Fuwanovel Podcast (Fuwacast) Official Thread

OriginalRen

All right everyone, let's start working on the podcast.

My birthday is over and now that the Rakuen giveaway is complete I have time to start working on the podcast again. That isn't to say I wasn't working on it, as I was emailing many of the special guests I was hoping would appear in later episodes. That being said, I have some good news! 2 of the writers from Katawa Shoujo have agreed to join me for an episode to discuss what it takes to actually make a VN, while Koestl and Insem (Grisaia and Hoshizora respectively) have also agreed to appear on the translation episode. I am still working on getting a few more guests for each, but I am pretty excited for these.

But now, what matters most! I will be emailing the groups for each episode with a PM in order to setup a time for each episode. Please keep in mind it does not matter when we record it, so long as it gets done and is an efficient time for everyone. With that, let's get this show rolling!

Edit: I have sent a PM to all the respective episode groups. Let me know what times work for all of you.

I just wanted to ask if it was possible to download the episodes on the new website. And i just downloaded ep 2 from podbean, and i wanted to download the rest and don't know how :(

Soundcloud has a 2 hour upload limit, unless you pay for a subscription. The Mixcloud account I use has no upload limit and allows you to use any audio clip without copyright issues, however you aren't able to download them for that purpose. If someone wants to teach me how to put all the episodes into a zip file, I can upload them for download.

Soundcloud has a 2 hour upload limit, unless you pay for a subscription. The Mixcloud account I use has no upload limit and allows you to use any audio clip without copyright issues, however you aren't able to download them for that purpose. If someone wants to teach me how to put all the episodes into a zip file, I can upload them for download.

Don't you upload them on youtube ?

I used to, but since they aren't videos and are just audio, it seems a little odd to continue doing that. I will ask a friend how to upload a podcast to iTunes.

It is a little odd but it's much more accessible that way.

You can just put a background (whatever, some Kancolle or Kagerou girl ;) ) and a title saying podcast n°X.

And then you can create a playlist on your account and link it in the OP.

It is a little odd but it's much more accessible that way.

You can just put a background (whatever, some Kancolle or Kagerou girl ;) ) and a title saying podcast n°X.

And then you can create a playlist on your account and link it in the OP.

How do you change the background of the video? I know you change the thumbnail being used but I didn't know you can add a background.

You can use a video editor. There's Movie Maker set up my default on Windows.

Just but a background image and add the sound track above it.

I'm not used to this either but it shouldn't be too hard.

And you can upload this both on your channel and on the fuwa channel when it's done.

You can use a video editor. There's Movie Maker set up my default on Windows.

Just but a background image and add the sound track above it.

I'm not used to this either but it shouldn't be too hard.

And you can upload this both on your channel and on the fuwa channel when it's done.

I'll check it out.

It's nothing important really, but it's just a matter of convenience.

Most of the people know how to use youtube and this way we can easily regroup the podcasts in a playlist.

Sure, what Babiker said. If you need anyone to video edit for you, I could happily do that. Still, making this video should be so super-simple, it would almost be better if you learn how to do it yourself, so that you don't have to rely on me for future episodes. If you need any help figuring out windows movie maker, you can always ask me.

("Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime", and all that.)

Also, would it be possible to upload that mp3s to appbox?

https://app.box.com/

Episodes 6 and 7 are set for recording this Tuesday. See the OP for the times, and look forward to an upload. I am currently working on uploading the podcast to YouTube as well as making an iTunes podcast for free download. Hopefully when I finish episodes 4 and 5 I can look into that.

You should totally add subtitles if you want to make it more video like.

Or if you want to take it up a notch add characters for each person speaking.

But that'd take more effort.

You can do audio uploads and then work on the video a bit more instead of just using YouTube for audio. If you're just going to add a background to an audio file it's better to just stick with audio only services. It's simpler too.

In my opinion if you want to use YouTube it should have some features of a video. Even if it's just a slideshow of pictures it's still something.

Just some random rambling, of course you do whatever you want :)

You should totally add subtitles if you want to make it more video like.

Or if you want to take it up a notch add characters for each person speaking.

But that'd take more effort.

You can do audio uploads and then work on the video a bit more instead of just using YouTube for audio. If you're just going to add audio or a background it's better toj0 just stick with audio only services. It's simpler too.

In my opinion if you want to use YouTube it should have one features of a video. Even if it's just a slideshow of pictures it's still something.

Just some random rambling, of course you do whatever you want :)

Honestly, all I really want to do is upload them to iTunes for a free download with a password or something. If someone wants to throw them on their Mp3 player, or just have them on their computer, it works.

Honestly, all I really want to do is upload them to iTunes for a free download with a password or something. If someone wants to throw them on their Mp3 player, or just have them on their computer, it works.

Yeah that sounds good.

If you're not going to make an actual video YouTube becomes pointless in my opinion.

It's easier to access audio through other methods

I strongly disagree with not putting them on youtube, it's a well-known and reliable service in most cases. The familiarity factor is a thing. I've never used itunes, maybe I'm in the minority there w.

Yup, I agree, I also never use Itunes.

Nah I don't use iTunes either. I'd prefer some audio service over youtube for this personally though.

Sure I won't deny youtube is a known medium but you're just uploading audio so it's kind of pointless if you don't have a video with something, even if it's pretty pictures.

Though nothing wrong if you do chose to upload them to youtube, more mediums = more widespread. Theoretically.