Spring 2014 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Gokukoku has one of best plots this season, and now things are going to get more exciting since there's a S rank on the loose. One thing that sucks though is that it had the best OP in my opinion, and now it's horrible, the worst OP ever.... what a waste.

Mekakucity Actors kind of downgraded Ayano's Theory of Happiness with all that CGI at the beginning.

Nonetheless this is my favorite arc. Ayano best girl<3

This is helping explaining so much. That cliffhanger at the end though, such a tease.

Mahouka is interesting but there's so much talk and so little action lately. I really hope they're building up some awesomness.

I want to see Tatsuya beat up that red haired guy that seems extremly cocky.

And the latest Love Live really activated my fanboy mode. Needless to say it had NicoMaki in it. Thank you Sunrise for giving your fans what they want :D

Hey, does anyone else think the anime "Baby Steps" is worth giving a shot? My friends on Xbox always say its worth watching and I want a second opinion. I'm watching around fifteen anime this season and wanted to watch maybe one more.

Hey, does anyone else think the anime "Baby Steps" is worth giving a shot? My friends on Xbox always say its worth watching and I want a second opinion. I'm watching around fifteen anime this season and wanted to watch maybe one more.

I didn't like it. Might be because it's a shoujo but you should try it anyways.

I didn't like it. Might be because it's a shoujo but you should try it anyways.

Thanks for the second opinion. I was watching "Haikyuu", but dropped it due to reasons I can barely remember. Have you watched that? If so can you let me know if they are anything alike besides them being about sports played in school?

Thanks for the second opinion. I was watching "Haikyuu", but dropped it due to reasons I can barely remember. Have you watched that? If so can you let me know if they are anything alike besides them being about sports played in school?

I did not really see the anime but the manga is worth a shot. It had a nice shounen feel while still being somewhat feminine if that makes any sense to you. I can tell you without watching though that Haikyu and baby steps have very different feels. One is more boyish while the other is more girlish.

I did not really see the anime but the manga is worth a shot. It had a nice shounen feel while still being somewhat feminine if that makes any sense to you. I can tell you without watching though that Haikyu and baby steps have very different feels. One is more boyish while the other is more girlish.

Alright, thanks. I was wondering how alike the two series were and that response really cleared it up for me! I'll take a look at the manga also, thanks!

I have a huge problem with Isshuukan Friends and that is the protagonist.

The protagonist is so naive, helpless and can't do anything by himself without letting his emotions completely drive him.

I just can't cheer for him when he behaves like an immature kid.

Especially in this latest episode, instead of trying to figure out what went on he just cried and then at the end tried to be all manly despite the smartest thing he could have done would have been to discuss what happened in the past with Kujo, but nope, again his emotions blind him way too much.

Isshuukan Friends was in my top 5 when it started and now it is no longer. The protagonist just downgraded the series for me.

I'm sorry I can't stand him. I would have been fine if he had developed through out the series but he hasn't, he's still the same pretty much.

All the other characters are pretty good for the most part though. Particularly Shougo and Saki.

I have a huge problem with Isshuukan Friends and that is the protagonist.

The protagonist is so naive, helpless and can't do anything by himself without letting his emotions completely drive him.

I just can't cheer for him when he behaves like an immature kid.

Especially in this latest episode, instead of trying to figure out what went on he just cried and then at the end tried to be all manly despite the smartest thing he could have done would have been to discuss what happened in the past with Kujo, but nope, again his emotions blind him way too much.

Isshuukan Friends was in my top 5 when it started and now it is no longer. The protagonist just downgraded the series for me.

I'm sorry I can't stand him. I would have been fine if he had developed through out the series but he hasn't, he's still the same pretty much.

Nosebleed, we need to stop thinking alike. Its getting borderline creepy! I was telling "Ceris" a couple weeks back over Xbox that the main guy is super naive and seems to think he owns the girl. He is very annoying and must.. die.

Nosebleed, we need to stop thinking alike. Its getting borderline creepy! I was telling "Ceris" a couple weeks back over Xbox that the main guy is super naive and seems to think he owns the girl. He is very annoying and must.. die.

Haha, my thoughts exactly.

The series' plot had so much potential and it's all thrown away in a protagonist like that..

The series right now is a bit cliché. I mean we all kind of understand what happened to Kaori by now, it might not be original but I can forgive a cliché if the character development was good, but it really wasn't which is such a shame and it downgraded the whole thing. Because the protagonist is still all "we're friends!" after 10 episodes and can't think of anything else other than "Kaori is mine and every time she talks to someone else my heart aches" the series just started feeling like meh to me.

