Sekien No Inganock: Dissappearing CGs (SOLVED)

Are you running your computer with Japan system locale? (link to instructions): No 
Game Name: Sekien No Inganock:
Description of Problem: Unlocked CGs dissappear upon closing the game and restarting it again. Or rather, the CGs become "locked" again.
Your Operating System: Windows 7
64 or 32 bit (link to how to find): 64 Bit
What did you already try? (Uninstall/Reinstall, Redownload, Run as admin, etc): Nothing yet at the moment. I only tried the infamous uncheck: "Read only" button.
Did you download your game from Fuwanovel?: Yes

Additional Information: This is the first game in which CGs do not stay unlocked properly. I've also finished Clannad, Ever17, Remember11 and played a little bit of G-Senjou no Maou. In these games the unlocked CGs stayed unlocked upon closing and starting game again later.

This is the only problem that I have with Sekien No Inganock, everything else in the game functions properly.

Edit: I tried setting the computer to Japan System Locale - Did not solve the problem.

Are you running Inganock with AppLocale? If not, then that's probably the issue. But if you are running it with AppLocale, and the issue persists, might want to consider switching to JP locale, as most of the VNs do not work properly with the EN locale (Even with AppLocale on).

Could you explain it a bit more? What do you mean with "AppLocale"? At the moment I just start the game by starting the appropiate "game.exe" in the map file.

Here's a guide as to how to use AppLocale, a tool that lets you emulate locale settings on specific programs.

http://kichkat.wordpress.com/visual-novels/tutorial-playing-visual-novel/

Here's a guide as to how to use AppLocale, a tool that lets you emulate locale settings on specific programs.

http://kichkat.wordpress.com/visual-novels/tutorial-playing-visual-novel/

It looks usefull, however my problem is not that I'm unable to start the game. I can play the game just fine without any problems. The problem is that the unlocked CGs don't stay unlocked after shutting down the game. The CGs become locked again when ever I continue the game.

did you try checking the savedata?

is the savedata modified with the same date you unlock it?

The date do seem to correspond with the unlocking time in my safe files. I restarted chapter 1 to get a few CGs, saved, checked the save date/time and they seem to be correct.

It looks usefull, however my problem is not that I'm unable to start the game. I can play the game just fine without any problems. The problem is that the unlocked CGs don't stay unlocked after shutting down the game. The CGs become locked again when ever I continue the game.

Even if you do start it fine with EN locale, that doesn't guarantee that the program will behave correctly. It's possible that even if you do save without problems, that the parameters that mark the CGs as unlocked cannot be written correctly, thus you not being able to make the CGs stay unlocked.

EDIT: Instead of doing what I mentioned above, try deleting the INGAsave.dat in your save folder so that the game can generate another one, just in case that one is corrupt.

Edited by DrKleiner

Even if you do start it fine with EN locale, that doesn't guarantee that the program will behave correctly. It's possible that even if you do save without problems, that the parameters that mark the CGs as unlocked cannot be written correctly, thus you not being able to make the CGs stay unlocked.

EDIT: Instead of doing what I mentioned above, try deleting the INGAsave.dat in your save folder so that the game can generate another one, just in case that one is corrupt.

Or rename it to something else, this way you can restore if that wasn't the issue.

Also ensure the files are not read-only and try running as Administrator.

Tried the solution mentioned in your Edit and this seems to have solved the problem! Before I deleted the INGAsafve.dat, I checked the time stamp and I believe I remember what I did wrong back then that might have caused the problem. I need to be more carefull next time :P

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Topic can be marked as Solved