Anyone Interested In Starting A Visual Novel Show?

Giki190

What's one way to make Visual Novels more known in the west while simultaneously creating discussions,suggesting, and playthroughts?  SHOW/YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!!!!!!!!

Ok I was a little bored and this came off the top of my head and i'm known to give up on ventures as quickly as I enter them

But I'm sure if everyone involved is trying their hardest

There won't be any place for me to say i'm out 

that being said I want people to discuss and help me think this out but as for now here are the people i'm looking for to get started

Speaker - Good Voice/Perfect Speech, ACTUALLY GOOD Microphone

Writer (Info Bank- They will help me come up with ideas and also must be well-vexed in all things visual novels only so we can cover our asses if we get any info wrong

Visual Novel Maker - A big part of the show will be western VNs so of course we'll need some western VN makers to consult when we're making our topic around them 

"Perfect" Japanese Speaker - 90% of VNs are in japanese but we don't discriminant! we'll need a speaker to play through Japanese VNs and translate/tell us about/review them

MORE WRITER'S - I'll come to this forum for alot of my inquires but (If you read the later parts of Bakuman you would know) that having too many "Writer's" ends up in everything becoming and in-consistent and twisted, falling apart eventually

So we're gonna need 2 or 3 besides me because honestly i'm not that good and everyone falls flat every once in awhile (any position can also be writer if you have time

I've considered streaming this on Twitch, but will that generate any viewers? I often thought of the issue of people joining halfway through a route and just being confused as all hell. It wouldn't be good for new viewers... that said, if you had a dedicated viewer base that were watching every day, it could work for them but what about new people? It would kind of suck...

Either way, I'm kind of interested in this idea. I want more details, though... would a few people just play a vn together and upload it to YouTube?

I'm unable to commit to anything permanent but I will say that I'd definitely subscribe to a channel like that :)! Hope it can happen.

I've made VNs in the past and I'm working on a new one at the moment so I'm happy to help where I can in that area :).

Speaking of good microphones, I blew around a hundred bucks on a mic, but its quality is still not as great as I'd hope. I see a lot of people with those flat noise filter things (yeah I know nothing about recording). Is that what I need? 

My guess is that what's regulating the size of the western fanbase is accessibility, commitment (VN's are long), and an entry point or way of introduction. It doesn't help that the communities are somewhat dispersed (animesuki, fuwanovel, 4chan, tlwiki, reddit). More to the point, the people who are experts in the field are also dispersed.

http://omochikaeri.wordpress.com/

takes a glance at virtually every title that get's released. Clephas also covers basically all the non-moeges. There are an ample amount of reviews for vn's proportionate to their popularity. I don't think we need more content. If anything, a neat listing of all the review blogs is what we need (I think some thread like that exists already somewhere...). It could be moved to the VN discussion forum and stickied.

How does having an organized group play through sound (not my idea)? Gauge interest, have people decide on a novel, and roll with it. Have a loose schedule for people to read up till, and use a forum thread for discussion. I think the thing people would appreciate the most are bustling threads like Ayakashibito: A thread (which came from a lot of people playing the game at the same time from a TL release).