Mother 4

Lexyvil

For those of you who don't know anything about the Mother series, it's a series of quirky and fun RPG games that originated from Japan since the NES-era. They are quite very popular over there and here too.

There are three games that have officially been made, but Mother 2 was the only American release (which was called Earthbound) and the protagonists of Mother 2 and 3 can be found in the "Super Smash Brothers" games as Ness and Lucas.

Mother 3 never officially came out in America but the fanbase was strong enough to support its popularity and there has also been a fan-made translation that looks superior than what would have normally been the official translation--if there were one.

The Mother games were directed by Shigesato Itoi. He claimed a few years ago that Mother 3 would be the last one in the series. During an interview, he stated that he would not mind if fans were to make a fourth game, and so a group of people decided to give it a shot.

Now on to the main topic; Mother 4 is in production and has been for a few years now. The interesting fact about this game is that it's being made by Mother fans, and they try to keep it true to the primitive games by keeping similar aspects (especially the music).

The new trailer was previewed a few weeks ago and so far, it does look very promising:

If you haven't tried any of the Mother games, I suggest you start with Earthbound or Mother 3~

I've been patiently waiting all of these years for this to be finished, and am really glad they are actually planning to release it this year. I want to see some fanmade clay figures of the characters like there are on the main website, I would throw my money at it so fast.

I've been patiently waiting all of these years for this to be finished, and am really glad they are actually planning to release it this year. I want to see some fanmade clay figures of the characters like there are on the main website, I would throw my money at it so fast.

I bet they would disappear fast on the shelves, like those Amiibos X   X

Though I can totally see that happen. They're not making the game for money, but rather freely for the fans, old and new. Because of that, I would actually support them by buying extremely expensive clay figures if they were to sell them in masses (And also because they look awesomely designed!)