How long before Fuwanovel shuts down?

periah250

There were a lot of problems with those surveys (Zaka's changes for the twitter survey, for example, improved it immensely). We bring them up because they're the largest source of feedback we have, but a lot of the shortcomings which have been pointed out here or elsewhere are valid. 

I tend to think they're interesting and helpful (especially the written comments to me or specific teams), but nothing to base big decisions off of.

Even if not a lot of people use torrents, a bunch of them found the site through those torrents... It'll depend on Tay's efforts, I guess.

Tay will have to switch the people he's targeting, which he's doing. For example there was a bunch of people who knew about Fuwa who stayed away because of the torrents, like the vast majority of the OELVN community. 

The pull of Fuwa will switch from providing torrents and a friendly community to providing news and information, developer and translator assistance, and a friendly community. I can see it surviving such a switch

with other demographics going as high up as 70% for Facebook users, sample sizes between 50 and 200 users. 

Nah, check it again ;)

The surveys don't support the view that any demographic on Fuwa is especically attached to the torrents, EXCEPT maybe unregistered guests who don't take part in the community. They may have problems, but EVERY survey has problems. Surveys are only an observation, it's almost impossible to have an observation which is 100% accurate (no matter how high the sample size,) but these observations can contain trends which justify more detailed examination.

And it supports the general feeling I've had amongst the "community" for a long time now. I've been following Fuwa since nearly the beginning, and the general attitude shift on Fuwa has been fairly substantial.

That being said, the only data that matters won't be available for a few more weeks? Should be interesting reading.

On my campus torrents don't work, so I've never used fuwanovel for the torrents. I come here for the vn news and the community that shares my interests. The talk about fuwanovel shutting down because the lack of torrents is really starting to upset me. Yes, while I can see why this can be frustrating since some visual novels can be very hard to "legally" obtain copies without a ridiculous prices tag (see tsukihime), this is a necessary step for bringing VNs into the mainstream market. Seriously what company would pay all the translation and localization fees when the main pre-established vn community already has access to their product. With the recent success of Sekai projects' kickstarters and Jasts' localization of Steins;Gate I feel that it is the perfect time to start shutting down torrents.