Love Live! School Idol Festival Thread

Nosebleed

Actually, the way the game works is quite decent - it doesn't rely on constant internet connection; the only thing the games needs connection for is to mainly send a receive information from the servers; it happens between the screens and there's even an icon indicator in the top right corner that tells you when the game tries to connect with the servers. It does need a permament connection to send the information, but if you happen to come onto issues, you can basically leave the game up after it fails to send data to the server and wait till your connection is back. You won't lose anything that way.

If you're worried it might take a while, just plug your device to the charger so the battery won't die beforehand; I know certain android devices can sometimes automatically close/restart applications as it's connected with their system and memory management, but if that happens you can force the screen to always remain on, instead going into sleep.

I realized now I could have tried leaving it on all night in hopes of the score sending.

Sadly there were 2 factos stopping me: 

1 I didn't know it would send data again if it reconnect, osu doesn't for example.

and 2, and most decisive, I was completely pissed after it happened to think of a decent plan.

Again, it's all in the past, I need to make up for it now with effort :P

But I'll definitely bet on leaving it on all night if it happens again.

Actually, the way the game works is quite decent - it doesn't rely on constant internet connection; the only thing the games needs connection for is to mainly send a receive information from the servers; it happens between the screens and there's even an icon indicator in the top right corner that tells you when the game tries to connect with the servers. It does need a permament connection to send the information, but if you happen to come onto issues, you can basically leave the game up after it fails to send data to the server and wait till your connection is back. You won't lose anything that way.

That aspect of the game is something I appreciate a lot as well.

But what if the game asks you to restart because it failed to send the data over? Do I have to restart the app at this point or will getting back my internet connection fix it?

But what if the game asks you to restart because it failed to send the data over? Do I have to restart the app at this point or will getting back my internet connection fix it?

It doesn't.

It just says "Connecting" and won't stop until you connect again.

The only moment it says for you to restart is if you try to start the app with no internet connection.

If you're finishing a song with no internet connection it will just say connecting until you get connection back. And if you're trying to play a song with no connection it won't let you play.

Look what I stumbled across. I thought the hold notes on Wild Stars was bad but this is on an entirely different level 

:mellow:  I don't think i can even make it through the 1st 30 seconds.

I'm getting depressed here as I see the cutoff for event song ranking rank 200 rising from 171k to 181k in just a few days. Worried that I might not make the top 200...

I don't think the game will prompt you to restart the app, it only does so during maintenance/after applying a patch. You'll only get a message to retry the connection again which you can do so after getting back the internet.

I don't think the game will prompt you to restart the app, it only does so during maintenance/after applying a patch. You'll only get a message to retry the connection again which you can do so after getting back the internet.

It doesn't.

It just says "Connecting" and won't stop until you connect again.

The only moment it says for you to restart is if you try to start the app with no internet connection.

If you're finishing a song with no internet connection it will just say connecting until you get connection back. And if you're trying to play a song with no connection it won't let you play.

Eh... I surely can't be the only person who's experienced this. Every time my connection dies after I finish a song, it immediately says "Transmission Error. Please restart app". 

I've only ever gotten the "Connecting" message once and I can't even remember when but it definitely wasn't after a song.

If you get the connection error message, you can safely leave the game on and it will send the data again when the connection will be back. It works. As long as the client doesn't close, it will work.

The game has one pro in this case; although it might feel like an issue on the behalf of the development team, the game has no means of allowing to be shut down - you need to do it manually through system manager, otherwise it always stays up working in the background, just like your average mmo client. The game will always remain running as long as the user wishes, it doesn't turn itself off in case of system prompts. That's a huge plus in case of random connection hickups.

Of course, a lot depends on the system and device as well. Systems on certain devices are sometimes manually redesigned by manufacturers and might work differently in certain cases, but in overall you can always leave the game running in the background and it should never be shut down by the system.

Eh... I surely can't be the only person who's experienced this. Every time my connection dies after I finish a song, it immediately says "Transmission Error. Please restart app". 

I've only ever gotten the "Connecting" message once and I can't even remember when but it definitely wasn't after a song.

That's weird, I've never gotten that message before. It always prompts me to retry the connection. Might be due to playing the games on different platforms I guess. I'm playing on iPhone, could be different for Android users

Ah I've heard about EX songs.. I really want to try them. 

I've also seen some expert difficulty ones. I  can't even.

I hope they have Mahoutsukai Hajimemashita, it's my favorite Nico song.

Weird.

I get that when I start the app without connection but during the songs it just says connecting forever after I finish a song and the connection drops midway.

If you get the connection error message, you can safely leave the game on and it will send the data again when the connection will be back. It works. As long as the client doesn't close, it will work.

