Diablo III

Tatsujin

No thread for this game? ...

So patch 2.0 was so sweet and few months after that it died down a bit. It pushed the game from 'crap' to 'amazing'. Now patch 2.1.0 adds a lot of fun plus seasoned players (ladders, basically). Fresh start, seasoned loot only, greater rifts (woot!) and new tweaks. They've buffed the Barbs a bit so I'm happy about that.

Who else is playing this?

omfg this game is addicting ... ;_;

Can you give some examples that make Diablo III worth playing now? This is someone who outright avoided buying it because of the frightening reviews. 

Just load it up and play seasonal. Or go back to your old characters. Diablo III 2.x is not the same as it was before. It's a whole new game. This is how they should have released it.

It's actually good now.

Got my Mirrorball (after about 3000 blood shards) yesterday and immediately upgraded from T4 to T5. A wizard build that doesn't really use arcane power is just silly.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nayleen-1776/hero/36626911 (Passives are Unwavering Will, Blur, Evocation and Conflagraton normally, I was farming bounties yesterday)

Farming for Leoric's Crown (25% CDR through a diamond) and Firehawk shoulders and pants now, probably replacing my Cindercloak with Vyr's chest piece afterwards for an easy +1000 int through double 2 piece set bonuses. And a proper necklace, obviously...

Guest sakanaとkoeda

I played the ps3 demo. It reminded me of Dark Alliance but with up to 4 player co-op :D

I might just wait for the updated version to drop in price before diving in.

Thanks for the reminder.

Dark Alliance 1 and 2 were still way superior, pretty much alongside D2, which still has a ton more customization options.

Diablo 3 also suffers from terrible balancing issues, with classes being entirely subpar, ludicrously op, or pigeonholed into certain builds (which can take a shit ton of time to farm).

Nayleen, are you seasonal or normal?

I'm steamrolling T5 like a boss. My gear is totally bad. It's made for pure frenzy attacks and I just recently rebuilt my skills into WW/Leapquake and it's insanely powerful. I can add frenzy in but I'd have to replace furious charge and it's way too fun to replace furious charge.

character.

Going to try to build a cold set since leapquake with cold quake is overpowered and it'll make things easier in T6. I also want to find a good suitable grad ring with a socket and replace the leoric' ring .. I already have few but they're no good. Unity ring is like 'permanent' since my templar has that relic which makes him immune to death with a unity ring. Plus, he stun locks a lot of enemies (check the combination of gear I put on him). Yeah ... if anything, I want the 3 piece IK set, that would put me at 75% permanent dmg reduction with Ancients lmao!!

That's some amazing synergy you have there, you're also completely undervaluing your weapons if you're telling me your gear would be totally bad.

Low sheet DPS != Low actual DPS, especially with that many procs and gimmicks built into the class / set bonuses.

Wizards are passive-laden, squishy one trick ponies in comparison. Doesn't help that I reforged the wrong stat on my now useless Ring of Royal Grandeur (I don't use it to gain any set bonuses anymore) just to get that gem in there, which is an absolutely massive DPS boost (apart from the BH->Meteor combo pretty much a straight up 1:1 DPS increase), unfortunately. No high weapon % skills to make up for it either.

Good thing is that once I get that gem to level 25 I'll have massive self-healing, which will be a much needed game changer.

• 5 months later...

So season 2 started a few days ago, is anyone playing? I am, and playing the OP Monk. Currently at the point where I can roll over T6, just need to grind out a few more items to really get up higher in rifts, like I need Unity, and a Torch to finish up a lightning build, and then a Furnace and Cindercoat for a more fire-based build. Then try to replace a few of my weakest items, like my Sunwuko amulet and my Grandeur ring. It's fun fun though, for the moment. At least until new games come out on the 27th. :P

Can I join? Kelebek#1263

Just found out that greater rifts exp is multiplicative, not additive, so all +exp gear times your exp gain, not just add to it. So greater rifts give huuuge paragon level exp. Need to do it in a group to be efficient though, since you're weaker with exp gear, and the exp bonus is real nice in a group anyway. No one in public games do greater rifts at all, it's just tier 1 then they all leave. Wanna grind dem paragon levels yo!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...