'Sup

Eldin

Greetings from the otherside of the internet. Interwebs, if you will. I loves me some anime, and have finished roughly 300 titles, which includes, for the most part, also watching accompanying OVA's, movies, ect. I suppose I should also clarify that for each title, it's likely there's more than one anime involved. If they're connected, I consider them the same anime. To Aru Majustu No Index, both seasons, as well as To Aru Kagaku No Railgun are all the same show, and this list of titles does not include anime I have not yet finished. I even managed to stomach an episode of My Little Pony, but we will not speak of this. Ever.

Little Busters was my first Visual Novel type game, and it wasn't even what I was looking for to begin with. I was looking for more of a Galge type game, the ones where you go grind stats and wander around and raise flags to pick up chicks and whatever. I'm poor at disrcibing things, but I think most of you get what I mean. Nonetheless, after watching up to episode (6? the episode where komari finds out about her brother and subsiquently goes wtfnuts.) I was reluctant to start it, but a dude type fellow whom I play mmo's with told me to give it a chance, and so I did. Despite how I assumed the anime was going to go, and hence why i stopped watching when i did, the VN was actually pretty decent and caused me to go back and continue the series. I'll give it 168 points.

Since then I've tried several more found on this site, and was all "Holy balls, when they say 18+, they mean it..." And now here I am, joining your forum community in the high hopes that somewhere out there one of you has seen an anime that I haven't and is as willing to share titles and reviews as I am.

-Eldin

That guy who probably watches too much anime

Greetings from the otherside of the internet. Interwebs, if you will. I am Eldin, and there's a pretty good chance none of you have seen an anime that I have not, at the least, watched 2-3 episodes of. I have finished roughly 300 titles, which includes, for the most part, also watching accompanying OVA's, movies, ect. I even managed to stomach an episode of My Little Pony, but we will not speak of this. Ever.

Little Busters was my first Visual Novel type game, and it wasn't even what I was looking for to begin with. I was looking for more of a Galge type game, the ones where you go grind stats and wander around and raise flags to pick up chicks and whatever. I'm poor at disrcibing things, but I think most of you get what I mean. Nonetheless, after watching up to episode (6? the episode where komari finds out about her brother and subsiquently goes wtfnuts.) I was reluctant to start it, but a dude type fellow whom I play mmo's with told me to give it a chance, and so I did. Despite how I assumed the anime was going to go, and hence why i stopped watching when i did, the VN was actually pretty decent and caused me to go back and continue the series. I'll give it 168 points.

Since then I've tried several more found on this site, and was all "Holy balls, when they say 18+, they mean it..." And now here I am, joining your forum community in the high hopes that somewhere out there one of you has seen an anime that I haven't and is as willing to share titles and reviews as I am.

-Eldin

Haha id take that bet. Ive been an Anime fan since the mid 80's. I could probably name 10 youve never even heard of much less watched. ;)

Anyway, welcome to Fuwanovel. Were all friends here so make yourself at home.

If you have any questions, let us know

Greetings from the otherside of the internet. Interwebs, if you will. I am Eldin, and there's a pretty good chance none of you have seen an anime that I have not, at the least, watched 2-3 episodes of. I have finished roughly 300 titles, which includes, for the most part, also watching accompanying OVA's, movies, ect. I even managed to stomach an episode of My Little Pony, but we will not speak of this. Ever.

-Eldin

Dude, with 300 titles I don't think you've even watched all the good animes out there :P I wouldn't take that kind of bet before having watched at least 500-600 titles ^^"

Anyway, welcome here.

Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu

Mashin Eiyuuden Wataru

Mado King Granzort

Kinniku Man

Space Cat Full House

Eatman

Maya the Honey Bee

Dragon Century

Mermaid's Scar

Luna Varuga

Tomorrow's Joe

The Adventures of Hutch the Honeybee

Genius Bakabon

Astroganger

Gutsy Frog

Mazinger Z

Casshan Takao Koyama

Aim for the Ace!

Brave Raideen

If you can tell me youve seen any of these Ill be impressed. Of course all you have to do is google the info so its probably invalid anyway.