Thanks so much for the info! It'll save me the frustration every time my internet decides to off itself.

That's weird, I've never gotten that message before. It always prompts me to retry the connection. Might be due to playing the games on different platforms I guess. I'm playing on iPhone, could be different for Android users

Could be that reason. But I'm playing on an iPad though, so we're not too far apart in terms of platform (I think).

Woah a lot of repies since I last looked.

I realized now I could have tried leaving it on all night in hopes of the score sending.

Sadly there were 2 factos stopping me: 

1 I didn't know it would send data again if it reconnect, osu doesn't for example.

and 2, and most decisive, I was completely pissed after it happened to think of a decent plan.

Again, it's all in the past, I need to make up for it now with effort :P

But I'll definitely bet on leaving it on all night if it happens again.

Osu will send data if it fails as long as you didn't close the game. I was disconnected from the internet for like 10min after clearing a song, when it finally started working again, my score appeared another ~10min later.

Look what I stumbled across. I thought the hold notes on Wild Stars was bad but this is on an entirely different level 

:mellow:  I don't think i can even make it through the 1st 30 seconds.

I'm getting depressed here as I see the cutoff for event song ranking rank 200 rising from 171k to 181k in just a few days. Worried that I might not make the top 200...

That's fucking intense... ~:33 looks like a ton of fun though :D

The game has one pro in this case; although it might feel like an issue on the behalf of the development team, the game has no means of allowing to be shut down - you need to do it manually through system manager, otherwise it always stays up working in the background, just like your average mmo client. The game will always remain running as long as the user wishes, it doesn't turn itself off in case of system prompts. That's a huge plus in case of random connection hickups.

Of course, a lot depends on the system and device as well. Systems on certain devices are sometimes manually redesigned by manufacturers and might work differently in certain cases, but in overall you can always leave the game running in the background and it should never be shut down by the system.

My phone randomly closes the app when I don't have it active for a certain amount of time, and sometimes it just insta-ends it when I go to the home screen.

eh... just saw the expert mode video clip, found out thats nothing member effect cg pop out... Juz going to off it in setting... 

Its quiet make the notes harder to see all da way till today  :unsure:

I had that setting off since I started playing with a few rares since one of the first things I did on the game was check the settings so I already knew of it.

Woah a lot of repies since I last looked.

Osu will send data if it fails as long as you didn't close the game. I was disconnected from the internet for like 10min after clearing a song, when it finally started working again, my score appeared another ~10min later.

Weird :(

I tried the same and it didn't send. My best score is still in the local rankings but it was never sent to the official ranking.

Don't know what happened.

That means Nico loves me while Maki despises me, because I've gotten Nico 8 times and still a disgruntled member of the #Nomakifaction.

And I'm getting close.

qiVR5ML.png

1 good was on something stupid earlier on, the last 2 on those sliders at the end, the ones that end before the next note (dunno why, I always drop the first couple of them)

And that huge number of greats, I really suck at this game compared to other games :P

Then Honoka must adore me. I keep seeing her cards. I have a Honoka in ever team.

I can already FC Wild Stars without much effort and last time I got 237 event points at the event song, that's the most I've ever had.

I forget to check how many greats I had though.

Yeah, it's already certain. If you're feeling seriously about this event, it won't be possible to keep up without using stones. It's only the third day and there's seven left, but the stream of people going up above my constantly improving score is increasing rapidly. It's definately going to be though and I bet that most clever and dedicated players will wait till the final day and grind till the very end by constantly refilling their LP.

I'm going to check whether I'll be able to keep up; if not, I'm just going to give up and focus on more important things. I could get stones from my normals and it shouldn't take that long.

I'm currently at rank 8xx and dropping fast, this does not bode well. The last time I was able to keep within the top 400 without spending any loveca till the last day of the event where people were spamming loveca like crazy. Had to use 5~7 loveca (forgot the exact amount) myself to score a 6xx finish for the event during the final hours. I'm expecting to spend at least 10+ loveca if I were to aim for top 1000 as the amount of players increased yet the cutoff is still at rank 1000 for the second SR. It's a hassle so I just might save up for my next 10+1 rather than blow it on 1 SR card

I drop from the top 500 but  I play twice the event song so now I'm in the rank 465 with 5221 pts and I will not be able to play until tomorrow :c I have to work in the night u.u

Hoping to not drop from the 1000...

However you'd look at it, it's just an event. It's completely not worth for a F2P user to waste his loveca stones, just to get a single card that's going to be available after the event, anyway. In my case, it would be a complete waste of resources. I might understand players who treat Umi as their favorite character, but otherwise the best choice of action is to always save up for the 10+1 draw.