Fuwanovel Osu! Thread

Tief Blau

I guess my view on improvement is radically different than everyone else's here, so I just won't bother saying it again since I feel I'm just coming off as antagonistic.

Guess I'll just leave with one last improvement I had today (really only got farther on songs today), I made it 45 seconds longer into this song and choked at the very end... Failed about where I took the screenshot below

SFpHKir.jpg

http://howtoimproveatosu.tk/

An in-depth look on how to improve at osu

Man, that method has about 99% less effort put into it than mine, yet it's 100x more efficient. Why can't I this?

But yep, I'm just gonna keep doing whatever challenges me and try to FC it. That's how I did it before, so it's bound to work!

Rofl

http://osu.ppy.sh/u/544875#_history

(someone I know/knew from another forum/teamliquid's osu (and was like middle ish, whereas I'm probably like deadlast there even when I played a lot...))

Ooh, I haven't heard a BeForU song since I last played DDR. I should grab a few of those maps!

Edit: Back to doing the old thing again. This feels better.

Challenging map, but it was fun! DOES is awesome!

wYi3ccN.png

And not too long after complaining about my lack of insane FCs, I finally get one! It's not a hard one, and I didn't get a single point from it (oh wait, I actually did), but it still feels nice! ^^

XUOriOL.png

I've been working on this map for improvement. Definitely finding it easier to improve with focusing on single maps as compared to doing a bunch of maps. When I first started, I could only get a 415-ish combo for this, but now I'm at 831! Doesn't feel like it'll be much longer before I can start on harder insanes (probably another month or two).

Edit:

Now this is what I call a party map!

E1pbFdF.png

• 2 weeks later...

Unless you have top scores on all the hardest maps, there will always be others that are better than you at something. I don't let myself get down when I get thrashed on in multi-player, I use it as a motivation to get better. :D At least there's only 5,981 players ranked higher than you. I still have 71,128 ahead of me. ._.

Been slopping out on accuracy lately, but I just recently brought it up a little with this last map.

wqSoBj9.png

Does anyone have any tips for using a Tablet?

:)

I use one, but I was wondering if anyone had any useful tips lol

Some people say to use a large area on your tablet but I prefer something really small.

0196b9ad98.jpg

Go with whatever you prefer honestly. 

And instead of holding my pen like I would normally hold a pen/pencil, I hold it straight up and down like ' | ' instead of  ' / '...well atleast I try to anyway.

Oh and find a way to secure your tablet to the table...some people tape them but I just put my tablet ontop of a grip thing used to help you open things with bottlecaps and that stops with from slidering around.

Yeah, people do say bigger area is better, but my wrist/hand doesn't do well with that, so mine is a tad smaller (Pentinor's is TINY though :blink: ) I heard a "pro" player say to start small and test until you have the largest tablet area and can still very comfortably reach each corner of the screen.  And I also heard to use "force proportions", but I didn't use that because I didn't really know about it. Aiming is my best skill between aim, speed, and accuracy, so it's not exactly required.

This is my tablet area

aiDgP.jpg

The reason I use portion on screen and tablet is because I changed from fullscreen to windowed, and wanted to keep the same tablet area :D

As for pen grip, I don't hold it any where near how I hold a pencil. And some people say holding the pen above the tablet so it doesn't touch, and not drag it across (former called hovering), is better in the long run when playing. I personally just drag my pen across my tablet, using the pen tip to balance the pen itself. Just relaying what others say.

Oh, and I move my tablet all the time, as long as I get it in the general right distance from the edge of my desk, after playing for a few songs I'm used to wherever it got moved to.

There's no specific way to play with a tablet, just do what feels right. It all comes down to muscle memory in the end. Just don't use mouse mode, defeats the purpose of playing with a tablet :P

or you can also look at the replays of the top scores of any insane map :D

That's all I have to do. Even 50th place blows me away...

You need really fast fingers too lol. I can do streams of 200bpm if under ~7-9 notes, but as soon as they start getting longer, I cap off at 180. The streams in Image Material are 260bpm and the longest stream I saw looking through real quick was 32 circles, which a bunch with 24 circles.

I'm not sure where I'm at with streaming since I usually don't pay much attention to it, but I can probably do up to 140bpm. I only just recently started on maps with longer streams, so I'm still a little shaky with them, lol. Nice thing with key + click is that you can go really fast as compared to 2-key, but it's a little hard to control. I'm getting better at it though. I'm gonna prove Lewy that it's not a bad style!

Why does life have to suck sometimes? Not gonna bother trying this again for 99%, but damn it!

RZfkfRx.png

It was just before the finals of the Osu! MLG tournament. Sayo was sitting alone in a dimly lit room backstage, awaiting his showdown with rrtyui. In his eyes one could see absolute despair, knowing he cannot overpower the Japanese stamina and precision.

Then, as being called by peppy himself, one could feel a godlike presence as HappyStick entered the room. „What's up? You look down” asked Happy with a caring, yet strong voice. „Oh, it's nothing...” replied Sayo while averting his gaze away from the Stick. „Stop lying. I can read you like AR9” said Happy while eye reading into the deepest corners of Sayo's soul. „As always, nothing can escape your amazing reading skills. I'm actually doubting whether I can beat the Japanese genius, I underestimated him and didn't do enough 'training'” confessed Sayo. One could see tears starting to well up within him. „Nothing's lost yet, we can 'train' a bit right now!” uttered Happy whose eyes were full of nothing else but burning passion for the Korean. He rapidly started to unbutton the oriental youth's shirt. Happy smiled as he heard a small squeak and saw his companion blushing. Sayo's face was redder than any Cherry MX Red that ever existed. And it continued on escalating as Happy kept on removing articles of clothing from both of them while gently caressing all parts of the small and cute Asian body. „I heard you're the fastest single-tapper in top100, would you show me your technique?” said Sayo with a defiant voice. Happy couldn't refuse. He flipped his companion's body and did the first thrust. He then started mashing him with his Stick with a speed rivalling even the most impressive 260 BPM streams. „Please no, my switches will break!” cried Sayo. „What are you talking about? The HardRock is still yet to come.” replied Happy as he started spinning inside even faster than his usual 440 RPM. As Happy was nearing the end of his song he roared: „Oh shit no, oh fuck!” as he proceed to finish off the play in Sayo's lower part of the screen. „Full Combo” whispered Sayo as Happy took out his Stick out and the Korean fell onto the floor.

A few minutes later, once they both recovered their sanity and their clothing, Happy asked: „Do you feel ready now?”. „Like never. I'll let you know when I need to 'practice' again” replied Sayo with a big grin on his face. He then went onto the stage and as if blessed by Cookiezi himself he performed the most impressive SS of the tournament.

/dead

Haven't been playing so not much to say........................

AR1 for pros *shrugs*

sheeeeeet.....I cant play anything below ar7 and even then I dont like it that slow....its just not enjoyable for me. Dont even wanna think about ar1.