Angel Beats! VN

Yukiru

Xenophobia or not, but they turned down all approaches from MG, JAST and everyone else, and its common tale in community that they asked about million dollars of advance payment for license for one of their games.

MG staff several times stated on MG forums that getting Key/VA games is impossible.

Basically this, they are asking for way more than what is possible. Key/VA takes licensing very seriously, regardless of it being xenophobia or not. When you think about a TL, it actually does edit the content and material, so that is a big factor of big titles rarely getting official localizations.

Basically this, they are asking for way more than what is possible. Key/VA takes licensing very seriously, regardless of it being xenophobia or not. When you think about a TL, it actually does edit the content and material, so that is a big factor of big titles rarely getting official localizations.

From everything I've read, Nayleen and shcboomer hit it on the head.  Most VN publishers see very little incentive to license due to perceived low demand abroad.  The up-front, high licensing fees are equal parts barriers and security deposits.  On top of that, as shcboomer added, translations are fickle beasts and can make or break source material.  Many VN companies were scarred by their own attempts to translate/distribute early on, and are hesitant to experiment.

In my opinion, that's why the official Planetarian iOS app and MoeNovel's "If My Heart Had Wings" localization are so significant: we're finally seeing some experimentation.  This is progress of the best kind.

Sadly, though, if an iOS build of Planetarian is as risky as it gets, I'd be surprised to see the AB VN getting Western treatment any time soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Ehhh it's going to be in volumes? well i suppose that does mean we should get around 60 episodes total then :)

and i suppose this will also cutdown translation time? seeing as they will be shorter?

60 episodes of what? This is about Visual Novel which will have 6 volumes. Or have I missed something?

And 1st volume may be as big as CLANNAD.

"-Vol1 goes up to about ep10 of the anime"

That is what i was wondering... so is it 10 episodes per volume or what :P

Sorry, I saw that, but still don't follow... Are you saying that if there will be an adaptation it may be as big as 60 eps?

Or did they stated somewhere that adaptation will be for sure?

Edit: but anyway, volumes 2+ will be just routes. If there will be another adaptation, they'll just skip some of them and we'll end up with 24eps

Edited by メルP

Sorry, I saw that, but still don't follow... Are you saying that if there will be an adaptation it may be as big as 60 eps?

Or did they stated somewhere that adaptation will be for sure?

Edit: but anyway volumes 2+ will be just rputes. If there will be another adaptation they'll just skip some and we'll end up with 24eps

As I understood it, it means they are going to start from ep1 of anime and follow anime story.

As I understood it, it means they are going to start from ep1 of anime and follow anime story.

Yeah, this is what I thought too. They are just giving some info about what we may see in 1st volume, story-wise.

But lately I'm a bit behind anime-related news. I thought maybe I missed something and there was official info about new adaptation.