Love Live! School Idol Festival Thread

Nosebleed

50 gem draws are worth it they said..

You'll have better luck they said.....

I'm never doing this again, not worth it.

I'm like maki~chan, 50 gem draws just don't work.

Yeah odds will always be against us; I just support 10+1 now since it was the 11th that gave me the Nico UR (I've gone through 10 single draws and nothing when I first started playing, and was like "If I had done 10+1, would the last card have been a UR" ><)

Yeah odds will always be against us; I just support 10+1 now since it was the 11th that gave me the Nico UR (I've gone through 10 single draws and nothing when I first started playing, and was like "If I had done 10+1, would the last card have been a UR" ><)

I've done almost ten 50 gem draws, not a single one of them had more than 1 SR/UR 

With odds like this, no one would feel encouraged.

Right?

I tried risking it and once again it hasn't paid off. I'm surprised at how unlucky I got this time.

I did 7 single draws, nothing, and now I did a 50 gem draw and only get 1 SR which was the guaranteed one.

How much bad luck can a person actively get?

On tuesday I used two tickets got two rares then 5 gems got another rare, then 10+1 draw got only one SR, then not sure maybe I put 15 more cause I had 25 total did 5 more draws but all of them were rares again :( so 8 single draws plus 11draw got only 1 SR... Same luck

Not only aganist 10+1s I am aganist all draws at the moment T.T

On tuesday I used two tickets got two rares then 5 gems got another rare, then 10+1 draw got only one SR, then not sure maybe I put 15 more cause I had 25 total did 5 more draws but all of them were rares again :( so 8 single draws plus 11draw got only 1 SR... Same luck

Not only aganist 10+1s I am aganist all draws at the moment T.T

Yeah. Whether you go ten 10+1 draws and get nothing (except the guarantee) or 100 single draws and get nothing, it still will always be a nasty 1% UR and 9% SR rate T-T

Edit:

But I can see Nosebleed's stance on single draws. Committing 50 gems is alot for just 1 SR. If you can get lucky and get an SR/UR within 10 single draws, then that means you spent < 50 gems for it and can use the rest for events and such.

Unless of course, you go 10+ single draws and don't get an SR, in which it would've been better to go 10+1 for the guarantee.

All luck ><

Can't tell what's more weird, the fact that all this drawing happened while I had a dream I single drew a SR Kotori in the JP version on accident (instead of doing a normal scout), or that I had a dream about SIF altogether.

....Never happened to me either /O/

I wish I played JP Love Live! because HANAYO SO CUTE D:

Now I wait to play Maki's event in eng SIF whenever that comes.

I don't know your time zone, but it will be on October 6th at 5AM EST, but I do happen to know Nosebleed's, and it starts at 9AM for him.

Yeah I only don't have the Yukata Honoka

And i've yet to get any of the Nico SR/UR

Well I have 38 gems saved up, will use them for the Maki event.

You know, that's probably the next SR you get too :P

And I keep saying it, Honoka wants you to love her!!

See, Honoka has words of comfort for you!

gjpsi1A.png

Eclipsed - btw nice job on the scounting!

I currently have 47 love gems. After Maki's event and whenever the 10+1SR comes up again, I'm going to try it once more....if it fails, I don't know what this game wants with me anymore.

I think I'm good with the eng ver, I don't think I can juggle two SIF and (school) life DX

I once did 3 accounts during a school week, but my weeks are only 4 hours a day for 4 days. While that is true, I will still NEVER do that again. I barely got the SR on the new JP one I started (that I ended up just tossing off to the side when 3 10+1s resulted in 5 SRs and no UR).

And I can't guarantee what the next 10+1 is. We could get the UR Nozomi during the event, which would give us a guaranteed 10+1, or if we don't get it, it's a Rin UR with a guaranteed right after the event ends.

Since that's a large post, I'll double post for my fact of the day. Sometime today, I will be doing a Honoka post (I'll be mentioning a few more things other than just something about her) and with Nosebleed's misfortune with Honokas continuing, so I will do a Honoka related fact. Again with a song fact too.

In Natsuiro Egao de 1, 2, Jump, Honoka's solo song has one difference from everyone else's in that the guitar solo is changed and doesn't match the normal song's guitar solo like everyone else's guitar solo.

