anime based visual novel translations

krill

ok i've been watching some of the videos on rinjinbus youtube channel of their translations of the oreimo games, and the hagani game as well as thinking of playing toradora portable as the game i play after my next game. and it got me wondering how many of these games have been translated i looked around vndb and didn't really find that many and figured id ask the great posters here if they know of any and if the translations were finished and available.

The reason you didn't find that many is because there really aren't many :P

These are all the novels that have an english translation (both complete and incomplete) and that have an anime adaptation:  http://vndb.org/v/all?q=&fil=hasani-1.lang-en.olang-ja

This list is more accurate. List on VNDB continuous partial patches interface patches and VNs that are currently in progress of translation and even dropped projects.

This list is more accurate. List on VNDB continuous partial patches interface patches and VNs that are currently in progress of translation and even dropped projects.

I know but the list is already so short (2 pages) that I figured it was enough of a prespective and shouldn't be too hard to navigate.

And the OP only asked for VNs with anime. That one is a list of ALL english VNs.

im looking for vns based off of anime series only not all english vns thanx though

Oh then the list is even shorter though vndb doesn't have an option for that.

The only ones I can think of are Toradora and OreImo really.

VNs tend to be the source material not the adaptation

I tried that ToLoveRu vn for PSP and it was rather disappointing.  The mini-games ended up annoying me.  The Cero-B rating annoyed me even more.  C'mon, it's ToLoveRu!  Making a Cero-B vn out of ToLoveRu was not exactly a master-stroke.

Ai Yori Aoshi vn didn't really hold my interest either...even though I really enjoyed the anime...even though I could play it in English so it was easier...

Maybe somehow the depth/detail I expect from a vn isn't there, when they go the anime -> VN route?

I haven't given up though.  Someday I will try both of the Aria vn's for instance.  Maybe even that My Hime one.