Should I read Crescendo?

shadowolf64

Hopefully this is the right place for a question like this, if not please let me know. 

Anyway I bought Crescendo from JAST when looking for a few VNs to start with and ended up not getting very far as I couldn't figure out how to save (figured it out now), and the fact that I couldn't get over the fact that there was text all over the screen (now I know this is NVL format). So now I'm wondering, should I go back and give this another chance now that I've read a couple of VNs? Is it worth it? 

I played it and enjoyed it  though how much of my impression comes from nostalgia (meaning how it compares now after I've played significantly more romance eroge) as it was the second eroge I played I can't say. I can remember liking the characters and getting a good enough investment in their story so I'd say play at least a couple routes.

Though fair warning Yuka's route (which I liked) takes a bit of a dark turn later and Ayame's at the start

i think it is. its pretty heavy on the high school drama so be warned. although the drama isnt that bad. may be a little cliche but it throws some new stuff in there every once in a while. the route that appears to be the most popular one is Otowa Yuka's and is definitely my favorite route. theres also a hidden route once youve finished the other girls. just read one of the girls route and see if you like it. I think Otowa's is the shortest so go for her. you might need a guide to get there though.

If you want something more typical, sweet high school romance that makes you feel awww and fluffy, I'd say go for Kaho or Kyoko first.

Otowa Yuka was also my favorite route and character (I cried a lot playing through hers).. I think Yuka and Ayame's routes are a bit more complicated, and troubling in terms of their character story though..but also very good (to me).

I think you should go for which character captures your interest first based on their personality so you can get most enjoyment from getting to know them better.