Love Live! School Idol Festival Thread

Nosebleed

I finshed typesetting the NicoMaki doujinshi (more like I finally stopped being lazy)

I was translating it yesterday like I mentioned some posts ago. Thanks to Mephisto for helping me with the toughest bits.

I also found out an anon had already started translating like half of it so that made me a bit upset since I wasted quite some time but whatever it was still my own effort that got me to understand the story so nothing to be ashamed of.

Don't expect crystal clear translation obviously, this was just for passing time but I always take NicoMaki too far as usual.

Sorry for crappy typesetting as well :P

Hope you enjoy~

You can download it here (Size: 13.3 Mb)

It contains ecchi material so don't open it during school/work/timetraveling.

Also welcome Mephisto to the Love Live addiction~

Oh yea, welcome! I hope you go as hardcore as everyone else here ^^

I'm kind of interested to see how the game turns out in two months when everyone who has been playing for the whole time has like 10 free SRs. I imagine the scoring will go up and the relative value of a UR will be decreased, but also a barrier that's hard for some to conquer. It'll probably be down to skill more so than it is now, as for as scoring goes... or how many love gems you can get via other mechanisms >,>

Just do your best and try to improve, that's all. 

There'll always be someone that's better so it's no use trying to be ultra competitive. Just focus on achieving what you can.

In the end it always comes down to skill or how rich you are.

What's going to suck is when there's tons of SR/UR so the chances of getting one of the starters will lower more and more.

I can see my UR Nico fading away :(

I began to catch up with the hard songs and was really surprised they don't seem that difficult anymore, after all the time I spent on playing the game. Suprisingly, I get decent results on every first try; I'm still far from FC'ing most of them, but I guess that like with everything else, it all boils down to constant training and improvement. In the beggining they are rather hard because they cost a lot of LP in comparision to their easy and normal counterparts, but after a while your LP pool gets huge enough you can train without getting bothered you waste your precious points on them.

Other than that, I did like 4x10 common draws today and didn't got a single rare. At least I managed to level up my SR Nico, but the previously huge gold pool suddenly shrank so much I'm starting to get worried whether I won't run out of money trying to max up the rest of my cards, haha.

I felt the same way about gold when I dropped from 600k to 450k, and then it spontaneously went way up to 600k+ again with the influx of new hard/semi-EX daily songs to get clear bonuses from, so unless you're sub-100k I wouldnt worry too much. It's been like 35-40 normal draws since I've seen a rare, but I'm sure one is just around the corner ^^

I also noticed that I haven't worried about gold for weeks now. I'm always above 400k.

At least they didn't make gold hard to get or else it'd be a pain.

Edit:

Solider game completely throws me off. I actually nearly failed the song (had like 10 stamina left).

I couldn't understand the cluster of notes at all.

When there's so many singles and double taps in a row it confuses my eyes and I don't know which is which.

This one is going to be a pain

Also Yume no Tobira Has been added to the jap version.

It's going to be forever until the eng one gets it though. Hell you need rank 98 for it.

How do you turn off the animation for the skills, it's like the girls are trying to make you fuck up by blocking the screen so you can't see the incoming circle thingies. 

It's on the bottom right.

When the menu pops up go to settings and disable "Live Show Pop-ups"

I also turned them off instantly. It's annoying as hell.

So sort of funny story, I had 46 clears on Hard Solider Game in JP, and still had never gotten a full combo. Very first attempt in EN, I full combo. Wrong serverrrrrrrr.

(luckily I then switched back to JP and fc'd it. but man was that embarrassing for a moment)

So sort of funny story, I had 46 clears on Hard Solider Game in JP, and still had never gotten a full combo. Very first attempt in EN, I full combo. Wrong serverrrrrrrr.

(luckily I then switched back to JP and fc'd it. but man was that embarrassing for a moment)

U played hard soldier game long time ago izzit? And now ur technique better than before , so u can handle easily~

I read somewhere there's a chapter where Nico and Maki are alone in a cafe or something like that.

Can you confirm?

Yep, that definitely exists. And it's absolutely amazing for you. :lol:

It's Chapter 9: Part 2, I believe. Should be the right one.

FC-ed soldier game on my 2nd try. I actually feel that its easier than yesterday's daily song @@ yesterday's song took me about 5 tries. Kept messing up at the end.

@@ i think yesterday 1 easier than soldier game... anyway, u r very  skillful... havent get any fc of daily songs T_T

I'm definitely on the lower end of the skill spectrum here, I tried Soldier Game when I woke up, and for my 2nd attempt I survived with 10 stamina, and the 3rd attempt right after was 8 stamina. My team has 33 stamina to it...

Well, I've managed to get on hard rank A and combo C, and I'll probably not do it again today. Got the S-S for normal and I'll probably be getting S-S in all hard songs for now (never bothered before because of events and such.)