Recommendations for a newbie

FriendlyPanda

Hello people I am pretty new to the whole visual novel scene and I was wonder if there are some must play games. It would be awesome if the games have allot of choices and are a bit on the mature side not to much sexual content though. The only games I have played are clannad and  grisaia no kajitsu. Gnk was a great game but maybe thats just because its one of the only games i have played :P so if there are any recommendations it would be awesome to see what to play. 

Definitely Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime. Don't let the fact that Tsukihime is a bit on the older side dissuade you from playing it, it's awesome.

edit:Also there's an intro sub forum if you want to make yourself known to the community.

G-senjou no Maou was what got me into visual novels. I followed that up with Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo a game that I ended up liking even better. Those two games are usually the first to spring to my mind when someone wants just a general recommendation.

You also have Fate/stay night, Ever17, and Steins;Gate. All considered top tier visual novels and will come largely and highly recommended.

If you want quite the major time sink there is also the Muv Luv series. You have Muv Luv and Muv Luv Alternative. Most people have trouble stomaching the quality of Extra and Unlimited, but a lot of people will insist that it's important to read them before you read Alternative.

I'm  going to give 'Fate/Stay Night' a try just got done downloading it :D I'll also give 'Tsukihime' a try. as for G-senjou no Maou I just got done downloading that as well xD I'm most likely going to download all the ones you guys just recommended haha its pretty easy for me to like things so ill give them all a shot :D 

Decay if you don't mind me asking what are 'stickies'?

Decay if you don't mind me asking what are 'stickies'?

He's referring to the topics 50 translated VNs you should read before you die and Recommendation - READ BEFORE ASKING threads found posted at the top of this very forum.

A stickied topic are topics that are deemed important enough to have pinned top the top of the forum so that they're always on the front page.

OH okay thank you nohman :D

I didn't see the Recommendation - READ BEFORE ASKING  whoops :P

Don't worry about that.

By the way, I highly suggest reading G-Senjou no Maou once it finishes downloading, especially if you like a good story! All the twists... all the trickery... 

Also there's an intro sub forum if you want to make yourself known to the community.

Pfff, you don't need introductions here. At least, I didn't do so... (Maybe that's why no one acknowledges me...)

G-senjou no Maou was what got me into visual novels. I followed that up with Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo a game that I ended up liking even better. Those two games are usually the first to spring to my mind when someone wants just a general recommendation.

You also have Fate/stay night, Ever17, and Steins;Gate. All considered top tier visual novels and will come largely and highly recommended.

If you want quite the major time sink there is also the Muv Luv series. You have Muv Luv and Muv Luv Alternative. Most people have trouble stomaching the quality of Extra and Unlimited, but a lot of people will insist that it's important to read them before you read Alternative.

Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo and Wind-a breath of heart- and good places to start too. Yume Miru Kusuri - A Drug That Makes You Dream is nice but it's a bit on the dark side so if you do start make sure you have some Charmin ultra soft for those tears. <-( product placement level: Micheal Bay)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...