VG Club: Castlevania: AoS Discussion

solidbatman

the game: it was kind of easy, just had to find better stuff and kill a boss to win the game.

map: very confusing, am only like 78% and if you want to go somewhere you have to bring a lot of potions to live.

story: i was confuse like the main character and hammer, why doesn't that guy just let us out!

Yes but did you kill

the actual last boss?

It usually is in Castlevania's case. I can only hope they come up with a good ending for once.

Unless you were just talking about the normal ending and not the true ending.

Nah, I equipped the right souls before fighting Graham so the game went on.  Went to the Chaos Realm and everything.  I was just kind of bummed because it felt, well, too easily resolved.  Everything was wrapped up nicely, with no real issues remaining, and it happened really fast on top of that.  Kinda felt like a cop out.  Ahh well, it was still a great game.

Nah, I equipped the right souls before fighting Graham so the game went on.  Went to the Chaos Realm and everything.  I was just kind of bummed because it felt, well, too easily resolved.  Everything was wrapped up nicely, with no real issues remaining, and it happened really fast on top of that.  Kinda felt like a cop out.  Ahh well, it was still a great game.

AoS was just a spinoff to begin with. Usually, it's the Belmonts who battle Old Man Drac.

Playing as the Belmonts make the game generally harder, imo.

That's why Harmony of Dissonance was my recommendation.

Also, finally put time into the game.

The play time is currently little over an hour.

Only three boss fights so far. Went Creaking Skull > Manticore > Giant Armor.

So far, I'm still below 30% map clear. Currently using a Lance as well. I miss my Claimh Solais.

I also died once so far. I was rushing towards a save point in the Study Area, then fucking rhino that petrifies you goes and sits beside me after petrifying me. It cut my 150 HP to 0.

Playing as the Belmonts make the game generally harder, imo.

That's why Harmony of Dissonance was my recommendation.

Also, finally put time into the game.

The play time is currently little over an hour.

Only three boss fights so far. Went Creaking Skull > Manticore > Giant Armor.

So far, I'm still below 30% map clear. Currently using a Lance as well. I miss my Claimh Solais.

I also died once so far. I was rushing towards a save point in the Study Area, then fucking rhino that petrifies you goes and sits beside me after petrifying me. It cut my 150 HP to 0.

You talking bout that guy in Aria of Sorrow?

If yes, then yeah. But I didn't finish the game. Was too bored back then.

You should finish it like that. It's basically the game's hard mode.

He starts out OP but is unable to level up, so starting stats are absolute last stats. He's really weak compared to Lvl 50 Soma.

Main ending as in the good end or the true end? Those are the only two endings, really. You can't count death as a separate ending. Other than that, maybe Julian mode? I can't remember it too well.

I've read somewhere online that there were four endings, I'm not sure whether that is true or not, but I know I got the generic ending, that is by simply fighting the person in white who was to be the next Dracula. By the other ending, I found that it had to do with equipping specific souls.

I beat the game.

Now, I need to get 100% on the map and souls.

Whelp whelp. Time to look up a guide or something.

Also, getting that 300k took me a while.

Did you use a certain exploit (that I won't be specific about because it could possibly make the game less fun) to get to 300k, or did you just grind to it?  The exploit I used took a little more than an hour, and that's because I wasn't doing it right.

I've read somewhere online that there were four endings, I'm not sure whether that is true or not, but I know I got the generic ending, that is by simply fighting the person in white who was to be the next Dracula. By the other ending, I found that it had to do with equipping specific souls.

Did you get all three books?

They're a clue to the souls you need to equip

during the final boss fight.

I've seen that thing you're talking about before, it seems to count a 'game over' as an ending too. Other than that, probably just Julian ending if anything.

once you beat the game

dragula or not, make a new game with the name Julius

*normal ending

*best ending

*worst ending

* Julius ending

Did you use a certain exploit (that I won't be specific about because it could possibly make the game less fun) to get to 300k, or did you just grind to it?  The exploit I used took a little more than an hour, and that's because I wasn't doing it right.

I hate using exploits like the one you're talking about. That's if we're on the same page here.

I just spammed the corridor in Forbidden Area that had them two treasure chests that contained lots of money. Well, at least more money than the other places in the castle. I just spammed Black Panther and voila, 300k! I was already at 200k, so it took me less time. Though it was still excruciatingly long. You can always increase the emulator's speed to compensate, though.

Also, reached 100% map completion back in April 15. I'm currently at 80+% soul completion, so I may finish that and then beat

Chaos

again and start Hard Mode.

Also, Soma's currently at level 68. Goddamnit.