I could go on and on.

lol if I added up all the anime ive seen it would take 2 years to do. haha

the ~300 are the ones i've actually finished. there are more than i've been willing to count that aren't on my list because i didn't make it past the first 4 episodes. the number is also shorter than it should be, because i count spin offs and sequals as the same series. Some people count the different Da Capo series as different anime, for example. i do not. Fate/Stay and Fate/Zero would be another example.

there's also a good number that i haven't finished that i would absolutely love to that are not on that list, but cannot find a sub or dub of in english.

If you can tell me youve seen any of these Ill be impressed. Of course all you have to do is google the info so its probably invalid anyway.
I have seen half of those off the top of my head. at least 2 i'm fairly sure i've seen, but didn't like, and gave up on.

will check out the rest.

so you've got 6. i'll wait for the other 4.

Challange Accepted.

haha oh dear. Trust me Eldin you dont want to challenge Ryoji's Anime knowledge. He has been around Anime for 30 years. He even used to be an editor for an Anime magazine.

Just walk away you have NO idea what your getting into lol. (Trust me Im married to him I know what I am talking about. :D )

Welcome by the way. You'll love it here everyone is really nice and friendly.

I have seen half of those off the top of my head. at least 2 i'm fairly sure i've seen, but didn't like, and gave up on.

will check out the rest.

so you've got 6. i'll wait for the other 4.

You do realize that 85% of those are from the 70's right? Not to mention the are not in english or subbed for that matter?

Where did you see them exactly??

You do realize that 85% of those are from the 70's right? Not to mention the are not in english or subbed for that matter?

Where did you see them exactly??

used to trade fan-subbed or dubbed vhs way back before i discovered anime posted on the internet. you find fun stuff at anime boston and other larger conventions. there are also a few fan subs of a couple of them that used to be on youtube and a few other sites, animeseason and a few others used to have a lot of early stuff but sadly most of it has been taken down.

the stuff is out there, you just have to look for it.

lol if I added up all the anime ive seen it would take 2 years to do. haha

If one day you take the time to build up a MAL account or something like that, i'd like to see what it'll be like...

the ~300 are the ones i've actually finished. there are more than i've been willing to count that aren't on my list because i didn't make it past the first 4 episodes. the number is also shorter than it should be, because i count spin offs and sequals as the same series. Some people count the different Da Capo series as different anime, for example. i do not. Fate/Stay and Fate/Zero would be another example.

Well even then, iirc there's like 3500 different anime currently, and you can probably safely assume there's SOMEONE out there who saw that 5 OAV serie from 1984 or that obscure season show from 2001 you've never even heard off. I mean, we even have one of those guys here in this thread :P and I'm not even sure Ryoji would take a bet like that...

If one day you take the time to build up a MAL account or something like that, i'd like to see what it'll be like...

Well even then, iirc there's like 3500 different anime currently, and you can probably safely assume there's SOMEONE out there who saw that 5 OAV serie from 1984 or that obscure season show from 2001 you've never even heard off. I mean, we even have one of those guys here in this thread :P/> and I'm not even sure Ryoji would take a bet like that...

i've already heard titles that i've not heard of in ages or never even heard of in the first place. i like you guys already. the general response i get when asking for titles is 20 pages of bleach and naruto, and why i should watch them.

Well even then, iirc there's like 3500 different anime currently, and you can probably safely assume there's SOMEONE out there who saw that 5 OAV serie from 1984 or that obscure season show from 2001 you've never even heard off. I mean, we even have one of those guys here in this thread :P/> and I'm not even sure Ryoji would take a bet like that...

Ive seen a shitton of Anime and I would NEVER say that. Just the other day a friend sent me an anime from Japan from 1969 that I hadnt seen. Umeboshi Denka.

i've already heard titles that i've not heard of in ages or never even heard of in the first place. i like you guys already. the general response i get when asking for titles is 20 pages of bleach and naruto, and why i should watch them.

NO, just NO!! :angry:/>

Like I said, you'll fit in just fine here lol.

I take it you're not a fan of Bleach or Naruto?

God no. And yes I have watched more then a fair share of episodes. I gave them more then a fair chance. I absolutely hated it.

both are 200 episodes to long. Talk about beating a dead horse.

