Looking forward to the discussions to come

nohman

I've been reading visual novels off-and-on for a little under 3 years now, particularly more so now than ever, and I thought it would be worthwhile and enjoyable to join the Fuwanovel community and take place in all the interesting discussions. This place is great.

I look forward to getting to know you all and hope I can contribute in a meaningful way.

Welcome to the forums! What are your favorite VN's that you have played so far?

That’s probably a harder question for me than it should be. I’m the type of person who gets so engrossed in what he’s currently reading that I can get a little hyperbolic in my opinions for the current title, so much so that afterwards it can be difficult to discern the sentiment from a more earnest and reasonable opinion.

That being said, I have quite the soft spot for G-senjou no Maou. It was the VN that really pulled me in and made me hungry to taste more of the medium. Fate/Stay Night, despite some misgivings, had such amazing world building that it can’t help but list it. Narcissu plucked at the right heart strings. Deardrops was just fun and resonated with me. I’m still currently reading it, but I think If My Heart Had Wings will end up as a favorite of mine. There’s something just so simple and beautiful thematically about it and the sense of progression between the two arcs that make up a playthrough is structured great I feel, in spite of some of the shortcomings of the routes I’ve read. And of course, Ever17 would be missed if I didn’t mention it.

Thanks for you welcome.

Hi and welcomes~

Hmm, since you read Deardrops, what did you think of Kira Kira?

It's one I've been meaning to read for over a year now, actually. It's on my radar, but I always end up starting something else instead. Would you say its better than Deardrops?

It's one I've been meaning to read for over a year now, actually. It's on my radar, but I always end up starting something else instead. Would you say its better than Deardrops?

I'd rate both of them as about the same. Kira Kira has better endings, though. Specially the first Kirari ending. It's great.

What Nakuya said, mostly; I'll add that Kira Kira goes genre shift mode after the long common route (similar to Deardrops), focusing on character drama (as TakaJun says in his review, likely a case of the writer of Swan Song and producer bamboo wrestling for control here). I personally rated Deardrops .2 points higher than Kira Kira if I remember correctly, but Kirari's normal end is a major standout (and Chie's end refreshing somehow). Definitely recommended.

I'd rate both of them as about the same. Kira Kira has better endings, though. Specially the first Kirari ending. It's great.

What Nakuya said, mostly; I'll add that Kira Kira goes genre shift mode after the long common route (similar to Deardrops), focusing on character drama (as TakaJun says in his review, likely a case of the writer of Swan Song and producer bamboo wrestling for control here). I personally rated Deardrops .2 points higher than Kira Kira if I remember correctly, but Kirari's normal end is a major standout (and Chie's end refreshing somehow). Definitely recommended.

Hm. I definitely think I'll prioritize it over a few things, then. Maybe read it as a palate cleanser after Rewrite.

Thank you.