I've even cheered for Saki x Kaori more than I did Hase x Kaori.

Nanami was so cute this latest episode of the flag anime!

The show might be average but Nanami is adorable.

Mangaka-san is entertaining as always.

I feel bad they're only adapting the chapters where Sena is put in really awkward situations. Poor Sena-chan.

Then again all the characters are at one point.

Mihari had her moment, now I want to see Sena going full dere<3

Hmm got the chance to watch Date a Live. I don't think it's rushed at all. At this point looking back at the previous episodes they've all lead up to this pretty well, save for the beginning. I think it might feel rushed because this season has no filler episodes like the last season did, for whatever reason they chose not to have any.

I'm really hoping the finale is epic. It makes me want to read the Light Novels to find out. But I won't because I'd rather see it animated, then go back and read all the books. I'm just such a big fanboy xD

I've seen the first season, but have yet to try season two. I've heard mixed reviews about it so can you let me know if its on par with season 1?

I've seen the first season, but have yet to try season two. I've heard mixed reviews about it so can you let me know if its on par with season 1?

It's exactly the same.

If you like season 1 you'll like season 2. It's really just more of the same. The same flaws from season 1 are in season 2 and the same assets from season 1 are in season 2. Though you might or might not like the new elements and that's what creates the mixed reviews.

One of the things I struggle to deal with now is the fact that the plot kind of turned to be about world domination and some villain instead of conquering girls (Shidou hasn't conquered anyone since like episode 3 or 4).

I mean it's a new touch and I get that but Date A Live's asset are the girls and I feel like they're trying to get too serious.

I personally prefer the Date A Live that's all about the girl conquering aspect, I believe it should remain like that. When they try to get too serious I don't feel like they can quite grasp it and the show starts giving me mixed emotions about it.

It's exactly the same.

If you like season 1 you'll like season 2. It's really just more of the same. The same flaws from season 1 are in season 2 and the same assets from season 1 are in season 2. Though you might or might not like the new elements and that's what creates the mixed reviews.

One of the things I kind of struggle with now is the fact that the plot kind of turned to be about world domination instead of conquering girls.

Funny thing is "most" of my friends seem to tell me season two lacks the quality season one had (I wouldn't say its made extremely well, but I still really digged the anime as a whole) and it lacks Kotori screentime.

I need to watch the OVA first though. How was that?

It DEFINITELY lacks Kotori screentime. In fact Kotori barely does anything other than talk to shidou through that ear piece from time to time.

That's a major downgrade for me. Because Kotori best girl <3

But that's a personal opinion :P

Aside from that, the things it lacks most is, like I said, the girl conquering aspect, it just kind of lost itself trying to build up this subplot with a villain and a masterplan and that's really not what DAL is good at in my opinion.

DAL tries to joke with archtypes and the galgame scene and it does it well, but then sometimes it tries to get too serious and that doesn't sit well with me for a show of that type.

Season 2's other flaw is the short amount of episodes causes everything to become more compact so don't expect a perfect pacing. There's definitely no filler.

You don't need to watch the OVA. The OVA is just fanservice really but nothing wrong with that.

You get to see Origami in a school swimsuit and stuff.

Mihari had her moment, now I want to see Sena going full dere<3

I don't think my body would be able to handle that. It needs to happen!

About DAL. From what I understand, the LN was suppose to be more serious and focus more on the characters. That's probably why you see occasional shift between the two (DAL's adaption has some horribly inconsistent writing). I really do feel that if they wanted to tone down the seriousness that made the LN work, they should just go the full original route and set a more concise goal for the work. The tone shifts really don't do anything to help their standing. I'm glad that it is at least boosting sales for the LN (I want to start it too, one day), but still. Glad I decided to put off the 2nd season.

Sena goes full dere in the manga later on so it's possible.

Yeah the shifting it has is just too inconsistent. It's trying to be 2 things at once, have a serious plot and be about conquering girls and it's not doing it well. It needs to stick with what it can do which is character development.

Or at least just have a clear goal in mind not just create random evil plots out of thin air, at least that would still keep the plot consistent.

I watch DAL to see the heroines being conquered not seeing Shidou becoming some shounen anime protagonist and defeating some evil villain.

If Kotori not getting a lot of screentime is a turnoff for watching Date a Live, shame on you! All the characters are great (except Miku Tohka) 

:rolleyes:

Let's just face it, it's more of the same, it's structured differently but it still ends up the same.

I enjoyed DAL 1 and I'm enjoying DAL 2 on the same level pretty much though slightly less because there's not enough Kotori