Hello all

Stanleys

I guess I'll just do a basic introduction. I have been looking around the forum for a little while now. I joined last night to ask about an editing project and decided to stick around for awhile. I have been on a few other forums in the past, i was most active on the JustDubs forums a year or so back. I have been a fan of anime for two or three years now. I started with watching english dubbed anime on netflix then finally went to subbed anime on streaming sites. Now I usually download any anime that I watch. I can't remember when I started to play VN's but I'm glad I did. I also read manga a little, mostly One Piece and Rosario + Vampire.

I guess I'll also list my top five favorite anime and Vn's.

Anime-

One Piece

Angel Beats

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Toradora

Fairy Tail (mostly for the music)

And Vn's-

Little Busters (best so far)

Rewrite

Hoshizora no Memoria

Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa wo Hirogete

Entire "Da Capo" series

Well, that was a little more than a basic introduction but oh well. I'm glad to be here and I hope to have a great time.

Welcome! have you tried Cross Channel or G-Senjou?

Well, I hope you have fun here~

I am considering playing Cross Channel but I'm not sure yet. But I have played G-Senjou before. I only got through the first part of it before I sent my computer in for repairs and there was a problem and my hard drive was wiped clean and I haven't had a chance to download it again. The thing is the protag kinda pissed me off with his attitude towards people. i don't know what it is but I'm not a big fan of protags who are assholes.

I am considering playing Cross Channel but I'm not sure yet. But I have played G-Senjou before. I only got through the first part of it before I sent my computer in for repairs and there was a problem and my hard drive was wiped clean and I haven't downloaded had a chance to download it again. The thing is the protag kinda pissed me off with his attitude towards people. i don't know what it is but I'm not a big fan of protags who are assholes.

He has quite some moral development, so I'd say you should give G-Senjou another try.

By what you said right now, you probably won't be able to stand Cross Channel protagonist....

What of some Type-moon VNs? have you played Tsukihime or Fate?

He has quite some moral development, so I'd say you should give G-Senjou another try.

By what you said right now, you probably won't be able to stand Cross Channel protagonist....

What of some Type-moon VNs? have you played Tsukihime or Fate?

Realy, well I might have to give G-Senjou another shot.

I have heard great thongs about the Fate Series but I really don't know a whole lot about it. Could you give be a bit of an idea of what the story is about, and also things like charcter personality.

Realy, well I might have to give G-Senjou another shot.

I have heard great thongs about the Fate Series but I really don't know a whole lot about it. Could you give be a bit of an idea of what the story is about, and also things like charcter personality.

The story is divided in 3 routes, Fate, Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel.

Seven mages summon super powerful familiars called Servants in order to participate in a Battle Royale-style contest called the Holy Grail War. The last mage to still have their Servant in the end wins the Holy Grail.

There are three routes, called Fate, Unlimited Blade Work, and Heaven’s Feel. You must get to the end of each route to unlock the next one. The first route, Fate, only has a True ending. Both Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven’s Feel have a Good ending as well as a perfect ending. There's also a bunch of bad and dead endings that come suddenly due to wrong choices, so beware.

The main character is Shirou Emiya- He’s an amateur magus that accidentally got swept into the Holy Grail War by accidentally summoning a servant called Saber. Shirou's goal is to become a "superhero" which is explained (in Fate) and deconstructed (In Unlimited Blade Works)

the routes:

Fate: The default route of the VN and the route that the Fate/Stay Night anime is based off of. This route is usually the most disliked one, as so little happened during the day on this route because it kept going on and on about the slice of life parts. This route is also very tiring because it drops ALL of the important information in you at once, and it focus mostly on character development, letting little to none space to awesomeness.

Unlimited Blade Works: Now this is more like it. There’s a lot happening in this route and it all goes by at a pretty brisk pace. While focusing on Shirou and his ideal, it pretty much deconstructs the idea of "superhero" that he had. It had a lot of awesome fighting scenes, and it feels very nice combined with the character development that happens in the Fate route.

