Need something on the double

Dark Ariel7

Is that even a phrase do people actually say "on the double"? Wait. No. That's not the point here. Im looking for something interesting and in english. I dont want anything too heavy but I dont want it to be ALL funny jokes and moe. As for my tastes... Well I guess Ill just list a few that Ive read and my comments.

Majikoi. It was super awesome. Without a doubt my favorite so far. Same for all of its series. Great MC. Funny moments. Minor drama to move the plot. It never got too heavy though. It was always just right. Ive read it all. Even the A series. 

Jun'ai road. Was also pretty good but I got spoiled so I stopped halfway. Damn you spoilers!

School Days. I hated makoto. I hated him soo much. I have yet to finish but dammit I hate him. It was pretty interesting though. Well, until the sex came out of nowhere and kind of ruined it.

Wank To kurasou. My first VN. I liked it and it was my gateway but it was not my favorite or anything.

Grisaia no Kajitsu. Pretty great stuff. I really love but it loses some points in my books just because of how heavy it gets. I love it though and its obviously that kind of VN so Im no complaining. Im still reading this one.

Fate Stay Night. Do I even really need to say anything? I mean its Fate. I did not read Sakura though. Tehe. Xb

Dracu riot. It was pretty great but not all translated.

Yume Miru Kusuri. I dropped it because no little sister route. I just fell in love with her and could not let that be.

Bonus points for Harem. Loli. and a great MC. Though Im fine with the MC as long as its not that bad. (Looking at you Makoto.)

Fate Stay Night (Heavens feel)- GO BACK AND READ HER ROUTE NOW LIKE A GOOD BOY!!!!!

Cou- Probably has my favorite loli of all-time. Might be too dark for your taste, there is a good amount of death and emoness to go around.

Sharin no Kuni - Morita Kenichi is a favorite protagonist around these parts. Kinda similar to Grisaia, in that the protagonist helps the heroines with their emotional issues...... except well, it's literally his job. There is a "harem" route, in the loosest definition of the term, but it's basically a cg with the characters together and a few lines of dialogue at the end.

Forgot to mention Cou. It was a little too chuuni for me. I gave up after a few minutes in. I probably gave it like 30 minutes or so.

Not sure why but Sharin is just not drawing my interest. Its weird it doesnt look bad or anything. Its just not making me want to read it. 

Looks good. I just have two question and one moan. Why does the MC say bisexual? AND. Why is sonico listed in the characters? My moan is.. Buuuut the art looks sooo much like school Daaays. The Mc even kind of looks like Makoto...

Looks good though. Its going into the download pile. IS WHAT YOU THOUGHT I WOULD SAY!?! God dammit. Who wants to read another novel with makoto in it.

Is what I said but most likely I will download it... Alright Im already downloading it.

Forgot to mention Cou. It was a little too chuuni for me. I gave up after a few minutes in. I probably gave it like 30 minutes or so.

Not sure why but Sharin is just not drawing my interest. Its weird it doesnt look bad or anything. Its just not making me want to read it. 

..... and Majikoi was fine with all their "special" moves and whatnot? I kid, but boy are you picky hmmmmmm, Ayakashibito would probably be too chuuni for you, if you havn't read MuvLuv yet you are probably actively avoiding it, Daibanchou's gameplay is a bit headache inducing and has a bit too much rape for a recommendation (and chunni), yeah I got nothing.

Kinda funny now that I think about it, most vns are either light hearted and full of moe, dark as hell and filled with emo, and the ones that balance the two are full of chunni. (At least with english translated vns that are not nukige)

Ayakashibito is considerably less chuuni than Comyu, TBH.  They're still somewhat chuuni but it's balanced out much more well than in comyu.  The guidelines are a bit too general for me to find anything spot-on that fits them, but I think Ayakashibito is at least worth consideration.  Not worth throwing off right out the gate.

Yeah.. I got a pretty bad reputation for being picky with anyone that knows me. Its not chuuni per say that I have a problem with. Its more specifically heavy sci fi and darker themes. I love fantasy and all the chuuni that comes with that.

Seems Ayakashibito might be a good fit then, actually. 

Ayakashibito is looking pretty good. It goes into the pile. On a related note, is shiny days translated?  Nvm, found that it is. I hope Im downloading the one with the patch already on.

I dont know I dont think Im THAT vague though. I like comedy. H scenes, action, lolis, harem, fantasy. Dont like dark themes. Heavy sci fi. Hate, rape, NTR and that one weird thing where you put your thingy into a live wound.

What the heck?! What am I supposed to do until then?! 

You're supposed to preorder and eagerly anticipate its release.

You were just messing with me from the very start. Why you little...!

It's too early to feel trolled.  I bet you haven't even checked my signature yet.

Ayakashibito is a good choice, if you want a sampling of what Propeller can do.

Edit: Propeller tends to go for fairly straightforward themes, and as a result, they feel a lot different from Akatsuki Works' cynicism.

Read your post on censorship. I cant find any fault with it. It makes perfect sense. I am actually loving the company simply because they chose not to abandon lolicons. I love official unofficial stances. 

Im getting a little antsy here. Is summer days also not translated?

JAST is really bending over backwards for its customers.  I appreciate that.  We need to support games like this so they keep censoring games with objectionable content instead of not licensing them at all.  I'm a huge fan of the Days series so I really want the title to succeed.  Who knows, maybe if Shiny Days does well in the West Overflow will get back into game development.

On the double is a valid and somewhat common english expression.

Hmmm, well... maybe Rewrite? There's quite a bit of comedy, some routes are heavier than others (akane, jfc), but it's not as dark as something like Comyu. It sometimes feels like it's caught between trying to be an action chuuni game and a Key nakige at the same time and it certainly never captures the best either world, but it's pretty entertaining overall, imo.

Cross Channel, perhaps? It's funny, and also at times serious. It constantly switches between serious and funny at the drop of a hat, yet somehow is paced reasonably well so it never feels overwhelming.

A lot of moege feel like half-assed nakige when it gets down to it, where they try to induce emotion but never get particularly heavy. This is often a bad thing but if you're looking for something light, that could be something you may appreciate. The english selection of moege right now is pretty poor, unfortunately. Decent ones in english may include Konosora/If My Heart Had Wings (but ugh, that translation), Princess Evangile, Deardrops, Da Capo 2, and My Girlfriend is the President. Only the latter one is outright goofy/slapstick like the games you like best.

Cross Channel is a good option.  I hope that someday you will come to an understanding of the one true language significant enough to free you from the chains of the foul, lesser language also known as English.

*snickers at his own words*

I don't know much VN which seems to be your liking. All VNs I want to recommend is already listed.

Maybe you will like Shikoku no Sharnoth and Sekien no Inganock, a shame they have linear routes. How about trying some fighting like Battle Moon Wars or a little RPG/strategy Gadget Trial?

Jun'ai road. Was also pretty good but I got spoiled so I stopped halfway. Damn you spoilers!

Grisaia no Kajitsu. Pretty great stuff. I really love but it loses some points in my books just because of how heavy it gets. I love it

Fate Stay Night. Do I even really need to say anything? I mean its Fate. I did not read Sakura though. Tehe. Xb

It's not spoilers' fault. It's your own fault because you choose (whether intentionally or by chance) to be spoiled. By the way, I like Grisaia and FSN too.