I once did 3 accounts during a school week, but my weeks are only 4 hours a day for 4 days. While that is true, I will still NEVER do that again. I barely got the SR on the new JP one I started (that I ended up just tossing off to the side when 3 10+1s resulted in 5 SRs and no UR).

What are the benefits of doing multiple accounts? (minus having an ENG and a JP account ,of course)

I'd hate to get a UR on a secondary account which technically could've been for my primary account ><

Well, I've had my starting EN and JP, and have used them since I made them. The thing is, JP is easier to level, and Maki~chan made a new JP account and drew an UR Rin (the new super cute one), so I decided to start a new JP account to see if I can draw an UR Rin on it and use that one as my main JP instead. My old account was only ~rank 70, which isn't hard to reach in JP since you only need half EXP per level. So on the new account, I got 150 gems and waited for the special "1st Years Only" draw, to raise my chances on getting URs I wanted, but ended up with SRs only, so I haven't even logged on to that account since then.

Now, I made a new EN account just for fun because I was waiting for LP to recharge. Ended up drawing an UR Kotori on it by rank 22 and haven't touched THAT account since out of frustration. I'm giving it away because I'm never going to use it. I'm pretty sure that happened a little after I got my UR Honoka on my main EN, so it was kinda a slap in the face after doing 6 10+s on one account, then just get an UR off 1 10+1 on a new one.

On a side note, I found this

Everybody here has a UR and I'm the only one who doesn't. :( I don't know how to feel..... Not only that the ease in which some of you mention not using a UR is enough to make me depressed (because I don't have any and you guys are just like not wanting to use one because of skills or whatever)....

Stupid rant aside, tomorrow maki event starts! Yes! I so can't wait to compete with other people (and possibly fail epically)!!!!

Honoka Post \o/

I was rewatching the 2nd season of Love Live when I noticed something. Ever since my first time watching Love Live, I've always held Honoka to a high regard, but in between rewatching the first season and me restarting the 2nd season recently, something happened, but I'm not sure how. My overall opinion of Honoka was declining very steadily. In my mind, I started to slowly see her as just a lazy, gluttonous member of the group with no unique traits. Somehow, my mind was poisoned with the thought that Honoka's personality was purely made just for the sake of needing a "leader" of the group, just being an genki "pull everyone with me" type of person.

Just 5 episodes into my rewatch of the 2nd season, I realized I saw Honoka differently than I used to. She's not some immature girl who has a forced personality for the sake of being a leader, she genuinely has amazing characteristics that makes me respect her. Her serious side is something I always found amazing about her. I'm not good at straight explaining things, so I'll use examples.

The first that came to mind when typing this was just before their performance in S2E3 of Yume no Tobira. After they saw A-Rise perform Shocking Party, the whole group just lost hope and started discrediting themselves. Honoka on the other hand, doesn't do her genki "we can do this!" cliche, she goes completely serious instead. She had given up once before, but was determined to not let the team fall to the same level she had. I just love how she didn't just give some generic genki speech before they started, no "we can do better", just a serious "let's do our best, we've got a chance here".

bZAsQ.jpg

bZAxo.jpg

bZAzc.jpg

That wasn't super significant, just somewhere to start off.

I jumped ahead a bit with that, and linked it to an earlier scene. S1E12/S1E13 have always been one of my favorite episodes of Love Live. I've heard people complain about the "lame drama" in these type of anime, but I love these moments, and feels it's extremely good character development. Honoka's decision to quit always affects me whenever I think about it, it's such a powerful scene, and such a powerful thing for her character. Her longest lasting best friend was leaving, she had failed her entire group, and couldn't go on. She just gave up. And then E13 comes after Umi hit her, she had still given up. Her resolve for quitting wasn't weak enough for one person to convince her to stay with just one slap. And then, adding on to that, she's so afraid of letting her friends down again, she's hesitant to lead them towards the Love Live again with the thought of failing them again.

As I started in my Rin Post a while ago, helping other people for just the sake of helping them is a HUGE plus to me, very few things can top it. Honoka displays this in Rin's episode, S2E5 (and I feel bad now for forgetting to include it in my Rin post). Throughout the episode, she's expressing concern over Rin. She was actually acting the part as a leader, helping guide her members to help each other in their problems. Another serious moment from her.

