Love Live! School Idol Festival Thread

Nosebleed

Learn from me I got my cards without spending a single dollar :) just play the game regularly and you get like 4 love gem a month + more love gems from events then from new normal cards stories. You probably won't have enough love gems just from one month but the next month you should probably have enough love gems for a 50 gem draw :) that's how I do it and I don't want you to think that I want you to do the same I know it's probably hard to not spend money on something you like when you have money so it's a different story for me.

If I could I would. Especially that smile one. I don't know why, but It really gets on my nerves. The pure one isn't bad though. I really want the maki initial ur. I would probably give up all my cards just to have that one idolized.

That Nico UR is my 2nd favourite smile UR 1st one is Maki's smile UR :D

Oh, I saw a phone background image posted, I'll post mine, I stole it from Nosebleed a few days ago :P

MPSbqFD.jpg

Favorites as in regular rares? Because when adding SR and URs, especially the JP version, it gets really complicated because there's tons of diversity. Regular rare wise, my favorite is in Wonderful Rush (favorite PV and outfits of the 3 we have), but in the JP version, my favorite is the Snow Halation set (though, Rin's Bokura wa Ima rare looks better than Snow Halation)

It all depends on the members are times. I think Maid Eli looks horrible, but Maid Hanayo is adorable, as well as Maid Kotori.

I had a late realization yesterday. I JUST noticed the outfits the characters are wearing on the title screen... are the pure card's unidolized form *gasp*

Oh, and I like my max bonds

qYwTEqf.png

Rin and Hanayo <33

Moo that banner of yours is just too cute Ceris! I want a new banner too :D

My bonds ahh yes Umi as always (I got many many many more Umis than that but I immediately use her as practice :D) I will Make smile Maki 1000 after I got 3 event Maki's :D I will make her 1000 first then the rare one :D

My faves :

Honoka - idolized smile

Kotori - idolized pure

Umi - (I don't like any so please don't come anymore)

Hanayo - idolized pure of course

Rin - unidolized cool (yup)

Maki - idolized cool

Nico - unidolized smile (yeah)

Nozomi - unidolized cool (:D)

Eli - idolized smile

Oh, I realized some people probably don't have this.

http://minus.com/mBnozxRcFmkdj

That's a page with a ton of extremely high res (like 4000x6000) official Love Live artwork.

And here's a download link for every image

http://www.mediafire.com/download/q4f8eb48agl4ft9/officalartworkhd.rar

My signature came from that set :) I just cropped off the top and bottom and resized it (crop reduces how much the resize has to distort the image)

I'll post my favorite rare of each character later, have to go to class like right when typing this post.

Oh, I realized some people probably don't have this.

http://minus.com/mBnozxRcFmkdj

That's a page with a ton of extremely high res (like 4000x6000) official Love Live artwork.

And here's a download link for every image

http://www.mediafire.com/download/q4f8eb48agl4ft9/officalartworkhd.rar

My signature came from that set :) I just cropped off the top and bottom and resized it (crop reduces how much the resize has to distort the image)

I'll post my favorite rare of each character later, have to go to class like right when typing this post.

Question to everyone : Do you like score match more or token events more? I like score matches more cause you play with people and each time you play a different song surprise surprise and we might even play a live show together chances are big :P:D seriously wouldn't that be too awesome if we played a live together (I mean in score match) 

Question to everyone : Do you like score match more or token events more? I like score matches more cause you play with people and each time you play a different song surprise surprise and we might even play a live show together chances are big :P:D seriously wouldn't that be too awesome if we played a live together (I mean in score match)

I don't have a JP account so this is going to be my first score match. I'm looking forward to it.

Favorite Rares for each character (not including JP since not everyone plays it)

Honoka: Smile idolized (Pure idolized is close, but I always liked Honoka's swimsuit with that cover for her shoulders, along with Hanayo's and Maki's)

Umi: Pure unidolized (Despite her being one of the most attractive u's members IMO, I don't like her rares much besides this and the Cool)

Kotori: Pure idolized (easy winner)

Rin: Pure idolized (Her cool unidolize is nice too)

Hanayo: Pure idolized (maid Hanayo waaay too cute)

Maki: Smile idolized (don't really like her cards either)

Eli: Cool unidolized (Why is Pure idolized so ugly?)

Nozomi: Pure unidolized (hard choice between this and cool unidolized)

Nico: Cool unidolized (don't really like her cards, why does the smile idolized look so childish?)

I like the Wonderful Rush outfits the most out of the 3 idolized, but I really just don't like how the cards look.

