mahjong

zoom909

Lately I've only been playing video mahjong once in a while.

But, if there were a fuwanovel room on tenhou, I would happily play 4-player mahjong, timezone permitting.

(I tried janryumon but I had some trouble with the interface, whereas the tenhou interface worked right away)

I tried to learn how to play Mahjong once but I got lost after realizing that there were several versions of it depending on which rules you want to play by. If I remember correctly they were split uniquely by chance vs skill. It looks like a lot of fun, but I think I would have to go online for it (Not wanting to pour more time into the fiendish blue glowing screen).

• 6 months later...

After my friend showed me Saki Achiga Hen next thing you know I'm playing again.

Not Tenhou yet, I'm too out of practice...Mahjong Dream Club which is the best virtual mahjong I know of.

-Plus things are more interesting now that I've unlocked the bikini outfit...

-It's good for practice because I can sit there and figure things out without worrying that I'm making real people wait or running out of time.

-Plus Mian complains loudly if you take too long "You're really indecisive, aren't you".

-It's always good to have Mian at the table because she's the most entertaining.  If she draws a good tile, she giggles for a second, then clears her throat and says "nan de mo nai."  And, that look of daggers she gives you if you ever should Ron off of her...

-Incidentally, in the "girl supports you while you play" mode, someone should tell Mian that "support" does NOT equal "Be happy when things go well, but berate me if things go badly"

I've played Riichi Mahjong (Japanese) for a couple years now.  It's the only version I know how to play, and I quite enjoy it.

Actually have a copy of Saikyo no Mahjong 3D that I play with.  I've played on Joyjan, as a NoName on Tenhou, and MahjongTime.

I wanted to share a recent hand I got through, was extremely proud.

KOKUSHIMUSOU_zpsb73f5ba2.png

Mmmmm that 64000.

Nice move.  I've never gotten that hand, at least not without using an Item if the game has items.

If I'm on Tenhou I'll be on there as "Zoom909".  You know that you can type in any name you want during the playing session, if no one else is using it.  It doesn't have to be associated with an ID.  (I know this because my ID expired at some point due to disuse or due to the fact that I'm not a paid subscriber.  So I can still be on there as "Zoom909" even though I'm not a ranked player at the moment.)

I think it's more fun if you don't use "Noname".  Well, it's fun to know you're playing against real people but it would be more fun to play against people that I know who they are.