Star Citizen

Clephas

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

I've pledged and plan on playing this obsessively when it is finally released (I'm currently using the flight simulation Arena Commander to pass the time).  For those who want to know what this is about, it is an online game (the largest crowd-funded game in history, thus far, at over seventy million dollars pledged) where you can fly a ship (trading, salvaging, search and rescue, dogfighting, etc.), run a business, join in as an fps trooper (boarding actions, ground assaults, etc), and much more.  The makers are enthusiasts, so there is a lot to be interested in... and there are regular events and new ship announcements (which are usually accompanied by offering them for sale as money pledges, like on a Kickstarter page). 

I currently have the basic Hornet (a fighter ship... basically a civilian version of the military's regular front line fighter), and I plan to get at least one more ship before release (I'd like a multi-person crew ship... but since I'm basically shaving a few dollars here and there off my living budget, I don't know when I'll have enough money put together). 

Interestingly enough, this game has real death, with inheritance by an heir you state (it seems it is done by relationship to your player-character), and ships once destroyed are destroyed forever... unless you have kept your insurance policy up, which allows you to get your ship replaced.  Dying for real is actually kind of hard, and the only ways it can happen the first time are if you take a headshot in a boarding action or ground fight or your escape pod gets blown up.  Otherwise, your avatar ends up more and more cybernetic and scarred until your body just gives out, lol. 

There is no level-gaining in the game... rather, your ship is your true character, which you 'level up' by customizing and buying upgrades for.  Most ships have at least some way for you to modify them, from what the developers are saying, though you can usually buy them customized for a specific purpose (such as the 'Ghost' Hornet which is stealth-specialized or the Cutlass Blue which is specialized as a police or slaver - depending on how you use it). 

I really wanted to get the Constellation, but my entertainment budget is pretty strapped right now...  I also wanted to get the Redeemer (it reminds me of Fenrir's VTOL from Baldr Sky, in a good way).

I wasn't aware of this when it was on Kickstarter, but after learning about it I have kept it on watch very closely.  I'm gonna have to sink money into it eventually, especially if they're going to be adding new game elements piece by piece as planned.  I am a HUGE fan of the original Wing Commander games, and to see it revived for modern days in this huge way is immensely satisfying.  To say the ships were ripped straight out of Wing Commander would be no exaggeration based on video I've seen.

Eagerly awaiting further updates and announcements as they unfold.

I really wanted to get the Constellation, but my entertainment budget is pretty strapped right now...  I also wanted to get the Redeemer (it reminds me of Fenrir's VTOL from Baldr Sky, in a good way).

so far i have a avenger, constellation, gladuis and a freelancer. B)

The way you describe it makes it sound like the one of the best games I have ever heard of. 

I'll have to look into this when the restraints get slackened on my budget. :P

it has some of the best promise that games have ver had, wenether it will deliver or not remains to be seen......but it sure is beutifull.

It's massively pay to win, and is just a copy of EVE. Don't know why people care at all.

I'm not going to dignify this with the seven page response that immediately occurred to me... since feeding the trolls is bad policy.

One thing that does bother me is the sheer number of people who keep thinking of the game as WoW in space...  the way they react to suggestions in the idea section... there are a ton of really conservative MMO gamers who have forgotten how to dream.  Not to mention that there are just as many CoD and Battlefield people who have similar prejudices. 

I'm also bothered by the fact that the people that are exploring new ideas are mostly doing it to give themselves some kind of advantage... there is no examination on their parts as to whether their suggestions are practical or statements about how they might be countered... the tactical sense of the fps gamers is really narrow, for instance.  Too much 'duck and hide' fps experience to understand anything more complex, I suppose.

Edit:  I guess it is just my frustration with massively multiplayer experiences in general, but there is a tendency to overemphasize game balance in the earliest stages that kills a lot of good ideas...  without even trying them out or even seriously thinking about them.  There are many instances where an idea as-is will not work because there is no way to counter it (in competitive games, this is a serious issue), but the fact is that any concept can be countered with a concept meant to do so, so I honestly don't understand why people are so quick to reject ideas that are a little odd or meant to create different playstyles.