The last example I will give is something that stuck with me since the moment it happened (I really don't know why, this is the least significant thing yet). The specific scene was with Tsubasa and Honoka when Tsubasa was talking about how A-Rise lost to u's. The whole time, Honoka was being serious, and extremely respectful to Tsubasa. And when Tsubasa asked Honoka what the driving force for u's was, Honoka got flustered, but DIDN'T make a stupid response from being flustered (as expected of a stock genki character), she took it completely serious and, again, very respectful of Tsubasa. She even calls Umi after and thinks about it for a while to try and find an answer.

bZExK.jpg

Ran out of examples since I wasn't very prepared, just things that came to mind when typing.

I guess the last thing I'll say doesn't really go along with all this analysis of her. I also personally find Honoka as one of the most attractive looking out of the members of u's, alongside Umi and Maki. Just personal preference.

I'm sorry I stopped believing in you, Honoka, but at least I know someone that never will :)

L2yBgBr.jpg

As usual, I type these long posts but they feel like garbage. This took like 3 hours to type, but I'm always multi tasking between multiple threads on multiple forums, watching anime, playing games, chatting on multiple chat programs, etc.

I have always ranked Umi low on my favorites (usually 6th). Something about her, just don't click with me. I find her embarrased moments adorable, her strong qualities are very respectable, her singing is phenomenal, and her looks are amazing. She's extremely loyal as well. I think it might be her chastising that annoys me, how she can be harsh.

Everybody here has a UR and I'm the only one who doesn't. :( I don't know how to feel..... Not only that the ease in which some of you mention not using a UR is enough to make me depressed (because I don't have any and you guys are just like not wanting to use one because of skills or whatever)....

Stupid rant aside, tomorrow maki event starts! Yes! I so can't wait to compete with other people (and possibly fail epically)!!!!

Sorry about that. I was too excited when posting about my UR's that I wasn't being considerate to those of you who don't even have UR's yet. It's a shame because I just wanted to be able to go "Yay! Hi five!" with you guys like I did with Praeliator but instead I caused some people to be upset. I apologize and will refrain from posting these things in the future.

Sorry about that. I was too excited when posting about my UR's that I wasn't being considerate to those of you who don't even have UR's yet. It's a shame because I just wanted to be able to go "Yay! Hi five!" with you guys like I did with Praeliator but instead I caused some people to be upset. I apologize and will refrain from posting these things in the future.

It's okay, we'll still cry wether you post it or not.

Hey hey hey! No need to come to that conclusion! And as what nosebleed said, we'll still cry anyways so.... Sides, it's also nice to read about other people's happiness (yes even if it can be upsetting).

Honoka Post \o/

I was rewatching the 2nd season of Love Live when I noticed something. Ever since my first time watching Love Live, I've always held Honoka to a high regard, but in between rewatching the first season and me restarting the 2nd season recently, something happened, but I'm not sure how. My overall opinion of Honoka was declining very steadily. In my mind, I started to slowly see her as just a lazy, gluttonous member of the group with no unique traits. Somehow, my mind was poisoned with the thought that Honoka's personality was purely made just for the sake of needing a "leader" of the group, just being an genki "pull everyone with me" type of person.

Just 5 episodes into my rewatch of the 2nd season, I realized I saw Honoka differently than I used to. She's not some immature girl who has a forced personality for the sake of being a leader, she genuinely has amazing characteristics that makes me respect her. Her serious side is something I always found amazing about her. I'm not good at straight explaining things, so I'll use examples.

The first that came to mind when typing this was just before their performance in S2E3 of Yume no Tobira. After they saw A-Rise perform Shocking Party, the whole group just lost hope and started discrediting themselves. Honoka on the other hand, doesn't do her genki "we can do this!" cliche, she goes completely serious instead. She had given up once before, but was determined to not let the team fall to the same level she had. I just love how she didn't just give some generic genki speech before they started, no "we can do better", just a serious "let's do our best, we've got a chance here".

bZAsQ.jpg

bZAxo.jpg

bZAzc.jpg

That wasn't super significant, just somewhere to start off.

