What do you suggest for fun?

crunchytaco

(This question might be redundant on an entertainment forum focused on many people who solely find enjoyment on indoor Otaku culture.)

From casual fun like taking a leisurely walk in the mountain with your dog to a committed journey to another country to teach like O-Ren; what fancies your interest?

Me, I've been working non-stop lately and I'm sort of burnt out on indoor activities at the moment (except when my favorite Anime comes on). I don't know how to have fun outside of my home. 

I know how I don't like to have fun and that's anything that is detrimental to my health (drinking, pot, prostitutes etc.). At the same time also am not looking to do anything that exerts my body in the name of health. I don't want to do anything that necessarily requires taking along another person either. 

It's semi-crispy cold right now. I live in a quiet neighborhood that is an hour away from Los Angeles, the beach, the zoo, and the mountains. I have a 3 day weekend off and money to spend if necessary. I know if I don't do anything I won't come back to work happy this week.

What's on my mind but isn't immediately available:

1. An Anime convention

2. A Japanese related club and, or language class

3. Returning to college for a degree

4. Finding an ancient ruin with hidden treasures to adventure in

5. Eating the world's largest hamburger or pizza

6. Making a visit to another state or country just to speak with the locals at a coffee shop

7. Crying in the rain while quoting Blade Runner

8. Falling in love with someone and not having your feelings returned

What's your dysfunction junction, satisfunction? 

I'll think about this more, but have you tried exploring your city and taking nice walks to remote areas? Both at one preferably haha. When I want to be outside that's what I do I'll often call up my brother or a friend and just talk while I walk. Or sometimes I think about people or things. You know, refreshing stuff. Spend some serious done getting somewhere no one has been for ages.

You could call me up, gur. Its not like I'm lonely or anything. *cries* haha

I'll think about this more, but have you tried exploring your city and taking nice walks to remote areas? Both at one preferably haha. When I want to be outside that's what I do

Hmm, I might take a walk down one of the beach cities but it's so cold right now!

*Crunchytaco looks at you for another suggestion*

I have several things I like to do but since I'm usually out all day, I don't always feel like going out much.  Anyway you could try:

• Nature Walk-Always relaxing and enjoyable for me regardless of the weather, but hey I like the cold.  Even better if you have a dog. 
  • Shopping-I like looking around most types of stores just for fun.  I'm particularly fond of going to old video game stores (not gamestop like vintage ones) and looking around.  Especially now, the Christmas decorations are coming out so I'm getting excited.  It's never too early to start Christmas shopping either. 
  • Swimming-I always find it relaxing but I admit I've neglected this one for a while. 
  • Fishing-Nice way to be outside and relax.

I camped a lot in scouting.  It's fun as long as you're prepared.  I would start with a rookie site though. 

Smoking Marijuana or doing shrooms with my best buds(hehe)

Though you clearly said you stay clear of this.

I love to draw. Its a hobby of mine that I've done since I was in elementary school, I hope to take my hard work and become a professional one day. Even if you suck at it, it's a nice stress reliever.

You could also go camping like I did some time before, although I got stranded from my friends and lost for a day.

Have you ever tried going to a concert or any type of public events? Those are pretty fun as well.

From SoCal, and he doesn't smoke pot... wut.

Hey!  I'm from SoCal and I don't smoke pot either.  Granted, about 75% of my town does, but I don't.  Winners don't do drugs  :D  I also have asthma from being born prematurely, so I have a "real" reason not to smoke pot.

I love hiking and camping (picked up those activities from Boy Scouts), playing soccer, debating and holding discussions, reading ridiculously long books and playing old games on my PS2 and GBA.

Hey!  I'm from SoCal and I don't smoke pot either.  Granted, about 75% of my town does, but I don't.  Winners don't do drugs  :D  I also have asthma from being born prematurely, so I have a "real" reason not to smoke pot.

I love hiking and camping (picked up those activities from Boy Scouts), playing soccer, debating and holding discussions, reading ridiculously long books and playing old games on my PS2 and GBA.

I was being facetious, but I think you caught that. Above all else, it's a waste of your money. Better spent on other stuff or saved :D

What Rooke? You want him to cross dress and make people look up his skirt? :D

Donno what to do outside and spend a lot of time on. I prefer staying inside the weekend and reading all day lol.

Taking a walk and going shopping. Prbly something you need to buy or something like that. Going blank here xD

H8in'

h8 keeps you distracted all day long and is super fun.

Otherwise, clubs, social activities, sports, creating projects all that with a goal in mind.

Also, nothing's better than trance music in the dark.

I used to take a lot of nature walks, but not so much anymore.

A lot of my  "outside" free time (let's classify outside as leaving the house  :lol:) is spent watching movies - seeing movies in theaters with friends and movie nights on campus.

I try not to be picky with other things though. If someone wants to spontaneously go to a local landmark - say a civil war battlefield, take a 3 hour drive, one way to see the Georgia Guidestones, or go to a concert, I'm usually up for it. I myself am not very spontaneous, but I try to remain flexible.

I'll second what Ara said. Just wandering around town alone (or with company) can be a rewarding experience. 

You could also try out a new activity for yourself - say something like fishing?

You could look into any local community events that may be happening. If you normally ignore such things, you might be surprised at all the shit that is happening in a decent sized city in any given weekend.

Oh, and indulging your inner child and going to the zoo is pretty fun. Not a bad option.

Well I ended up going out to pay a couple of bills today and went home for a nap. I still have two more days left to think about all your suggestions   :)

I'm a big sport nut so my suggestion would be something sport related, like cycling or something. Or picking up golf! The only other thing I can suggest is...

reading_park.jpg

Nice bike  :lol:. I'd consider sports as exerting my body so I'll pass, but reading outdoors is always fun. I do that everywhere I go!

What Rooke? You want him to cross dress and make people look up his skirt? :D

Donno what to do outside and spend a lot of time on. I prefer staying inside the weekend and reading all day lol.

Taking a walk and going shopping. Prbly something you need to buy or something like that. Going blank here xD

That's just a self-portrait of him laying there enjoying himself :P. I went shopping two weeks ago for work supplies and I have every thing I'll need for another 6 months. I'm extremely practical. 

Well I ended up going out to pay a couple of bills today and went home for a nap. I still have two more days left to think about all your suggestions   :)

The next two days, remember to grab life by the horns and rip it's head off.

Check LA's entertainment magazine. I've got the Georgia Strait here. On any given night, I can find an overwhelming amount of things to do, and that's just Vancouver. I can't imagine LA.

As suggested earlier, walking around town is great too. At least a few of the times a month I head downtown, I have hardly any plans, and it's always still fun. Picking up an entertainment magazine when you get there and planning something on the spot is always great too.

My personal suggestion would be a live play. I always find those interesting.

My brother suggests a museum

Oh here's a good one: get a box of chalk and a big area of ground and then do a giant chalk drawing of an image you like or a scene you love or something. Me and my friends did a 20'x20' Super Mario (from the NES) snapshot. We got an image from online, printed it off, grossed it up and then expanded the grid to twenty feet a side and then went at it. It turned out pretty great actually. We did it in an empty part of a park's parking lot

After the college campus tour, it got really dark so i decided id just treat myself to sushi. I felt really old today, and strangely attracted to my guidance counselor whos in her thirties instead of the multitied of young girls running around campus.

The campus is situated between mountains and woodlands so i sort of got my scenic walk this weekend break. Im surprised we have some beautiful zones here in Southern California.