 in My Anime List for several years now. 

It may have the "1st hour is boring" syndrome but when it picks up, you'll sleep 3-4 hours less than your typical bedtime hours because it gets quite an addicting read. 

Edited by CeruleanGamer

I'm DEFINITELY playing Grisaia! I only need to find a download link for the eng patch...unless it's not free. Sharin no Kuni is a bit..peculiar, but looks nonetheless interesting.