I want a suggestion~

Kaguya

I was almost sure there is a thread about  suggestions already, but I couldn't quite find it (I didn't do the most through research one could do, though).

Point is, I want to watch a new anime. And this time around, I'm quite picky.

I want a suggestion that will include the following:

1_ Not centered around romance or comedy (it may still have some of those elements, though they can't be main points of the story)

2_ Needs to have a good plot twist (or multiple)

3_ Not centered around moe or ecchi stuff.

4_ Isn't reliant solely on drama to keep the story going (can still have a decent amount of it, though.)

5_ Will make me feel awe.

6_ Excludes the "sports" genre

7_ Has reasonably good animation

8_ Isn't reliant solely around action to keep the story going. (same as drama)

9_ You would rate as 8 or higher in a scale from 1 to 10.

These are not usually what I ask for, but I just really feel like watching something like that. If you don't know something that fits all of my conditions, you can suggest something that fits most of them, but tell which conditions it excludes.

Well, this is it. I'm looking forward to see what will come of this thread~

Shinsekai Yori comes to mind

Includes points 1, 2, 3, 5 (imo), 6, 7, 8, 9

I didn't include 4 because there is some drama in several stances though that's not what the entire anime is about

Another one is Higurashi but i'm certain you've seen that already. I guess i have too much moe on my list to be of more help

Well to me I really cant think of anything right now with all those conditions. But if you want my top series in regards to 8+ you can see my Mal..I tend to rate my Favorites 10, Good 9 and alright 8's...Below that is trash.(Not really just making a statement.).

Anyway, I will go through my own list and pull out a few if I can, Although im not sure if you have seen it or not.

Shinsekai Yori comes to mind

Includes points 1, 2, 3, 5 (imo), 6, 7, 8, 9

I didn't include 4 because there is some drama in several stances

that's fine. "Can have a decent amount" = not as much comedy as nichijou.

Anything less than that is fine, for all genres :D

I'm only going to be actually picky with the "not centered around X" ones.

Honestly, I would suggest Muv-luv Alternative: Total Eclipse. I guess the only thing is that it doesn't really have major plot twists, but the character development more than makes up for it.

Check -> 1_ Not centered around romance or comedy (it may still have some of those elements, though they can't be main points of the story)

2_ Needs to have a good plot twist (or multiple)

Check -> 3_ Not centered around moe or ecchi stuff.

Check -> 4_ Isn't reliant solely on drama to keep the story going (can still have a decent amount of it, though.)

Check -> (at least, it should :D )5_ Will make me feel awe.

Check -> 6_ Excludes the "sports" genre

Check -> 7_ Has reasonably good animation

Check -> 8_ Isn't reliant solely around action to keep the story going. (same as drama)

Check -> (it's in my top 10, if not my top 5) 9_ You would rate as 8 or higher in a scale from 1 to 10.

Oh, I didn't see this thread for some reason.

Well, if you still need some suggestion, Mawaru Penguindrum and Princess Tutu both fit pretty much all your points.

My backlog always ends very quickly, so it's always good to have new suggestions~

The plot in MawaPen is not exactly simple, so you have to stay awake at the right time. That being said, it's nothing overly complicated either. And it has lots of other good points. Like an awesome realization.

My backlog always ends very quickly, so it's always good to have new suggestions~

Lucky~ Mine never ever ceases to fill itself as I empty it. It stabilized around 150 titles those last months, but doesn't show signs of decrease...

Do you take any VNs? Something comes to mind, though, I don't know what qualifies as making you go "awe."

I finished basically all of the english-translated VNs out there, and I'm currently reading a few JP ones, but if you can find something I haven't read yet, sure. That would be even better.

I finished basically all of the english-translated VNs out there, and I'm currently reading a few JP ones, but if you can find something I haven't read yet, sure. That would be even better.

ALL of them? Geez, uhh, have you read any of Phoenix Wright? I didn't always consider the series a VN, but it's definitely a good story. I haven't read the DLC for the newest one on the 3DS, but, for the most part, I liked it. Quite the twist too. If you've already read that, then I guess I don't really have anything to recommend. You've clearly already played Persona.

ALL of them? Geez, uhh, have you read any of Phoenix Wright? I didn't always consider the series a VN, but it's definitely a good story. I haven't read the DLC for the newest one on the 3DS, but, for the most part, I liked it. Quite the twist too. If you've already read that, then I guess I don't really have anything to recommend. You've clearly already played Persona.

Yes, I like the Phoenix Wright series. Not really a  VN, but it has some VN elements. No need to comment on persona, just look at my quote :P