Gaming devices you wish you had, but never did

Funyarinpa

Well now I have more, Gravity Rush, Senran Kagura, P4 Golden but I don't deny the fact that it was intended as a $200 Danganronpa machine. 

My 3DS is a $200 Virtue's Last Reward machine, the only other noteworthy games I have for it are SM3DL, FE and AA:DD. 

The sad thing is it was intended to be a full-fledged handheld but I cannot buy 3DS games for $70 when I get $10 in allowance each week

Well now I have more, Gravity Rush, Senran Kagura, P4 Golden but I don't deny the fact that it was intended as a $200 Danganronpa machine. 

I'm patiently waiting for Persona 5 or Disagaea 5 to come out so I can buy a $400 Persona 5-and-Disagaea 5 machine.

My 3DS is a $200 Virtue's Last Reward machine, the only other noteworthy games I have for it are SM3DL, FE and AA:DD. 

The sad thing is it was intended to be a full-fledged handheld but I cannot buy 3DS games for $70 when I get $10 in allowance each week

Bravely Default. It's awesome. What are you waiting for (aside from up to 4 weeks)?

Try Ys Memories of Celceta, that's a fun little game. Would also recommend Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend, even if you suck at fighting games the difficulty is adjustable not to mention you can set it to where you don't have to give your fingers blisters on top of blisters to pull off a move. Don't worry about it being the second game, the abridged take on the first game's story is pretty good. If you end up liking it don't get Chrono Phantasma though as an extended edition is coming out.

Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds is pretty fun not to mention the ports of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are good if you haven't played them yet, Senran Kagura's fun beat 'em up with a nice story, Etrian Odyssey Untold's pretty nice if you don't mind a little dungeon crawling to go with your story, and if you want a silly fun crossover Project X Zone is worth checking out though fair warning battles can take a long time the further in the game you get.

Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds is pretty fun...

Good call, I thought Link Between Worlds was wonderful. Although I think maybe 25% of my appreciation of the game was my nostalgia for Link to the Past, the remaining 75% was because it's a seriously great game. I really thought the "turn into a painting" mechanic was going to be a total gimmick, and then they made an awesome Zelda game that incorporated it as a non-gimmicky, totally-necessary-to-solving-the-puzzle, makes-you-use-your-head, trying-think-of-more-stuff-to-hyphenate-but-not-coming-up-with-anything mechanic. Well played, Nintendo.

I wish I'd actually had a Super Nintendo and Sega Gensis growing up, missed so many classics :cry: , thankfully I had friends that did so I could play some (the daycare center I went to as a kid had a Genesis too but the chances of getting to play that were 1% at best so I never got further than the first two levels of Golden Axe).

Well, that's what emulation is for.

I mean even if you did have the systems at the time, it's doubtful you'd be able to even experience let alone beat every good game.

Not to mention the ones that were Japan-only.

Try Ys Memories of Celceta, that's a fun little game. Would also recommend Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend, even if you suck at fighting games the difficulty is adjustable not to mention you can set it to where you don't have to give your fingers blisters on top of blisters to pull off a move. Don't worry about it being the second game, the abridged take on the first game's story is pretty good. If you end up liking it don't get Chrono Phantasma though as an extended edition is coming out.

I tried a Blazblue game once, wasn't fond of it.  I've considered Ys but it didn't seem like my type of thing. 

I'm patiently waiting for Persona 5 or Disagaea 5 to come out so I can buy a $400 Persona 5-and-Disagaea 5 machine.

I hope the PS3 version isn't too different, I don't feel like buying a new machine (unless it's exclusive). 

Ahh, yeah, I keept forgetting Persona 5 isn't a PS4 exclusive (at least, I'm pretty sure it's not). I also doubt they would make big differences between the PS3 version and PS4 version of of Persona 5, but since I'm going to be getting the PS4 for Disgaea 5 come hell or high water, I might as well get it for Persona 5 as well, so I can hopefully put away the PS3... except that I just realized Tales of Zestiria is supposed to be out in Q2 2015, and it's PS3 only, so I guess my PS3 is not going to be hiding any time soon. Oh well.

Ahh, yeah, I keept forgetting Persona 5 isn't a PS4 exclusive (at least, I'm pretty sure it's not). I also doubt they would make big differences between the PS3 version and PS4 version of of Persona 5, but since I'm going to be getting the PS4 for Disgaea 5 come hell or high water, I might as well get it for Persona 5 as well, so I can hopefully put away the PS3... except that I just realized Tales of Zestiria is supposed to be out in Q2 2015, and it's PS3 only, so I guess my PS3 is not going to be hiding any time soon. Oh well.

Doesn't the PS4 play 3 games?  I'm also expecting another year of dual 3/4 games.