Heaven's Feel:This route, oh my gosh. This one gets really depressing and horrifying very quick. It's my favorite. It focus a bit on the dark side of love, and while Fate and UBW pose the question of "How should Shirou live his life?" this is one of the possible answers. Everything seems more hopeless and despairing than the other routes, but it is by far the most awesome one.

The story is divided in 3 routes, Fate, Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel.

Seven mages summon super powerful familiars called Servants in order to participate in a Battle Royale-style contest called the Holy Grail War. The last mage to still have their Servant in the end wins the Holy Grail.

There are three routes, called Fate, Unlimited Blade Work, and Heaven’s Feel. You must get to the end of each route to unlock the next one. The first route, Fate, only has a True ending. Both Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven’s Feel have a Good ending as well as a perfect ending. There's also a bunch of bad and dead endings that come suddenly due to wrong choices, so beware.

The main character is Shirou Emiya- He’s an amateur magus that accidentally got swept into the Holy Grail War by accidentally summoning a servant called Saber. Shirou's goal is to become a "superhero" which is explained (in Fate) and deconstructed (In Unlimited Blade Works)

the routes:

Fate: The default route of the VN and the route that the Fate/Stay Night anime is based off of. This route is usually the most disliked one, as so little happened during the day on this route because it kept going on and on about the slice of life parts. This route is also very tiring because it drops ALL of the important information in you at once, and it focus mostly on character development, letting little to none space to awesomeness.

Unlimited Blade Works: Now this is more like it. There’s a lot happening in this route and it all goes by at a pretty brisk pace. While focusing on Shirou and his ideal, it pretty much deconstructs the idea of "superhero" that he had. It had a lot of awesome fighting scenes, and it feels very nice combined with the character development that happens in the Fate route.

Heaven's Feel:This route, oh my gosh. This one gets really depressing and horrifying very quick. It's my favorite. It focus a bit on the dark side of love, and while Fate and UBW pose the question of "How should Shirou live his life?" this is one of the possible answers. Everything seems more hopeless and despairing than the other routes, but it is by far the most awesome one.

That sounds really awesome. A couple more questions first though. Is the text over the images or is it like most VN's where it is in a box at the bottom of the screen? Also, the ending, without giving away anything, does it leave you with a good feeling or a feeling of despair? Or would that just give it away?

Fate/Stay Night is entirely NVL style, that means it does have that huge box overlay over BG and character sprites.

The routes are exactly as Suwako described them, they are enforced in their play order and get darker and heavier on character progression with each one. Heaven's Feel in particular is especially grim, but stands out as the most mature route with the protag forsaking his ideals in order to take fate into his own hands.

That sounds really awesome. A couple more questions first though. Is the text over the images or is it like most VN's where it is in a box at the bottom of the screen? Also, the ending, without giving away anything, does it leave you with a good feeling or a feeling of despair? Or would that just give it away?

Depends on the route. There are 40 bad/dead ends, which you get by picking the wrong choice.

I'll say a bit about the endings without giving much away

The bad/dead endings can have despair, but that is to be expected. You won't see despair at the ends of the other routes, but 2 of them are bittersweet.

the Fate route has a "True" ending, which is very bittersweet and touching.

Unlimited Blade Works has a "True" ending and a "Good Ending". Both of them are good and happy.

Heaven's Feel has a "True" ending, which is very good, and it also has a "normal" ending, which is very, very bittersweet.

Nayleen answered the question about the screen already.

Depends on the route. There are 40 bad/dead ends, which you get by picking the wrong choice.

I'll say a bit about the endings without giving much away

The bad/dead endings can have despair, but that is to be expected. You won't see despair at the ends of the other routes, but 2 of them are bittersweet.

the Fate route has a "True" ending, which is very bittersweet and touching.

Unlimited Blade Works has a "True" ending and a "Good Ending". Both of them are good and happy.

Heaven's Feel has a "True" ending, which is very good, and it also has a "normal" ending, which is very, very bittersweet.

Nayleen answered the question about the screen already.

Thank you both for the great input to this. Although the NVL style text and bittersweet endings are a bit of a turn off for me, I still think this will be an awesome VN. Do you know of a place where I can download it from?