Fuwanovel Osu! Thread

Tief Blau

First time completing an AR9 map today. These are pretty fun once you get use to them! :D

shdXqAM.png

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/183467

Insane and Hard diff is now available guys!
Also don't forget to take a look on the awesome SB!

That SB warms my heart. ^^ I don't think I've ever seen one with this many cute girls! This map is like honey syrup! :3

Well hello Osu! Players.

I started playing just recently and my favourite modes are Standard and Mania.

What I like about the game? Well I think that is easy question. I like unbelievably huge selection of beatmaps from all my favourite games, Anime, visual novels, etc...

Well hello Osu! Players.

What I like about the game? Well I think that is easy question. I like unbelievably huge selection of beatmaps from all my favourite games, Anime, visual novels, etc...

Welcome, once you start playing. There is no turning back.

Osu is life. 

Please, enjoy checking around this thread for any hints or tips. Also make sure to post your osu name so people can stalk your scores. And remember to post your awesome scores to look back at them in the future, to remind yourself how much you've progressed through this game.

Hope to see you around the thread.

Osu is life. 

Please, enjoy checking around this thread for any hints or tips. Also make sure to post your osu name so people can stalk your scores. And remember to post your awesome scores to look back at them in the future, to remind yourself how much you've progressed through this game.

Thank you :)

My Osu username is same as here... :):) and about scores, well i will need to work on my skills first! LoL

I started working on my first ever beatmap for fun. I don't know if it will be up to standards (I've never ever done this before), but I'm attempting one for Yume if they want to accept it. I don't mind either way, since this is fun just seeing something I made appear before me for such a good song.

9SQZ6.jpg

Made for Normal since Yume's map set is missing a Normal difficulty.

I started working on my first ever beatmap for fun. I don't know if it will be up to standards (I've never ever done this before), but I'm attempting one for Yume if they want to accept it. I don't mind either way, since this is fun just seeing something I made appear before me for such a good song.

9SQZ6.jpg

Made for Normal since Yume's map set is missing a Normal difficulty.

hohooo send me a link when is finished...  :)

Osu is life. 

This doesn't apply when you were your best at the game before this forum was even made.

hohooo send me a link when is finished... :)

Dunno how good of a map it will be, but I'm trying! I'll talk to Yume next time they're on to get some tips.

This doesn't apply when you were your best at the game before this forum was even made.

That's when you hope you had taken a lot of screenshots in the past like I did. I have my first ever SS screenshotted along with so many random other things.

I just noticed the patch notes for the PP algorithm says that aim is being taken slightly less into account and accuracy more. Well, that screws me over, a person who practices his aim over all else.

Dunno how good of a map it will be, but I'm trying! I'll talk to Yume next time they're on to get some tips.

That's when you hope you had taken a lot of screenshots in the past like I did. I have my first ever SS screenshotted along with so many random other things.

I just noticed the patch notes for the PP algorithm says that aim is being taken slightly less into account and accuracy more. Well, that screws me over, a person who practices his aim over all else.

I've been playing since 2010, but I only play songs I like and ignore the overall global ranking system. If I don't like a song / find a map fun, I won't do it. And I personally think most of the insane maps are just made hard without much reason.

I've been playing since 2010, but I only play songs I like and ignore the overall global ranking system. If I don't like a song / find a map fun, I won't do it. And I personally think most of the insane maps are just made hard without much reason.

^Best Fuwa playerrrrrr~

I WANT PPV1 BACK. THEM GOOD TIMES WHEN I ONLY PLAYED HDDT HARDS </3 Now I'm stuck bring underranked and being to lazy to find 170-180pp maps hahaha....that's quite sad. I'm never going to get 4,5k pp back, it's impossibruuuuu

EDIT: Wait, I had 5k pp, not 4,5! MY MEMORIES ARE STARTING TO FADE AWAYYYYY

Well hello Osu! Players.

Oh, and prepare for countless amounts of rage. It's a side effect of playing Osu! There is no getting away from it. And if you ever get the notion, join the people of catch the beat as well. We are always recruiting.

Honey Syrup? :o

Yep!

I'm getting there. Insanes are so much fun!

ETgxlfm.png

Also, I'll be updating my guide tomorrow. About to go to sleep now. But yeah, my previous methods didn't really amount to anything more than farming and didn't have enough focus on completion. My new guide should cover most of those downfalls. It'll also offer a lot more flexibility and a wider range of difficulties, so there will be a lot less grinding to get PP. I'm still thinking up ways to work out the kinks, but it's much better than what I started off with.

Well, that first attempt at mapping came off as a disaster, Yume said it was pretty bad (without using those words). So I guess it's back to the beginning for me :P

If I pay for supporter once, will I keep access to my userpage, or does it go away/lose access to it after the supporter runs out?

I'm sorry if this question has already been asked before, but what should I set my mouse sensitivity to? Do I set it to a lower speed so that I can be more accurate, or do I set it high so that I can move it faster? I can't seem to find my optimum mouse sensitivity, so I'm thinking of getting used to either a lower or a higher speed.   

