If My Heart Had Wings - Flight Diary text problems.

Laminxar

I'm going to state the obvious here with what the title says, and that's just it.

I've gone through a few threads and forums about this fandisk and I enjoyed the first one greatly! The story was fantastic and like every other person out there who loves this game, will want to read the second one as well.

I've downloaded a few torrents of the game and a nokey dvd crack for this and... Well, the game works, but there is a lack of any readable text. All of the words are what looks to be in coding format, not even Japanese.

Is there a way to fix this?

I wish I could upload a screen shot of it, but I'm new here and I've yet to master all of the things provided on here.

So, some help would be greatly appreciated here...

First off, welcome!

Secondly, have you changed your settings to Japanese Locale?

Another question of mine... what font are you using in the vn?

These are the questions I normally ask when it comes to problems like these, but from what you are saying, it sounds like something went wrong in the English patch, or if you are playing in Japanese, then the download itself could be a possibility. Have you tried re-downloading?

First off, welcome!

Secondly, have you changed your settings to Japanese Locale?

Another question of mine... what font are you using in the vn?

These are the questions I normally ask when it comes to problems like these, but from what you are saying, it sounds like something went wrong in the English patch, or if you are playing in Japanese, then the download itself could be a possibility. Have you tried re-downloading?

Flight Diary is the fandisc to If My Heart Had Wings and has no English Patch. I'm also not very familiar with text hookers so I'm afraid I can't be of any help either to you either.

Hello to you guys as well!

Yes, my system locale is already set to Japanese. I'm currently redownloading the VN through separate 500mb files instead to see it that'll help, and the english patch is not out yet, I know (A wound to my heart as well -.-).

I am using Visual Novel Reader for this as it works out pretty well with other VNs.

The problem was probably the game files itself since I had downloaded a nokey dvd crack for it, as it requires one to play and such.

And the font for the game is the same as it was in the first IMMHW, so whatever font that was, it was the same in that.

Anymore ideas will help me out!

Hello to you guys as well!

Yes, my system locale is already set to Japanese. I'm currently redownloading the VN through separate 500mb files instead to see it that'll help, and the english patch is not out yet, I know (A wound to my heart as well -.-).

I am using Visual Novel Reader for this as it works out pretty well with other VNs.

The problem was probably the game files itself since I had downloaded a nokey dvd crack for it, as it requires one to play and such.

And the font for the game is the same as it was in the first IMMHW, so whatever font that was, it was the same in that.

Anymore ideas will help me out!

I haven't actually used a text hooker at all yet, but it could be an issue with the set up if the game acts the same.

I wish I could upload a screen shot of it, but I'm new here and I've yet to master all of the things provided on here.

How exactly being new here stops you from uploading a screenshot?

But anyway, what you need to do is to set your locale and time format to Japanese. That will definitely fix the issue. If you don't know how to do this - google is your friend.

If your having lots of problems with the vn, I have it uploaded for anyone that is having issues playing the game. Anyways check my thread here its a zip file of the folder and non need for a crack or iso just read what it says to play the game

This thread is about different VN

I assume that this screen shot (Finally figured out how to work with it) will pop up and help you guys know what the problem could be.

Again, I already know how to put my system and time locale to Japanese (It's still on that setting as we speak). I have re-downloaded the game, and had no luck on figuring out why the font is like this.

I don't care if it's not in english, I just need to have Flight Diary working properly, font-wise.

pdiNrqm.png

I assume that this screen shot (Finally figured out how to work with it) will pop up and help you guys know what the problem could be.

Again, I already know how to put my system and time locale to Japanese (It's still on that setting as we speak). I have re-downloaded the game, and had no luck on figuring out why the font is like this.

I don't care if it's not in english, I just need to have Flight Diary working properly, font-wise.

pdiNrqm.png

sdHsMXk.png

If this is not setting the unicode system locale to Japanese, then CLEARLY after all the Japanese VNs I've been playing have never needed it. (I.e. Little Busters!, Grisaia No Kajitsu, Sharin no Kuni Himawari no Shoujo, etc. etc.)

If that's not you set it, then tell me the REAL way of doing so. Otherwise, help is becoming scarce with how people are nowadays.

• 7 months later...

I see that your clock is showing AM/PM style time....

You also need to set your Time/Date format to Japanese.

It's a little extra thing you'll need to do for Pulltop's engine to run correctly.

9kXbOh7.png

Binaryfail, thank you. I've been trying to find out why the hell this game wouldn't work for so long, never would have really thought to change the time and date format AS WELL as the system local.

I told you exactly what to do in my 1st post of this topic and I am pretty sure it is a correct solution. Your inability to follow these pretty clear instructions is your problem.

This forum is filled with idiots who have no clue how to use their OS but I don't feel obligated to teach them and always assume that a person who asks the question is, at least, capable of doing research on their own, after it was pointed where to look.

Luckily, binaryfail explained whatever was still unclear. So you should be able to solve it now.

You. You are so fucking unhelpful, jesus christ. Instead of repeating the same solution multiple times berating the OP because you think that hes wrong even after he has told you he has already tried your solution, maybe you could accept that maybe theres a different solution other than pretty much the most BASIC requirement for pretty much any VN that you'd play.

Take a note of the post above you, how they notice a minor detail and then offer help? Maybe you should try that.

Take a note of the post above you, how they notice a minor detail and then offer help? Maybe you should try that.

I knew this from the start and my original reply in post number 6 of this thread mentions it. "The post above me" doesn't adds any new info above that. You're just as blind/stupid as the OP. Should I highlight each word in my original sentence with fancy colors so that you won't stop reading it half-way? Granted, it does not have an image attached to it, but spoon-feeding doesn't makes people use brain and doesn't makes my original reply less correct.

• 1 year later...