What's your favourite type of heroine?

Mr Poltroon

Lets see...classic tsunderes, modern tsunderes, mayaderes, yanderes, cooderes/kuuderes, derederes, kamideres, danderes, himideres, underes, kanederes, bakaderes, hajideres...and those were just the ones I could find.  Some of 'em might be random words shoved together with no real popular usage, though.

Lets see...classic tsunderes, modern tsunderes, mayaderes, yanderes, cooderes/kuuderes, derederes, kamideres, danderes, himideres, underes, kanederes, bakaderes, hajideres...and those were just the ones I could find.  Some of 'em might be random words shoved together with no real popular usage, though.

feel like 1 is missing but might be just me

but, ultimately, what i mean is i like jealous, possessive girls, cos they make me feel important and sometimes excited

Even if I wanted to say no, I have to confess that I also have interest in those types of heroine. Also be careful of intentional double posts.

I’ve managed to become slightly more discerning regarding this question since the last time this topic rolled around.

I think more than anything else, I’ve come to enjoy heroines you might describe as difficult women. Trait wise I’m meaning things like characters who exhibit jealousy and insecurity and who are demanding, needy, or greedy. Put into plain words, the above sounds a little twisted, but that’s just the sort of flavor that I like I guess. 2D or otherwise.

Naturally this extends to the archetypes that you might describe as difficult – kuudere, tsundere, and yandere. It also touches on the bookish, shy sorts of characters too. Basically, I like characters that that the protagonist has to either fight for, struggle to build affection with, or work to maintain a relationship with.

Inversely, I’m also particularly fond of strong willed, well put together heroines. Things like big sisters types, upper classmen, and especially older women.

The first type I was explicitly drawn to when I started reading VNs were childhood friend characters. It’s tired and well used, but I like the already present familiarity and sappy shit that accompanies all that.

I’ve managed to become slightly more discerning regarding this question since the last time this topic rolled around.

I think more than anything else, I’ve come to enjoy heroines you might describe as difficult women. Trait wise I’m meaning things like characters who exhibit jealousy and insecurity and who are demanding, needy, or greedy. Put into plain words, the above sounds a little twisted, but that’s just the sort of flavor that I like I guess. 2D or otherwise.

Naturally this extends to the archetypes that you might describe as difficult – kuudere, tsundere, and yandere. It also touches on the bookish, shy sorts of characters too. Basically, I like characters that that the protagonist has to either fight for, struggle to build affection with, or work to maintain a relationship with.

Inversely, I’m also particularly fond of strong willed, well put together heroines. Things like big sisters types, upper classmen, and especially older women.

The first type I was explicitly drawn to when I started reading VNs were childhood friend characters. It’s tired and well used, but I like the already present familiarity and sappy shit that accompanies all that.

I happen to agree in what you said, but in addition to all those traits I like when, for whatever reason, they are deredere, like really deredere all loveydovey and stuff.

no yandere

i meant like reverse rape

Also be careful of intentional double posts.

Yeah you really should. Moderators here care quite a lot about intentional double posting (from experience from when I first joined this forum last week)

Edit: If you want to add something, do this. Also if it is accidental, you should add in the second one that it was accidental. Then problem solved.

Pure-hearted deredere, dandere to prop up and raise her self-esteem, classic tsundere. No matter what: The dere part is important, they need to (if they can because she used to be kuu- or tsun-) turn sweet and fall hard for the MC. I'm a sucker for that pure, pure love.

I usually like the ones with a dark and troubled past, specially one that makes me pity her, and have an extreme desire to help her.

But as for the personality, here it goes:

1. Tsundere

I love these! But they have to be serious, not comedic. I like when they ignore me and make it clear that they hate me. Bonus if they shout and hit me. I prefer the Classic type.

habane-kotori-211554.jpg

2. Dandere

Because they are shy. The less they speak the more I like them. I dislike outgoing heroines with many friends. Bonus if they are bookworms.

Mio_Beach.jpg

3. Kouhai

I find them easier to interact than senpais. I like to help and take care of them, specially if they're kawaii. Bonus if they're food-lovers!

Sizuru.png

4. Loli

It depends on the loli. If she's smart or outgoing, NOPE. If she's naïve and shy, YES!!! Bonus if they're badass.

Tina-Sprout-Black-Bullet-episode-5.jpg

5. Deredere

Kawaiiiiiiiiiiiii!!! They are so cute... I don't resist! Bonus if they cry very easily.

himegi-hotaru-228790.jpg

Now, the ones I don't like.

1. Imouto

I am not a fan of these, because usually this involves unrequited love (at first), and I don't like when this comes from the protag (feels like I'm the loser or something like that). And when it comes from her, I like it just at some special cases, because I don't want to date a loser in love too. And, the relationship of sibling feels boring to me, because they've known each other for many years...

2. Osananajimi

Basically, the same reasons of imouto.

3. Kuudere

In my opinion, they are... Boring. That coldness and lack of emotions makes it feel like they are empty.

4. Senpai

I don't like the idea of loving someone above me. Senpais are off my limits. It's like I can't approach them because I will always be a fool compared to them.