It would be awesome to face each other, though I think they match you up with people around your rank, so I'm all alone :(

Score Matches have their pros and cons.

Pros

Don't have to play the same song over and over (I played ASN 267 times last event)

Less playing overall, since you aren't spending tokens (con to this) And also, less time consuming.

No "sneaking up leaderboards" (this is a con too)

Easy to calculate how much the cutoffs will increase, since there's a specific limit to how much can be played (no token horders)

Con

Less EXP since you don't have the token currency to play songs (pro is just less playing)

Less consistent in event points, you never know if you're going to get 1st or 4th in the match

Also less consistent, can't always guarantee an S rank since you don't choose a partner, so lower team scores per song (not a problem for higher ranks you can S rank songs with off-color teams *lol*)

No "sneaking up leaderboards" (this is a pro too)

Can't use "pause song and go back to sleep to save LP" trick.

Very harsh internet d/c rules, if you connection drops, it could force you to instantly restart the app, losing Event Points.

Those were what I could come up with. Looking objectively, Token Events are better, mainly due to more EXP, but personally, I like the score matches, it's fun playing random songs (well, random to an extent, I'll get to that). It's fun being matched with that one person who can FC insanely hard Experts (we won't see this, we aren't getting experts for another month, from now on, it will be token event - score match - token - etc ).

*********Now, I said random "to an extent" because you can choose with song in the cycle you want to play (only ~8 songs are available to be played, it just picks one). If you start it up, you will see a screen where it tells you the song, the attribute, and shows your teams. If it's a song you don't like/don't want to play, you can just force close your app. Your LP won't be spent. I'm not 100% sure how long you have before it wastes LP, but I think it goes all the way to just before the song starts (like, if you had bad connection when a song starts, you'll get that "connecting" symbol and have to wait for it to confirm you are connected, if you crash/disconnect before that "connecting" is over, you save LP, any time you crash after, you lose out on LP)

I put all those asterisks because I can't gaurantee this works on the EN servers, it does on the JP. I'll test it on day 1 of the event and let everyone here know if it does work.

You love explaining things to people don't you? :D great helper :D

I can't even play 5 live shows in a row my fingers hurt so much and I get that weird irritated feeling dunno how I am gonna survive on 1st day of the event :D

Ceris and others how do you actually play 5 hours non-stop? That is a great talent and patience I think

You love explaining things to people don't you? :D great helper :D

I can't even play 5 live shows in a row my fingers hurt so much and I get that weird irritated feeling dunno how I am gonna survive on 1st day of the event :D

Ceris and others how do you actually play 5 hours non-stop? That is a great talent and patience I think

I take vast pride in helping others, it's one of my passions. My main focus on forums and communities in general is help people in any way I can. Also, as I've said many times, that's one of the traits I love so much about Rin, she gave up her own enjoyment (was going to do her Sports clubs that she loves) for the sake of helping Hanayo be an idol.

I'm also like a database on stuff. If there's something I like, I do what I can to learn as much on the subject and be as informed as I can, and then pass on all bits of information I can as well.

5 hours? One day I played for 12 hours straight (one 10min break for Dinner), right near the end. I can tell you, my thumb tips were flat from the amount of presses, and my slight carpal tunnel was showing itself the next day. The way I handled that grind, I used multiple distractions. 1. I played with earbuds in walking around the block (I live on the outskirts of town around farms, not many streets, this took about an hour with my slow walking speed). Once I got back home, I laid in bed and started a comedian's youtube video stream to listen to with my gaming headset on (I don't need music from the game to hit notes, just sight). That lasted a few hours, then I talked to some friends over Xbox Live to pass time.

Thanks Nosebleed for introducing me to Last Week Tonight, since his stuff is pretty long and funny and doesn't require sight to get jokes if you've watched the videos before.

Okay, I found an amazing Youtube channel today, but they didn't have a playlist, so I made one. It contains SIP all solo videos without gameplay. Enjoy

Rin event, I tried getting top 3 after I said I wouldn't, but gave up since Tanpopo showed up (I went up 41k event points from 101k with 1.6k tokens to start with) I actually ended the event with 480 tokens since I just didn't feel like playing any more xD

I like the gap between me and Histy (6th). The Rin event actually yielded the smallest number of people trying (smallest cutoffs relative to playerbase) but the top 5 were all some of the highest scoring EN players ever, with the top 3 all being records.

I'm actually friends with Histy and Danny, and was sad for Danny when Tanpopo beat him. I wasn't going to beat Danny but TIE with him instead, which would have given us both 3rd, but Tanpopo... His name is like an omen to me xD