Howdy 'ere

Painiac

Hello. My name is Painiac; and I enjoyed the spoils of this site for a long time already. Well, I intend to take part in growing VN west community; I've got curious. The great effort behind this site promise that some day, we will be able to enjoy new VNs already translated; and popular older positions will be also avaiable. That's good news for us, readers - and also for creators. For example, Umineko clearly got much biger attention because of hard work of Witch Hunt group. We could enjoy fine novel, and Ryukishi can enjoy writing more VNs.

I am from Poland. Currently, I am working toward into opening small brewery... I enjoy reading good VN with homemade beer. I like horror-themed VNs; and I like searching for little forgotten gems of games made about twenty years ago. So, I enjoy tinkering with emulators. Sometimes, I tinker with VNs themselves; I did even translated Umineko fan-story into Polish, huh. Well, I can't spend too much time on those things when constantly working, though. Also, retired World of Tank field commander on EU. I still play a bit with my clanmates from time to time; feel free to invite me to platoon.

Well, have a nice day.

Welcome to the Fuwanovel's Greatest Freaks Menagerie, Painiac! At least older members keep reminding me how weird bunch we are ;)

It's great to see another fan from Poland here and such devoted one. I've started a webpage about VNs in Polish lately. It still needs some work and it's content is mainly news instead of custom articles, but feel free to drop by from time to time.

I am not that much into World of Tanks, but I am really curious about next Wargamming game - World of Warships. Maybe we could enjoy some naval warfare together when it'll be released? ;)

I don't think I will have time for World of Warships... And it's kinda ridiculous how Russian outdated flotilla from WWI will be at start of the game; where British glorious navy will be pushed onto next patches. Dunno, we shall see. It might be good game, because WG will be first. Yet, I don't know how much I can take from WG, honestly. I had, like, one year hiatus from WoT, because I didn't really had fun; I was angry when playing it... Well, at the time, I was commanding pack of really stubborn jackasses. It was fun when we were duking out with other strong clans; but I think I had too much things on my head - work, commanding, sleep, work, commanding... Well, now, I just have fun playing it low with some pals, without that whole pressure. I just feel sad that WG managed to buy rights to Master of Orion and Total Annihilation franchise.

Huh, there are lots of different beer styles. And the best thing is, there's almost nothing that stops you from inventing new tastes. For example, they produce oyster beer in New Zealand... When you make wine, you just put grapes in, mash them, you might add yeast... that's it.

When making beer, you decide about type of malt - barley, wheat, rye, for example. You can add oat or rice. Those malts can be made in different ways - caramel malts, chocolade, roasted, even smoked! Did you drank smoked wine? I drank smoked wheat beer. Really tasty.

There are different yeasts which give different flavors to beer - like in English ales, Belgian monastery beers, German lagers... And hops! American hops, which smells like citrus fruits, resin. English hops, Bohemian hops, Bavarian... Even water is important. In some styles, you might even add gypsum to make water nicely bitter.

So, there are strong, sweet, aromatic beers like Baltic Porter, incredibly hoppy like American IPA, beers with honey, with added lactose sugar, or with cinnamon and other spices. Dismissing beer just because there's lots of cheap, commercial beer around... b'duh.