Grisaia no Kaijutsu problems

Madjawa

Hey all, I've been trying to help a friend install Grisaia no Kaijutsu using the fuwanovel torrent and we keep running into an error message/problem I haven't seen anywhere else on these forums, and I couldn't find anything on it elsewise. Anyone have any ideas what could cause http://puu.sh/8J4x4.png ? Thanks for your time. We've already put like 5 hours into trying to get this to work T_T

Edited by Madjawa

When the error has japanese characters, the locale was changed so that's not the problem.

The error says "当ゲームシステムはこのゲームで動作出来ません"

Which I think roughly translates to "This game can not work in this gaming system"

I'm not a japanese pro though.

What OS are you using just to be safe?

When the error has japanese characters, the locale was changed so that's not the problem.

The error says "当ゲームシステムはこのゲームで動作出来ません"

Which I think roughly translates to "This game can not work in this gaming system"

I'm not a japanese pro though.

What OS are you using just to be safe?

Thanks for all the suggestions so far, he double checked and definitely has the japanese locale enabaled, and he's on windows... vista. shudders

This error appears when you try to install right?

Have you tried running as admin? You can also try running it with XP compatibility mode.

Given the error i think the problem is likely to be Windows vista but maybe i failed the translation, don't think it's too far off though.

This error appears when you try to install right?

Have you tried running as admin? You can also try running it with XP compatibility mode.

Given the error i think the problem is likely to be Windows vista but maybe i failed the translation, don't think it's too far off though.

Actually it said it installed fine, but when he went to run the actual game that popped up...

Once you've changed the Locale try restarting the pc, my Windows 7 always wants a restart after changing it over, it might be worth trying that then running it, if not, try a re-install of the game once you're sure it's definitely changed over.

(It looks like you're on W7 too but i'm not sure) :) Hope it helps.