I'm sorry if this question has already been asked before, but what should I set my mouse sensitivity to? Do I set it to a lower speed so that I can be more accurate, or do I set it high so that I can move it faster? I can't seem to find my optimum mouse sensitivity, so I'm thinking of getting used to either a lower or a higher speed.

I can't remember what I did, but I just set a sensitivity I felt I could be accurate with while still being fast without using too much wrist movement (my wrists aren't the best), and then I just got used to it. I think I had it set to 1.6, but the new raw input setting works extremely well for the game and wasn't there when I used a mouse. I haven't used a mouse in about a year, so I don't remember too well :(

And here's my updated guide. Putting it under a spoiler due to massiveness. I'm really happy with how it turned out!

Beatmap Organization:
Low PR: C
Mid PR: B-A (less than 50% FC)
High PR: A-S (more than 50% FC, or S)
Accuracy: FC'd maps with less than 95% acc and below S.
1 Mod: HR
2 Mod: HR+HD
2.5 Mod: HR+DT
3 Mod: HR+HD+DT
Borderline Mastered: 97% with all 3 mods
Mastered: 100% with all 3 mods
Graveyard: Maps you don't like
D Category: No rank
F Category: No rank; higher difficulty

Basically, these categories will be organized into collections based on your performance for the map. Whenever you complete a song, you'll want to assign it to a collection. If you ever improve your performance to one that fits a higher category, remove it from the old one and place it in the new one. It may take some time to sort these all out, but it's worth taking the time to do so. It reduces the amount of scrolling you need to do when using my training methods and helps to not have to look over the details of the map to make sure they fit in the right category. This training method puts a certain emphasis on minuscule details, so you'll want to identify these details as easily as possible.

Now, while deletion is always an option for the ones you don't like, it can be a little annoying when you're in a multi and can't do the map because the difficulty isn't there. But yeah, if you don't like the song or the mapping doesn't feel right to you, don't play it! If you keep it out of the other categories, then the only time you'll come across it will be with the Cookie-Cutter Method One-Week Method. But those methods don't use repetition, so it shouldn't be too bad. If nothing else, keeping a mental note of it for those instances will also help.

You do not need to make a collection of maps that don't have a rank (it'd take way too long). Categories D and F are just there for easy reference. Let's say your current proficiency is to FC maps on a 3-star difficulty. If there are 3-star beatmaps that you haven't been able to complete, those would be D category. F category would be similar, but they'd be in the 4-star difficulty instead. Also, as a general rule of thumb, you do not want to go into difficulties that are 2 stars higher than your current Category D. Since they'd be really difficult to keep up with, you'll just be swinging your mouse around (or swaying your pen) trying to hit this beat and that beat. This doesn't help to improve your playstyle, develop your aim, or better your accuracy. At best, the difficulty below it will seem slightly slower, but you'll still have a hard time with them. Now that's not to say they won't improve you (I've actually gained a lot by doing those maps in multis with maef), but they won't always be the most ideal way to get better.

sXY8W27l.png

Training:
In order to keep training from being too linear, there will be 4 different methods for improving both skill and performance. I've found that using one straightforward method for training has been everything but effective, so I'll be adding a little bit of a twist to increase its potency. You'll want to follow this training in this order: Ascend > Descend > Cookie-Cutter >One-Week. One method may take a lot more time to complete than others, but you don't necessarily need to complete any of these in just a single session. However, you'll want to start new sessions from the very beginning of the category you left off in. Like say you started to Ascension Method and went to Mid PR for your stopped playing. You'll want to go back to doing the hardest song on Mid PR until you meet the completion criteria for it. This does not apply to Cookie-Cutter or One-Week since they don't utilize categories.

Completion Criteria:
(Ascend/Descend Method)
F Category: complete song
D Category: complete song
Low PR: get a B
Mid PR: get an A and 50% FC
High PR: get an FC
Accuracy: achieve 95% and S
1 Mod: 95% with HR
2 Mod: 95% with HR+HD
2.5 Mod: 95% with HR+DT
3 Mod: 97% with HR+HD+DT
Borderline Mastered: 100% with HR+HD+DT

Ascend Method:
The idea here is to play the hardest songs from the lowest category and work your way to the higher ones. Since this method is heavily performance-based, it may require the greatest amount of time if you don't perform that well in Osu. Make sure the game is set to sort by difficulty, and start from the very bottom of each category. If you don't meet the completion criteria as shown above, you'll want to go to the next map in that category and skip maps according to the chart below. Once you've met the criteria for a map, move on to the next category and work your way up from the hardest songs in that category. Also, for F and D Category, if the map you skip to is one that you've completed, do the next song after it that hasn't been completed.

The skip percentage is basically there to keep this method from being too slow. The value of the percentage will determined by the number of songs in the collection (since players will generally have various numbers of maps downloaded). Let's take F Category as an example. Right now, I have 290 maps in 4-star difficulty, so I'd want to skip 5 maps to play the 6th in that difficulty. Since the maps will be sorted by difficulty, it'll get progressively easier to complete these maps. Now for maps that are organized in a personal collection (like Low PR), the percentage will be based on the number of maps in that collection rather than the number of stars for that difficulty.

