Kancolle (Kantai Collection) Thread!

OriginalRen

About a week ago, I downloaded and started playing Kancolle, and let me say it's pretty legit. Gotta admit I'm pretty decent as an admiral in the game. But putting that aside, I wanted to know what you guys think.

As the topic title states, who is your favorite fleet girl and why?

I'll start with mine:

I-19 (Iku) - Type B1 class submarine. Able to launch a total of 6 torpedoes before reload. Responsible for sinking the USS Wasp and USS O'Brien carriers during the Guadalcanal campaign in 1942. Also responsible for severely damaging the USS North Carolina and causing it to be commissioned for repairs. Able to dive 330 feet and travel underwater up to 8 knots (15km/h). Crewed by 94 men, the submarine was sunk via depth charge in 1943 by the USS Radford.

Clearly, the best ever. My front line up in here. Can't handle torpedo barrages. Lol u mad.

YSGpMM7.jpg

I can't seem to get in on the Lottery it's at ridiculous times for me. (GMT Time Zone) But my favourite would have to be Nagato from the art work i've seen. really wanna play it though.1_3.png

Guess I was lucky to have a friend from Japan that helped me. :P

But yeah, the game is worth it and my fleet is awesome.

I couldn't bother myself to go through all the hassle just to play some japanese browser game. I find the Kancolle phenomenon quite amusing - even though the game has such a huge community, it is barely profitable to Kadokawa, out of various "silly" reasons which typically shows the modern japanese inability to grasp good money.

If we're already at it, I find Shimikaze, Amatsukaze, Iku and Kongou quite adorable. There's too many gals to chose from, though. You can as well make your own harem.

Kancolle itself could actually make a preety good visual novel with srpg/tactial elements, if done well.

I couldn't bother myself to go through all the hassle just to play some japanese browser game. I find the Kancolle phenomenon quite amusing - even though the game has such a huge community, it is barely profitable to Kadokawa, out of various "silly" reasons which typically shows the modern japanese inability to grasp good money.

If we're already at it, I find Shimikaze, Amatsukaze, Iku and Kongou quite adorable. There's too many gals to chose from, though. You can as well make your own harem.

Kancolle itself could actually make a preety good visual novel with srpg/tactial elements, if done well.

This.

The girls from it are all really well designed and the fan art is just immense. They could do a lot with it, there's already an anime adaptation coming next season, I just think if they ported so the West could play it then they could make a bit of cash on it. I like the idea of a VN being made out of it though, with possible routes for each ship girl? Or just ship? Or girl? Depends on what you're into I suppose.

This could be more than your typical moege; there's a lot of potential, considering it's somehow based on the hitorical facts. But japanese showed plenty of times before they aren't able to grasp anything well these days. I bet anime will become quite popular regardless whether it will be good, or bad; I seriously can't think of it becoming anything decent, more than just an excuse to shove in a bunch of cute mecha musume and strip them off their clothes in a rather spectacular way, much to crowd's delight.

Samidare was my first and will always be my favorite.
nbvARua.png

I don't really know what to say other than she struck a chord very strongly.

So then, after playing it for a bit, I became obsessed with Kancolle.  Though I don't really care for the game much.  Just looking through various fan stuff is great.  Never enough Samidare though.

My favourite is Hibiki, still leveling to get her lvl 70 remodel
DHeZ4P5.jpg

Aw man, this is Japan only? Looks interesting.

Its supposed to be Japan only, but using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) or the API link you can play it. You can find a detailed guide here http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Kancolle_Wiki.

Also, you can protect your ships by clicking the heart lock at modernization menu.

57707de46b.jpg

Does anyone know why I can't make anymore ships right now? I can't read when it says to the left of the 0>>0 part.

You need more development material (that icon with 2 nails), you can get those by completing certain sorties, expeditions and daily quests. That or you have reached 100 ships, in which case you would have to scrap some of them or use them for modernization .