God no. And yes I have watched more then a fair share of episodes. I gave them more then a fair chance. I absolutely hated it.

both are 200 episodes to long. Talk about beating a dead horse.

i hated naruto from episode 1, but gave it my standard 4 episode grace period. Bleach would be an alright story if they condensed the 200+ episodes into a 36 episode series. Decent story with far too much filler and ridiculous to the point of ludicrous amounts of flashback episodes that do nothing to advance the story a good anime does not make.

What was the anime that got you two chaps into anime, out of curiosity? getting an answer that won't be naruto or bleach will be a refreshing change of pace.

Hello! Welcome to the forums. Played anything else since Little Busters? I recommend checking out other Key works if you're insterested. They do some real tear-jerkers.

Great to have you with us! :)/>/>

i played g-string and saw half of the plot coming. was pleasantly suprised by the half i didn't see coming, and liked it. 139 points.

i started Wanko, completely against my better judgement, and was all "...damn." by the end. it's the only VN i dl'd that i didn't go out of my way to replay for all the scenes and cg's. I'm a loli at heart, but even still, damn.

i played wind, a bearth of heart and was absolutely furious with the outcome.

my favorite of the girls dies at the end of her own ending, despite surviving all but one of the other girls endings, and i flipped my keyboard in frustration. would not play again.

i've been meaning to start clannad, but has been busy lately and wasn't all that much a fan of the anime in the first place, so i'll get to it eventually.

i hated naruto from episode 1, but gave it my standard 4 episode grace period. Bleach would be an alright story if they condensed the 200+ episodes into a 36 episode series. Decent story with far too much filler and ridiculous to the point of ludicrous amounts of flashback episodes that do nothing to advance the story a good anime does not make.

What was the anime that got you two chaps into anime, out of curiosity? getting an answer that won't be naruto or bleach will be a refreshing change of pace.

hmm thats a tough one. Id probably have to say Ranma 1/2 (1989) or Saint Seiya (1986) were the Anime that made me go OK, im hooked. Seen anime before those but I would say those two are the main cause or "start" of my addiction.

Ive never looked back, well until now lol.

Hi Eldin. I look forward to talking about semi-obscure anime titles with you :-)

At least, if it's 80's or newer. I started watching older and older anime out of curiosity, first 80's and then 70's, but kind of hit a roadblock in the 70's. The oldest show I've watched where I like the artwork is Future Boy Conan; so far everything I've tried that was made before that, I had to give up because the art was really not good enough.

Well out of all the things on Ryoji's list, the only one I've seen is Dragon Century. It's pretty decent, I like how the art style is different from the way it is now, but still definitely recognizable as anime. I have it on VHS, it came from a used record store near me. They still have laser discs for sale in that store (the big ones that are the same size as a vinyl record).

hmm thats a tough one. Id probably have to say Ranma 1/2 (1989) or Saint Seiya (1986) were the Anime that made me go OK, im hooked. Seen anime before those but I would say those two are the main cause or "start" of my addiction.
I was a fan of saint seiya as a kid, always thought it was coller than the power ranger shows that other kids were watching. I have never been a fan of Ranma 1/2 though. I've seen a few episodes and it passed my meh rating, but it never got my attention enough to sit down and finish it.

At least, if it's 80's or newer. I started watching older and older anime out of curiosity, first 80's and then 70's, but kind of hit a roadblock in the 70's. The oldest show I've watched where I like the artwork is Future Boy Conan; so far everything I've tried that was made before that, I had to give up because the art was really not good enough.
While keeping in mind that some of it came out almost half a century ago, i agree about the animation and art. I've been too spoiled by new tech. Every now and then i'll still go watch a few episodes of something close to twice my age though, it's always an adventure to see what it was like back when and some of the stories are really catchy.

i can't stand 90% of the music though. i usually watch it silent movie style and just read subs.

Did I miss a bunch of people trying to out do each other in anime knowledge? *looks over at my 70 watched MAL account.... cries in corner*

Anyway welcome! I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun here with all these anime fans.

*goes back to corner*

He's most certainly seen more than i have, but i have a feeling i've seen a few gems he's missed out on as well.

Welcome to fuwanovel ^^

Well, I don't know about weird animes, but I've seen some that aren't all that famous like:

Beck

Afro Samurai

Kyousogiga (I think this are some OVAs, but I count it as anime)

Matantei Loki Ragnarok

I've rarely talked with people who recognize these titles, but well, where I live is "normal" to not know what anime is.