Hakuoki worth a shot for guys?

lm009

So I remembered 999 came out on ios and i popped over to aksys website and noticed a post about some shinsengumi game. This piqued my interest since(1) shinsengumi from gintama was awesome and (2)I thought it was some sort of fighting game. Well I was wrong and found out it was an otome VN game. Never had interest in seducing guys but I have read/watched some shoujo titles like ouran high, kimi ni todoke, kaichou wa maid-sama, etc. and thought they were fine, so would this game be worth taking a look at? Also partly tempted by the fact I've never played a legitimate VN on PS3(neptunia and atelier having VN-like elements)

Otome games tend to have terrible cases of DIDS (Damsel-in-Distress Syndrome), but if you can get past that, some of them are good.

Edit: There are exceptions, like Sanzen Sekai and Asaki, Yumemishi, but those are few and far in between.

HnCKwBs.png

Hakouki centers more on the story, and well...the heroine is totally useless but she's there as emotional support for the guys. My brother enjoyed Kazama's (the guy on top) route the most.

sN5cqlm.png

Sweet fuse is fun, there are more choices than Hakuouki and has a unique gameplay where you have to select keywords to connect the dots. If you don't prefer light hearted stories and absurd story lines then I don't recommend Sweet fuse. Also it's primary focus is the romance, what makes this VN fun is because its absurd....and for me its fun.

tumblr_msqeq3TCwh1rsfufdo1_500.jpg

Also the game is not as interactive as 999, If you want an interactive visual novel on psp, get Dangan Ronpa but i don't know if it works on ps3. 

WZAln8l.png

Persona 3 Portable is really fun too, you can choose between a boy or a girl heroine. It's an RPG with Visual novel elements.

bzvg1uc.png