Visual Novels compatibility with Windows 8?

LastLivez

I have being playing visual novels for awhile now, and wanted to play them on the go with a new laptop. The problem is that I am unsure if most visual novels will be compatible with Windows 8 (.1). I have checked around the internet but have found no relevant information. I'm also interested in windows 8 tablets, and if anyone knows if most visual novels work on them nicely please tell me.

Most visual novels work on windows 8 devices so it shouldn't be a problem.

The only novels i recall sometimes give problems because of the OS were Muv-Luv and Ever17 (That i have seen reported of course but there are fixes for it)

All the others work fine as far as i know with windows 8 since the OS is optimized to run software for older versions of windows, much like Windows 7 can run VNs made 10 years ago.

Though a tablet will be different. Don't get the 2 of them confused. You won't be able to run a VN on a windows tablet.

I use windows 8.1 and yes... there are many errors with some with DX9-based VN's... but most VN's run on it.

But the solution is simple if you have this issues, Download Virtualbox or VMWare, install windows XP and run it from there. Vbox even has a feature that lets you hide the desktop and mix the actual window with your current environment.

(or just paste the DLLs...)

I'm running Win8.1 on a tablet/laptop hybrid, and I can confirm that the VNs I've tried work perfectly so far - that is, Tsukihime, Muv Luv, Muv Luv Alternative, KonoSora, Grisaia, Cross+Channel and Muramasa.

The only one that has been giving me trouble so far was Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ~Latest Edition~, though I hear that one crashed constantly even on WinXP, so it's probably not the OS's fault.

I have had no problems with windows 8 so far with around 8 VNs. Before now, lol. Ruitomo just wont work, whatever I do I get an error that windows cant read the exe. PISSESS MEE OFFFFFF.

And no I wont use a VM on my mini laptop. Kinda... saaad.

Maybe get myself a duel boot....

Some of the VNs need NTLEA to be played in Windows 8.

I do already have japanese region on... But I will try it anyway..

Damn, it didnt work fak....

Putting this on hold for now lol. I actually might get myself a jap windows version.