Homaru

I hate the first season but I'll give this second season a try~ 

well,the op was great~

....kirito is a girl?!

and he now uses lightsabers like those jedis in starwars?!  (yoda....) :o

......shino is cute....(love glasses) :D

and..........

I don't know bout anything else sorry.........    :mellow:

my opinion~ (hope you guys won't get mad at me..... :( )

Same thoughts here. xD

When I see the ending...

What the hell... Kirito gender bended? o.O

Lightsaber in shooting game? O.o

But I cannot say season 2 is good or bad from episode 1 only. There not much happening in episode 1, though.

Even in terms of source material, this arc from the light novel is better than the ones covered in the first season of Sword Art Online. I hope they also cover Volume 7 because that was the best in the light novel series. The current arc, Alicization, is really bad in my opinion and I think due to that, it will halt any desires for a 3rd season of SAO.

My real criticisms of SAO as a whole is the lack of character depth. The characters are a little too flat and I think the author could have spent much more time creating more characters and developing the characters when they were trapped in SAO. I heard the hype about SAO when I started the light novels and I was kinda stunned that the premise of being trapped in a virtual world where death is real only was two volumes.

Even in terms of source material, this arc from the light novel is better than the ones covered in the first season of Sword Art Online. I hope they also cover Volume 7 because that was the best in the light novel series. The current arc, Alicization, is really bad in my opinion and I think due to that, it will halt any desires for a 3rd season of SAO.

My real criticisms of SAO as a whole is the lack of character depth. The characters are a little too flat and I think the author could have spent much more time creating more characters and developing the characters when they were trapped in SAO. I heard the hype about SAO when I started the light novels and I was kinda stunned that the premise of being trapped in a virtual world where death is real only was two volumes.

Actually, the story only lasts 1 volume and the 2nd were just side stories :P

But yeah, the whole "characters have no depth" is a very common complaint I hear, which then I always say that GGO fixes that because Sinon actually has some depth. And yes, I heard this season of SAO is going to do the 2-arc thing, so Mother Rosario should be in this season as well.

It'll be a shame if they go by the novels in a way because after GGO it's Mother's Rosario which is just side story which might turn a lot of people off.

My friend is saying that they'll probably start Alicization but that'd also be a shame because it'd get cut off (It's the longest arc in SAO so far) so I don't even know what to hope for in SAO 2.

No doubt GGO is the best arc though. But the anime has done little to impress thus far, but it's a first episode, let's wait and see what they do after.

I hated all the random CGI though, I'm sorry but I can't stand random CGI out of nowhere and they really used it a lot for landscaping which bugs the hell out of me.

I hated all the random CGI though, I'm sorry but I can't stand random CGI out of nowhere and they really used it a lot for landscaping which bugs the hell out of me.

Isn't that the essence of VR?

EDIT: SHIT I intended to edit my post but I ended up posting a new one.

For those saying that the problem with SAO is character depth, i think Sinon will save you. Shes the deepest character in the SAO series so far to me, and she was what made the light novel, ie "phantom bullet", as awesome as it was. I hope the anime doesn't ruin this...

... and am I the only one who noticed how they don't say Sinon in the anime, but rather Shinon? It was quite annoying for me...

Isn't that the essence of VR?

EDIT: SHIT I intended to edit my post but I ended up posting a new one.

They were using 3D rendered backgrounds for a lot of stuff and it didn't look good, it looks cheap, this is an anime at the end of the day, drawn backgrounds always look better.

Wow.On a off-topic post: I was curious about something and I read that Kirito was planning to suicide before he got the message from Sachi. I didn't remember that. I'm feeling sad all over again :c

he was feeling guilty that because of him the entire guild (forgot name) died.

because he was hiding his real lv and so they got trapped in a trap(room) that scaled on lv.

so he was planning to [atone] for his sins by killing himself until he suddenly got that message.

This slow paced was expected by me. I only expect this season to cover Volumes 5, 6 & 7 and a portion of 8. Three and a half volumes spread over 24 episodes unless they already expect a third season and they would go ahead and start the "Alicization" arc.

The typical pacing for a light novel to anime should be 4-5 novels covered in a 24-26 episode period; expecting 3.5 volumes for this. The first season of SAO covered Volumes 1-4 and a portion of Volume 8.

Something is going to happen ! Eventually ! Sure ! Yeah, it's not boring at all ! ... I mean this Ep 2 was sooooo good ...

Nothing to say ... So far it's just bad.

... and am I the only one who noticed how they don't say Sinon in the anime, but rather Shinon? It was quite annoying for me...

Romanisation.

In Japanese, the name would be written as シノン. Different romanisation techniques will produce different results.

Sinon uses the Nipponsiki romanisation method. Shinon would be the result of the Hepburn romanisation method.

The second episode wasn't as boring as the first one, but they share one trait: Almost nothing happened in them.

Around fifteen to twenty minutes of the show was focused on a very irrelevant and pointless battle between Sinon's squadron and a random minigun squadron. I kept thinking "Throw a goddamned grenade at the heavy, dammit. These players are stupid. This is why I don't play MMOFPS" 

Well, I have nothing more to say. Absolutely nothing happened in the second episode. Better off playing chess.

Romanisation.

In Japanese, the name would be written as シノン. Different romanisation techniques will produce different results.

Sinon uses the Nipponsiki romanisation method. Shinon would be the result of the Hepburn romanisation method.

:blink:

(and don't bother trying do elaborate, I'll learn soon hopefully :P )

• 4 weeks later...

The novels were good. But they can easily fail as an anime just like SAO and ALO failed on multiple levels. I don't remember Asuna being as annoying as she was in the anime

I still can't take SAO seriously as an action anime or even a story driven anime. It's just sappy romance with a generic shounen protag alongside the main heroine stuck somewhere cliché.

And GGO brings us trap Kirito. I wonder how many will stick by after that. Though the reason he is a trap is explain after I can easily see the anime taking advantage of it to sell more.

Well I will certainly check it out. SAO was alright though not an anime to be taken seriously in my opinion. It's just flashy lights and action with a very shallow and generic plot and "badass" protagonist that can overcome anything (AKA what the masses enjoy the most). It's like i'm a fly and SAO is a light bulb.

Wether GGO succeeds or not I hope it does, it's my favorite arc, but it can get ruined so i won't keep my hopes  too high.

Agree word for word with what you have said except for the trap bit because I still can't think of any ways they can take advantage that Kirito is a trap. It would be a different story if he was originally introduced as a trap like Hideyoshi in Baka to Test.