Gmail passwords leaked

Darklord Rooke

with all these hacking and leaking passwords and pictures on the internet

by hackers

seriously i dont know what they are proud of or trying to accomplish

i mean they are showing they have completely no social life whatsoever

i mean if a guy hacks a satellite to reflect the sunrays as a form of a death beam from concentrated heat from the sun's rays... and use it to shoot at Pyongyang and destroying Pyongyang in the process...

That would be an achievement of hacking

if group of hackers somehow hack wallstreet and destroy the stock market input for 24 hours

THAT would be an achievement

heck! if a group of hackers hack the 911 phone line and disrupt mobile communication and stopped internet and phone lines and put New York city in the dark at the same time letting an invasion of vampires take over New York City. 

THAT WOULD BE AN ACHIEVEMENT!

It is NOT a leak of gmail password.

I found one of my google addresses but it is actually not a list of gmail passwords but passwords from random sites, for me it was a site daz3d where I was downloading some free 3d models when I was learning 3d modeling like... 8 years ago or so... and it required registration to download the models. And the leaked password is the same one I put there 8 years ago xD

Another password I used with this email also leaked about a month ago and that one is not in this bunch, but I did receive notification from the accounts that someone was trying to login from somewhere else, I used it for about 3 websites and I got the notification from some random microsoft account where I used the same simple pass since it was for something like MSN messanger or something that I don't really care about. But it seemed like some microsoft leak that wasn't really published anywhere so there was no articles about it.

But yeah, as long as you don't use the same password and email combination everywhere, problems like these shouldn't hurt you much. I usually use the same password for low-value sites where I don't care if it gets hacked (random forums where I just need to reg to view links, random giveaway websites for beta keys etc), for sites I actually care about I create an unique password and I would advise you to do the same.

Just make complicated passwords out of things you can remember. I attach my library card number on to basic passwords to add complexity and stuff all the time (14 digits). I used 9029 as a pin for a while since pins have a limited number of digits it accepts. Another password I use is the password my account at the first place I worked was assigned, as it was a pretty well made password and memorable. 

I don't use it personally but that's because I'm old fashioned, a pessimist and I don't like machines doing what I can do myself. Machines can fail. So if I was to go down that route I'd use https://www.random.org/passwords/ to generate strong passwords, keep a record of them on paper, and store that record in a book safe. But that's not going overboard at all...

Keepass is supposed to be good, and I haven't heard anything bad said about it. Zhurai gives a good explanation on why it's safe.