I jumped ahead a bit with that, and linked it to an earlier scene. S1E12/S1E13 have always been one of my favorite episodes of Love Live. I've heard people complain about the "lame drama" in these type of anime, but I love these moments, and feels it's extremely good character development. Honoka's decision to quit always affects me whenever I think about it, it's such a powerful scene, and such a powerful thing for her character. Her longest lasting best friend was leaving, she had failed her entire group, and couldn't go on. She just gave up. And then E13 comes after Umi hit her, she had still given up. Her resolve for quitting wasn't weak enough for one person to convince her to stay with just one slap. And then, adding on to that, she's so afraid of letting her friends down again, she's hesitant to lead them towards the Love Live again with the thought of failing them again.

As I started in my Rin Post a while ago, helping other people for just the sake of helping them is a HUGE plus to me, very few things can top it. Honoka displays this in Rin's episode, S2E5 (and I feel bad now for forgetting to include it in my Rin post). Throughout the episode, she's expressing concern over Rin. She was actually acting the part as a leader, helping guide her members to help each other in their problems. Another serious moment from her.

The last example I will give is something that stuck with me since the moment it happened (I really don't know why, this is the least significant thing yet). The specific scene was with Tsubasa and Honoka when Tsubasa was talking about how A-Rise lost to u's. The whole time, Honoka was being serious, and extremely respectful to Tsubasa. And when Tsubasa asked Honoka what the driving force for u's was, Honoka got flustered, but DIDN'T make a stupid response from being flustered (as expected of a stock genki character), she took it completely serious and, again, very respectful of Tsubasa. She even calls Umi after and thinks about it for a while to try and find an answer.

bZExK.jpg

This isn't garbage. This is a goldmine of in-depth analysis on an anime featuring nine super kawaii girls that are super kawaii school idols. I wish I could analyze things like this. I just tend to watch the show, react to what's going on in real time, recall some of the most memorable moments that I've enjoyed, and then move on with my life.

I'm surprised you began to see Honoka as a lazy member upon your second run through the show (she is gluttonous so I'll give ya that :P) because if I recall correctly, outside of what her personality displayed, wasn't she a bit TOO hardworking (to the point that she collapses from exhaustion/illness)? But of course, by season 2 as you pointed out there were plenty of really powerful moments she had to prove to you otherwise.

I loved Honoka's heroic BSOD moment towards the end of season 1. It's always interesting to see how these types of characters overcome their difficulties. The scene with Nico's outburst when Honoka stated that she was quitting was a particular favorite of mine; I found myself asking Honoka the very same things. And let's not forget Umi's slap + "I didn't know you were that type of person". I 100% agreed with her statement at the time and shared everybody's feelings of disappointment.

The whole "driving force" behind u's was a fun episode for me, because I found myself trying to come up with my own reason (don't ask) and was half-expecting the writers to come up with something uber cheesy. But when they finally showed it at the end of the episode

"A story achieved together"

Okay actually, maybe it is kind of cheesy, but oh well. I liked it. >.>

Funny thing is Honoka was my favourite until I played SIF in June and thought "How come Hanayo is getting points all of a sudden, oh screw it" and is now my favourite~ My top 3 are Hanayo > Honoka > Umi. At some point Maki was in my top 3 but then she just fell near the bottom...=/

Part of it comes from the fact that season 1 was, basically what my friend and I dubbed "Honoka, Kotori, Umi and friends" but I'm glad season 2 gave everyone else more screen time.

On a side note, I'm glad I can talk about Love Live! with you guys :). I usually only talk about it with another friend since we seem to be the only ones in our circle who is really into it.

Rintastic nya~

That's some deep stuff there Ceris. *Thumbs up*

I don't think you should be ashamed about neglecting Rin....(actually, what?! You went through the WHOLE season 1 without knowing her name?!!!??!!!??!@?#!  :P)

I, uh, unfortunately don't have any 'meaningful' reasons for my own list of favs but here goes:

1. Maki

2. Nico

This was without anyone's influence btw. I just somehow gravitated to them. Then when I realized that these two lovelies were indeed Nosebleed's avatar+signature I was like OHHHH MY GOSHHHH  :lol:

3. Honoka

4. Umi

5. Eli

6. Nozomi

7. Rin

8. Hanayo

9. Kotori

Listing out everybody like this always does the ones at the bottom of the list little justice. Even though Kotori's at the bottom, she's probably just 1 point behind Hanayo, who's 1 point behind Rin, and so on in my book aka I love 'em all.