Chibi thread

18 members have voted

1. 1. Chibis vs normal characters

• Chibis
    • Normal characters

This poll is closed to new votes

So lately I got somewhat into Puchimas both the anime and the manga and although I've seen a lot of chibified characters this series really made me appreciate the existence of chibis and how adorable they are. I even started prefering the chibi versions of some of the characters in the original Idolm@ster show.

So here's a thread for people to post and appreciate the existence of chibis and their cuteness.

And I also wanted to ask which do you find more appealing/cute, chibi characters or characters with normal body proportions? And also why if you'd like to explain.

And have some Amami Haruka and Haruka-san as a gift

jiIkI1u.png

Not going to put the option for both because that'd be too boring :lol:

Normal body proportions make you get into a story easier. It's probably really hard to make a serious, good VN using only chibi characters- it only works in comedy.

So, yeah. I prefer normal body proportions, nii-chan.

This is why i tried putting it as "which do you find more appealing" rather than would you use chibis or normal character for something more serious like a vn/anime/whatever.

Basically it's a question about physical appearance and not so much inner character in this case.

But if i just said "which do you think is cuter" it wouldn't sound deep and meaningful.

I am generally immune to loli with the exception of Noumi Kudryavka.

Anatomically proportional characters appeal more to me, they have a more natural beauty and a 'cute' that's not forced. Guess I'm a more down-to-earth person. They can still be moe no prob, if anything a bit sense of reality enhances that.

eru-chitanda,-anime-girl,-big-eyes-16283

I should just rename this to "Chibi appreaciation thread" and have people post chibis.

Agree.

Hmm... chibi vs not-chibi, a serious story can have chibi-like characters, there's Symphonic Rain, Dangan Ronpa (Not sure if this is actually serious or not), and a whole lot of eroge(The same could be said for this). But I still like not-chibi ones over chibi ones. The lack of moe can also be beautiful.

About those who gave their opinions, should we give their money back?

I kept the poll so their opinion still counts. I really was and still am interested in knowing how many people love chibis although perhaps comparing them to the normal characters would give predictable results.

4PizW0G.gif

I kept the poll so their opinion still counts. I really was interested in knowing how many people love chibis although perhaps comparing them to the normal characters would give predictable results.

Not really, I like chibi ones better when I'm in cuddly mode. Also my avatar used to be chibi-only before.

X46ndwy.jpg

Not really, I like chibi ones better when I'm in cuddly mode. Also my avatar used to be chibi-only before.

Right?

Every time I'm reading or watching Puchimas I want to cuddle every single one of them.

I also usually enjoy a lot of anime spin-offs with chibified versions of the MCs

t0ieg5t.jpg

Right?

Every time I'm reading or watching Puchimas I want to cuddle every single one of them.

I also usually enjoy a lot of anime spin-offs with chibified versions of the MCs

NTSzOLJ.jpg

Yeah, chibified endings are also the way to go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47SquTj_nC4

Even when comparing chibi to normal characters using just a single character, i still see normal body proportions to be superior. If it was just whether or not chibi are cuter or not I would probably agree but I find there to be so much more to appreciate about a character with normal body proportions.