Which was your first Anime/Manga

CrowHeart

• 2 weeks later...

I started off my anime experience with "Dragon Ball Z". Back then it was easily in its peak of popularity, but still has a huge fanbase around the world. Though, nowadays it is much easier to see the shortcomings "Dragon Ball Z" offers.

Ignoring stuff I saw as a kid and didn't know the word "anime" existed, the first one I watched going into it knowing it was an anime was Angel Beats, and it got me hooked instantly. Definitely one of the best 1-cour recommendations you can give someone inexperienced with anime beyond the mainstream shounens.

i remember watching a lot of anime when i was in elementary school but i didn't know they were called anime at the time but i guess my first anime was dragon ball Z,and my first manga was Angel Beats

Remember the first... the anime that made you a fan of this wonderful entertainment called ANIME.

Do you remeber wen you got your first manga and read it non stop?

What anime was it? Or What manga was it?

Can you remember what made you in to an Anime Otaku?

Why did you decide to read manga?

It's probably not the first anime I saw, but the one that got me really interested in watching other anime was Record of Loddoss Wars... and I've been in love with kingdom type anime ever since.  But I guess I was already into that sort of stuff because of constantly watching Hong Kong movies too, lol.  I looovvveeedd Deedlit.  Liking RoLW also influenced my interests in RPGs.. or it could have been the other way around.

I can't even remember what the first manga I read was.... I don't think I even read manga until way later because I didn't know about it. Found out people could read ahead of the anime, like Naruto.. and that's what I started to do too.. that's when I found other stuff I could read.

-ooh I think I remember now- I had borrowed a Chobits manga from a friend, and really enjoyed it. That's when I became aware about them. I didn't know about reading them online until Naruto-

I just loved the stories and characters in anime. As a lover of fantasy genre, anime had so many good/deep stories that fit with my interests.  Some of the first animes that got me totally hooked were Record of Loddoss Wars (which I rented from a movie store), and shows that used to play on tv like Escaflowne, Cardcaptor Sakura, Sailor Moon, Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh, DBZ, etc. Even though some people may consider anime as childish cartoons, I knew that wasn't really true because the stories could be so meaningful/amazing even adults could enjoy/learn from it. I guess being a video gamer also ties with being interested in anime since they can be similar (story-telling).