Fuwanovel Fight Club

Mugi

Can confirm, there's, like, 577 hits.  Not even joking.

Skullgirls is really hard :michiru:  I'm used to having at least a few seconds to combo, buuuut nope, I guess that's too much.  I even rage quit some of the training levels  xD

I'll add you too, then. I guess I need to change it to something less used q.q

And Skullgirls seems pretty forgiving with the speed of the combos, at least compared to Street Fighter where I have to do with like 1-2 frame links and combos on an Xbox controller. I really need to get a stick :michiru:

And Skullgirls seems pretty forgiving with the speed of the combos, at least compared to Street Fighter where I have to do with like 1-2 frame links and combos on an Xbox controller. I really need to get a stick :michiru:

mfw xbox controller >.> I don't know how people use those to play fighting games or platformers the D pad is awful.

mfw xbox controller >.> I don't know how people use those to play fighting games or platformers the D pad is awful.

I use the joystick, which imo is probably worse. I always end up doing dp's when I try to do fireballs, and doing half circle moves are like impossible, especially with something like Oni's U2 or Ibuki's U1 which require two half circles. I cry everytime q.q

Back when i still played on the 360 i used to use the xbox controller for fighting games. It was really bad. The feel of the buttons, the joy stick and pad are just so awful for fighting games, at least for me. It took a lot of work just to be able to do DP > FADC > Metsu Hadoken with Ryu. I finally bought an arcade stick after a while and it made things so much easier after getting used to it.

I think the biggest thing is that the joystick doesn't have any tension, or the clicking that most sticks have. So if you're accidentally doing dp's or something you're not meaning to do it's much harder to fix it. I honestly haven't played on stick before, so i could be completely wrong and might just be terrible, but it just looks like it'd feel right. I have no idea what kind of stick I would buy though

I think the biggest thing is that the joystick doesn't have any tension, or the clicking that most sticks have. So if you're accidentally doing dp's or something you're not meaning to do it's much harder to fix it. I honestly haven't played on stick before, so i could be completely wrong and might just be terrible, but it just looks like it'd feel right. I have no idea what kind of stick I would buy though

Quamba, Hori, Razer, and Mad Catz are all good companies to buy from. 

Mad Catz "just" released the TE2 for next gen and PC, really good stick.

Hori RAP Hyabusa v5 is a really good stick as well. 

Razer only makes one to my knowledge. I have never used it so I can't personally vouch for it but I hear it's good.

Quamba, I know next to nothing about. I see players who have them and like them so you will have to do your research on this one.

Well, bugger.  I have to use either the Xbox 360 controller or M&K, and I don't particularly want to shell out for a joystick.

Anyone got any tips for Skullgirls?  I can't even beat Marie on easy  Dx

Skullgirls is a pretty beginner friendly fighting game. Play around in the training room with all the characters until you find someone who feels right. After that look up bnb combos and his/her advantages/disadvantages. Read the footsies guide located on the original topic post as well if you don't know what footsies are. I believe them to be invaluable no matter what fighting game you are playing. You will learn match ups and how to play them with experience.

Well, bugger.  I have to use either the Xbox 360 controller or M&K, and I don't particularly want to shell out for a joystick.

Play the tutorial until you get down the basics, pick a characters, or more than one if you're going for teams. Get their bmb combos down pat, and practice practice practice. Fighting games are all about practice and time.

Keep trying. You'll get the hang of it eventually. That is what fighting games are about, you suck at first but you eventually get better with practice. Stick with one or 2 characters that you like and learn everything that you can with them. Good luck  :upupu:

Thanks for the help.  The only fighting game I seriously played was Soul Calibur IV, and apparently that was really damn easy, because Skullgirls is much, much harder than any part of that game ever was :amane:

3D and 2/2.5D fighters are much different from 3D. Just keep going at it :)

Thanks for the help.  The only fighting game I seriously played was Soul Calibur IV, and apparently that was really damn easy, because Skullgirls is much, much harder than any part of that game ever was :amane:

Soul Calibur isn't exactly easy on a competitive level, but yeah it's easy for casuals, just like Smash. Fighting games are quite difficult to get into. Shout out to Skullgirls' tutorial system, best tutorial mode since Blazblue CS

For anyone who wants MK X, I just bought it from Kinguin for 23$. I was always skeptical on these discounted steam code sites, but I saw Cowsep was sponsored by them and checked it out, can confirm it's legit if anyone wants it,

For anyone who wants MK X, I just bought it from Kinguin for 23$. I was always skeptical on these discounted steam code sites, but I saw Cowsep was sponsored by them and checked it out, can confirm it's legit if anyone wants it,

To bad it's for PC :/ I have also bought from them before no problems.

To bad it's for PC :/ I have also bought from them before no problems.

Hoping that my copy works alright, there was also a patch yesterday. Pretty sure the problems are only for certain people. Regardless, it's 23$ for a 90$ title, as long as they fix it at some point it will be worth.

Its because Kinguin doesn't actually sell anything, they are a broker for other sites, so if you happen to get a key from a seller who perhaps got them in a bad way, it might not work. Its why they do that annoying shield thing, means if it doesn't work, you can get them to give you another code. Think they charge about 5% on top for it though.

Its because Kinguin doesn't actually sell anything, they are a broker for other sites, so if you happen to get a key from a seller who perhaps got them in a bad way, it might not work. Its why they do that annoying shield thing, means if it doesn't work, you can get them to give you another code. Think they charge about 5% on top for it though.

Yeah it was like .75, which is nothing if it ensures I get a working copy. I'll have to buy from them again sometime.

Is it worth me getting MKX? It looks interesting.

Getting it on PC is a bit of gamble, it could work just fine or it might be terribad until they put out more patches. The game itself is great imo, just like most other MK games, plus it has Jason, and it's going to soon have Predator.