Android Event Tomorrow (Tues 9/29)

Tay

Google is hosting a big show tomorrow about the state of Android, new nexus devices, Android M (the next iteration of the android operating system), and, more likely than not, a few surprise topics. If you're interested in this sort of thing, here are links to liveblogs you can follow tomorrow, and a speculative article or two you can read tonight.

The Event will take place (tomorrow) on Tuesday 29 September 2015 at 12 PM EST / 9 AM PT

Liveblogs to follow tomorrow:

Android Central: Liveblog

Ars Technica: Liveblog

CNET: Liveblog

Watch the Event:

Youtube Stream: Link

Speculative Articles You Can Read Right Now:

Android Central: Nexus 6P and 5X preview: What to expect from Google's September 29 event

Ars Technica: Last-minute Nexus rumors: $379 for the 5X, $499 for the 6P

Fortune: What you should expect at Google's Sept. 29 event

Funny because I'm actually switching back to iOS after 2 years of this piece of shit Android phone. 

well i save over $300 with android and i can do the same thing with it. if there's no IOS app game, extensions, utility, book or wallpaper for android then it will came out soon or someone will build it to the code.

well i save over $300 with android and i can do the same thing with it. if there's no IOS app game, extensions, utility, book or wallpaper for android then it will came out soon or someone will build it to the code.

Good for you. Its almost like I'm an adult though and capable of making my own shitty decisions without needing help. 

My phone hatred is more directed at the phone itself and less at Android in general. I don't do all that much on my phone, so in a sense, iOS vs. Android is similar to PC vs. Console gaming. PC I can customize and do whatever I want with like Android but not everything will work. Consoles are closed but shit will work unless the game dev drops the ball, ie. iOS. In this case, I want my shit to work all the time and not have to fiddle with my phone.

I am interested to see what Google does though since competition is good for consumers. 

I'm being forced to upgrade, against my will, under extreme duress :(

Telstra are no longer supporting the 2G network, and it's being shut down in December. I suppose it's a good time to upgrade, the screen on my flip-top is being held on by sticky tape, and the batter is being held IN with sticky tape, but it's been soldiering on and doing a job for ... it must be at least 6 years now. It'll be sad to let the old thing go.

Now, what's this Android thingy everybody's talking about and more importantly, can you eat it?

Good for you. Its almost like I'm an adult though and capable of making my own shitty decisions without needing help. 

My phone hatred is more directed at the phone itself and less at Android in general. I don't do all that much on my phone, so in a sense, iOS vs. Android is similar to PC vs. Console gaming. PC I can customize and do whatever I want with like Android but not everything will work. Consoles are closed but shit will work unless the game dev drops the ball, ie. iOS. In this case, I want my shit to work all the time and not have to fiddle with my phone.

I am interested to see what Google does though since competition is good for consumers. 

That's nice. I am a guy using my phone for occasional SMS and calls. My iPhone 4 is really stable with 4 years without a single problem or broken thing. I am too cheap to buy new phones anyway. 600 - 700 Euros for a phone is ridiculous. I felt I robbed my company when I ordered a work phone. I am that cheap.