There will be a limit on how many times you want to retry a map. The aim of this guide is to put in as little grind as possible and getting the most points you can from that. Next to the number of retries, you'll see a pre-requisite for the retry. If you don't meet it, you'll want to move on to the next map. Some repetition will be necessary for progression, but it should be controlled in order to prevent repetition sickness. The only category that will have excessive farming will be Borderline Mastered. It's damn near impossible to get an SS with 3 mods without putting in a lot of time, but the points are worth it, and it'll help to sharpen your sense of accuracy in the long run. But to keep grinding to a bare minimum, you will only be working on one map in this category. When you get to this phase in the cycle again, you'll want to try the same map you did in the last cycle if you weren't able to SS it in the last run.

F Category: Skip 2%, no retries
D Category: Skip 1%, 1 retry (make it halfway through)
Low PR: Skip 1%, 1 retry (no fail)
Mid PR: Skip 2%, 2 retries (25% FC)
High PR: Skip 0%, 3 retries (25% FC)
Accuracy: Skip 1%, 3 retries (75% FC)
1 Mod: Skip 0%, 1 retry (complete the song) -- 2 retries (75% FC)
2 Mod: Skip 1%, 3 retries (75% FC)
2.5 Mod: Skip 0%, 1 retry (complete the song) -- 2 retries (75% FC)
3 Mod: Skip 0%, 3 retries (75% FC)
Borderline Mastered: 1 map only, 20 retries* (no pre-requisets)
*After 5 attempts, do a random map in the 3 mod category to help repetition sickness.

Descend Method:
The structure will be a little similar to the Ascend Method, but in reverse. As with the prior method, this one will still have an emphasis on performance. In each category, you'll be working your way down from highest categories and doing the easiest maps in each category. Since this method starts right after Ascend, Descend will not include Borderline Mastered, so you'll be starting with 3 Mod. As with Ascend, make sure the game is set to sort by difficulty for this method. Since these maps won't be as much of a performance measure, you won't be skipping any of them. Rather, you'll be working on multiple maps from each category until you've hit a progression wall for that category. In this method, you will always be replaying a map up to 3 times. If you aren't able to complete the easiest map in the category (usually happens with 1 Mod and 2.5 Mod), keep going until you run into a map where you can. If you get to the last map in that category without completing anything (deadbeat), go to the next category.

No retry: Do the next map
1 retry: Do the next map
2 retries: Do the next map if this one jumps by two categories*, or go to the next category**
3 retries: Go to the next category**
*If you upgrade a Low PR to a High PR, Mid to Accuracy, etc.
**Before going to the next category, play two extra maps with 3 repetitions.

Cookie-Cutter Method:
There's almost no structure to this at all, but it is important. Basically, you'll just be playing random maps in the difficulty that you have your F category set to. And to give this method a little more jazz, use title or date added as an alternative to sorting by difficulty! You won't be limited to maps you haven't completed, so you'll be doing songs you have and haven't completed. This method will put an emphasis on skill, so you will not be doing any repetitions on any maps. Use this method until you've reached a certain point in time for the One-Week Method.

One-Week Method:
If this is your first time using this method (or you've taken a long break from Osu), you'll want to do all the songs that fall under or lie beyond the Last Week collection under the Recently Played tab. If it's been exactly one week since you last used this method, do every song that falls under the Last Week collection. Make sure the game is set to sort by difficulty for this method. Basically, you'll be playing the hardest maps in the designated time collections and working your way to the easiest. Since this training cycle will have you doing a wide range of difficulties, you'll want to start with hardest map that you have completed and work your way down until you don't see any maps with a C. This will eliminate the maps that were too hard to do in the previous methods and the maps that were easy enough to do with mods while maintaining a fair degree of challenge. This will put a little more emphasis on performance than the Cookie-Cutter Method, but it'll still be heavily focused on developing your skill. This will also help to advance your playstyle since it'll have you working on the songs you weren't able to do in the previous methods. This will also add a greater element of completion to the overall training.

I think that just about covers it. Because this training style is so complex, it may be possible that I've missed an explanation or two, so be sure to point them out! I'll also be working improving this training as I use it more frequently. Hoping to work out the kinks in the One-Week Method since it feels a little messy to me.

I really do believe that structured gameplay is the way to go in Osu. Once you start getting in the grove of things, it does get seriously fun as compared to playing the usual way.

Edit: Corrected math error in Ascend Method. I should probably avoid writing guides after a 10-hour work shift...

Values like 10% and 20% will be changed to 1% and 2%.

And my 1-miss venture continues.

BG image is slightly NSFW

9VJKH.jpg

Huh, I was just aiming for an A rank on this song because I assumed I would miss notes but then this happened. The one time I am expecting 1 miss I don't get it (slider breaks like crazy, but whatever]

9VNfy.jpg