Do you think judging characters based on types like tsundare is a stupid thing to do?

Okami

I always hear people saying things like "do you like tsundares. I like kudares. Wath do you think about yenares. Etc" and I think dividing and judging characters based on thouse divides is pretty stupid. Why? Well I think about characters in the same way I think about real people so judging characters based on types is the same as judging people by certain types like for example bisnismans, sport persons, scientist, intelligent people, manipulators, philosophies etc. Even true they do share some characteristics among themselves there are many different people who are bisnismans, scientist... And it is the same for characters even true all tsundares share some characteristics they are all different persons/characters. Now if you were to judge real people based on such types everybody would say that it is wrong but nobody says a thing when you are doing it to the characters. Now I would name this topic "Do you think judging characters based on types like tsundare is a wrong thing to do?" but I don't like to divide actions into good and bad as I think that every action can be considered both good and bad depending on the circumstances and standards of people judging it, but I do divade actions in smart and stupid things to do and I think that this is a stupid thing to do. But if you like it let me put it this way, don't you think that judging characters based on some types is doing them an injustice since you wouldn't judge real people in that way?

Some might say that it is not a same thing or that I shouldn't compare real people with characters but if you ask me thouse people are just arrogant thinking that they are superior from the characters just because they live in a 3D world.

I don't think it's a stupid thing to do mainly because the archtypes were invented so you can indentify the character's personality quicker which in my prespective means judging them in a way. We as humans are judgemental beings and that's how it's always been in my opinion.

However each character is individual (unless they're complete rip offs) and has their own story and their own personality traits aside from the archtype. So you can say you don't like tsunderes but there's many types of tsunderes, and the same thing applies to every arch type and you might just like one of the characters even if you say you dislike the whole archtype. 

So is it stupid to judge characters based on their given arch type? No, if they fit into one arch type then you know how they'll be like and you can predict how their personality will be and that for me is judging.

However is it stupid to dislike the character without knowing anything else about it other than the archtype? Yes, defenitely.

And the same rules apply to 3D people for me

Some might say that it is not a same thing or that I shouldn't compare real people with characters but if you ask me thouse people are just arrogant thinking that they are superior from the characters just because they live in a 3D world.

I agree, I consider 2d characters superior to 3d xD

but...

judging characters based on types is the same as judging people by certain types like for example bisnismans, sport persons, scientist, intelligent people, manipulators, philosophies etc.

What is wrong with that? I don't feel anything wrong saying that IRL I much prefer dealing with intelligent people who are not manipulative and are able to have philosophical discussion (that's from the ones you mentioned). I would also add that I don't like "party" people and I much prefer people with intelligent humor instead of silly humor. And I like e-sports people.

Sure there are exceptions but the categorization usually works pretty well and I don't mind putting people in categories like that, because they server their purpose.

And that's why for my ideal heroine I can say if I like her tsundere because it is a personality trait, I am not saying that I like every tsundere and I don't like everyone else, all its saying is that most of the girls I like are also tsunderes but the ones I love have unique personality traits on top of that.

I agree, I consider 2d characters superior to 3d xD

but...

What is wrong with that? I don't feel anything wrong saying that IRL I much prefer dealing with intelligent people who are not manipulative and are able to have philosophical discussion (that's from the ones you mentioned). I would also add that I don't like "party" people and I much prefer people with intelligent humor instead of silly humor. And I like e-sports people.

Sure there are exceptions but the categorization usually works pretty well and I don't mind putting people in categories like that, because they server their purpose.

And that's why for my ideal heroine I can say if I like her tsundere because it is a personality trait, I am not saying that I like every tsundere and I don't like everyone else, all its saying is that most of the girls I like are also tsunderes but the ones I love have unique personality traits on top of that.

Well yea I prefer dealing with intelligent persons too rather then with average or stupid people but that doesn't mean I should judge them just based on that, I mean someone can be an intelligent and total bastard too and someone might be a stupid but very good person. Saying that you prefer talking with intelligent people isn't exactly judging all intelligent people. When I say judging I mean more on this "I am not saying that I like every tsundere" I meant on people who say I hate tsundares and he will hate them all as if they are all the same.

one of the things i hate in this world are Baka's..

Side note: I do see why you think Calling characters by a arch-type is a stupid idea, But in my mind i think it more or less helps distinguish between the characters, But say (Tsundere because that seems to be the main one here)  as a whole..I can see why it feels like the characters seem to be the same in the end due to the arch-type But as previously mentioned most characters act (Tsunderishly) different to the other characters..

It's no more stupid than judging people based on, say, whether or not they are talkative. Even if you dislike talkative people it's probably not the best idea to completely avoid them based on that one aspect of their personality alone, but if you simply can't stand talkative people for whatever reason, you're perfectly free to avoid them all.